Linlithgow Rose 18/19

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

If he doesn't bring in at least one central defender with the ability to play LL level than I'll criticise Bradley, but it seems to me that the criticism is coming from fans of other clubs (natch) and a shower of barely-literate haufwits. 

You sound like an utter tadger here as most of the criticism these last few pages have been from yourself or other Rose fans. So who are the ‘barely literate halfwits’, because I don’t see Specky’s usual brainfart ‘input’ or any of Lithgierose’s usual challenging clusterfuck posts laden with misplaced fullstops and an inability to use capitals or find the space button...?

12 hours ago, GordonS said:

OK, I'll give you the attention you crave. Once.

Firstly, statistically, Linlithgow ARE the 4th best team in the league. And it's fair to compare across the conferences, because they were seeded based on last season's finishing positions. Also, did you spot the word "probably"? Do you have an actual genuine argument against that, or do you just generally have the hump at nothing?

Secondly, yes, Lithgae may finish 4th in the conference. Well done on stating the obvious. Equally, they may finish first, win the play-off and go up as Champion. When I said they're fourth best, I mean right now. 

Finally, those four cup matches you talk about... when was the most recent of them? Would it by any chance be in the middle of the injury crisis I was talking about? Go on, I'll wait for you to check.

You sound like an utter tadger here again. The guy made one perfectly civilised post responding to something you said. 

10 hours ago, PatP said:

Well well well its Harkins best pal, the thick as f**k shit stirrer sheep.

You would do well concentrating on your own  club.

Tell your mate he was the worst Rose secretary in history.

On the football, a terrible display today.  Far too many piss poor passengers in the squad.

The manager needs to ship most of them out and build for next season.

The actual state of that post though...

10 hours ago, PatP said:

Any chance you could learn how to use punctuation? 

So how is Tubby these days?   Tell him he is missed like a dose of the clap.

So Sheep, can I call you Sheep seeing as I don't know who you are?

Are you worried about bo'mess having to play for a few months away from Newtown?

Are you worried you're seemingly skint?

Of course you don't care, you're obsessed about us.

Send our love to Tubby.

Help your man Lithgierose out with that before you criticise anyone elses.

10 hours ago, PatP said:

So once work overruns you're not worried about lack of revenue for bo'mess?

Skint, but you're not worried?  What a strange attitude to have, I suppose when you've become used to having a ground for nothing that attitude becomes the norm, worrying though surely.  Bo'mess freeloaders.  

Banter, you haven't got the IQ for that. It's an obsession for you and your hero Tubby.

Will Bo'mess United please leave the plastic pitch that you didn't pay for as an over 65's team are coming on.   What a joke of a club,  good luck in the Kings Cup, hope someone is checking for suspended players mind you.

Tell Tubby his laddie McGlynn was a useless c**t, in fact he was  bo'mess class.

Good grief! What an absolute mess! :lol:

Seek help Pat.

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It's always something that perplexed me that players like kelbie and kelly can score goals everywhere and kelbie scored the goal at forfar yet fans couldn't get behind them

Nowt to do with fans not getting behind them - they didn't play well at Linlithgow. Kelbie had some good moments and good games, but not often enough. Kelly was a fish out of water.

The reason might be that Linlithgow are set up around Tommy Coyne, and maybe they couldn't adapt to that. They had been the main striker at their previous clubs and maybe they weren't so well suited to playing second forward. Another factor is that teams defend differently against stronger or weaker opponents; when Kelly signed from Sauchie, most teams sat deep and defended in numbers when they played Linlithgow. Most still do. Kelly's game is all about pace and getting in behind, and when denied space, he withered. His confidence fell and he was a shadow of the player he had been at Sauchie.

I thought Maguire might do well as a target man that Coyne could play off, but his touch is poor and he never looked fit.

The forwards who have done better, like Herd and Strickland, have generally done Coyne's running for him, helping create space for him and being available when he has the ball. Rose need that now more than ever, because while Coyne remains an exceptionally good finisher, he's not getting any younger. 

2 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Nowt to do with fans not getting behind them - they didn't play well at Linlithgow. Kelbie had some good moments and good games, but not often enough. Kelly was a fish out of water.

The reason might be that Linlithgow are set up around Tommy Coyne, and maybe they couldn't adapt to that. They had been the main striker at their previous clubs and maybe they weren't so well suited to playing second forward. Another factor is that teams defend differently against stronger or weaker opponents; when Kelly signed from Sauchie, most teams sat deep and defended in numbers when they played Linlithgow. Most still do. Kelly's game is all about pace and getting in behind, and when denied space, he withered. His confidence fell and he was a shadow of the player he had been at Sauchie.

I thought Maguire might do well as a target man that Coyne could play off, but his touch is poor and he never looked fit.

The forwards who have done better, like Herd and Strickland, have generally done Coyne's running for him, helping create space for him and being available when he has the ball. Rose need that now more than ever, because while Coyne remains an exceptionally good finisher, he's not getting any younger. 

Who's maguire do u mean malone. Yeah ithe probably is the playing second fiddle to tommy

A long time since our last visit to Paties Road.

A big game for Linlithgow after last week - a few players with a lot to prove.

Heads always go down when they know the league is over a will be heading through but not expecting much! The attitude last week was terrible! Playing for 2nd place now but still think we will finish 3rd which imo is not good enough!

2 hours ago, baker2 said:

Heads always go down when they know the league is over a will be heading through but not expecting much! The attitude last week was terrible! Playing for 2nd place now but still think we will finish 3rd which imo is not good enough!

No where near good enough !!

We still aren’t playing great! Shite watch so far![emoji85][emoji85][emoji23]
For me it's our lack of movement off the ball is the major problem.

McKinley was apoletic at Roddy for continually drifting inside instead of giving width.

Roll on the end of the season