Linlithgow Rose 18/19

I get that he steadied the ship after a poor poor year by rose standards, but even in that horrible season a couple of years ago, they never had as poor a result as this surely?

People always throw that season out as a measure of how far he’s taken them but it seems like they’re going backwards again.

I’m intrigued by lithgae. Lot of folk blame the players and not Bradley when things go wrong.

He picked them, prepared them, sets them up and in most cases, signed them. The buck should always stop at the managers door.
Today was purely down to players attitudes.

Once a player crosses the line, it's down to their attitude and approach alone.

We had 11 experienced players on the park. Who should have a good look at themselves. A few impostors in maroon.

The Teams at the bottom of this conference have improved big time and if the better teams don’t turn up they will struggle.  I’ve watched Broxburn do that in the last couple of weeks and get away with it.  The league is far from finished as today proved.  

Its easy to motivate yourself for the big games but you need the same attitude for all the teams.

To many players think games like today - that they can turn up saunter about and win.

No matter the opposition you give them 100% respect - that just didn't happen.

This result has been coming for a while. As some attitudes are disgraceful.

Alright, I skipped this one and did something else with my day, cos I thought this would be as one sided as recent games. I thought we were pretty poor at Stirling Uni and we still won easily, so I didn't think we were capable of dropping points to Ormiston, especially as it's a toss-up between them and Inverkeithing for the worst team I've ever seen the Rose play. Anyone that wants to slag me for that, feel free (but I bet I had a better day than if I'd gone to Prestonfield...)

So AH, what caused that flustercluck? The defence has been shite all season, would I be wrong in assuming that losing three goals at home to Ormiston means they were shite again? You watch that central defence for a while and it's clear they're not good enough. People rate Thom and he's a good footballer, but he has nowhere near the positional sense to play centre half. 50% of playing there is knowing where to be, and he doesn't.

You say the result has been coming for a while - I can't say I saw it like that, but I did think they'd been complacent a few times. Bradley gave them a bollocking about 10 minutes into the game at Stirling, but when they saunter through a game and win 6-1, it's hard to get the message across.

Well, they know now, and probably too late. Broxburn know that if they win their games it's theirs, and they should win all their remaining matches. We needed 7 wins in a row up to the Jeanfield game; now we're praying for snookers.

Today was purely down to players attitudes.

Once a player crosses the line, it's down to their attitude and approach alone.

We had 11 experienced players on the park. Who should have a good look at themselves. A few impostors in maroon.

Take it he made early changes then? Brought on subs/altered formation/ issued an early rollicking from the dug out?

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

I’m intrigued by lithgae. Lot of folk blame the players and not Bradley when things go wrong.

He picked them, prepared them, sets them up and in most cases, signed them. The buck should always stop at the managers door.

So, the manager again...

The season before last wasn't just a bad season - we were in really serious danger of relegation. Had we not punted the worst manager I've seen at this level, I think we would have gone down.

Bradley steadied the ship, and then he did more than that. I didn't think it was possible to fix all of the problems in one summer, but he did; left back, creativity in central midfield, width, a link from middle to front and support for Tommy Coyne. He signed (or re-signed) a clutch of very good players who had an almost immediate impact. They lost the first league game 3-2 at Penicuik as they settled in; from 3-0 down at half time they pulled it back to 3-2, and I think they'd have got something from the game had Coyne not been sent off. From then they went on a run, and they finished the season in second place, only 4 points behind a very good Bonnyrigg side and 8 points clear of third placed Penicuik. That was an unthinkable position from previous season when we finished 29 points behind second-placed Bonnyrigg, and even that was after we'd had a good end to the season and Bonnyrigg had wilted.

This season we started with two big problems; an injury crisis, and the loss of Colin Leiper in defence. Injuries meant we were fielding weirdly uneven, unbalanced teams and we had poor results in the early cups. Confidence crumbled and guys like Ruari, on whom we depend, were playing well within themselves. Luckily we had a relatively easy start to the league campaign, with only one tough tie until November (which we lost away at Camelon), so the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. Even when the injured players came back, they were coming into a team that had lost a lot of confidence.

I think Leiper is a ridiculously underrated defender. He just does right time, right place. On top of that he's a talker and he organises the defence, and is tall and physical enough to be commanding. He also has a sweet left foot and ca start moves with raking cross-field passes. In the two season up until this one he has been, IMO, clearly the best and most important player at the club. The hole he left was always going to be difficult to fill. The players Bradley used to replace him ought to have been able to do so.; it wasn't a bad judgement call that he thought they would. 

Bradley couldn't sign a whole team to cover the injuries and deficiencies, but he signed two players that have improved the team significantly - Ovenstone and Barbour. Ovy is an old war horse who definitely helped shore up the defence, especially through organising those around him. He's why we went from losing 4 against the likes of Dunbar, to beating teams at that level reasonably comfortably. He got found out against better opposition like Beith and East Stirling, but I'm sure Bradley's only looking to use him until he can get someone better in the summer.

Barbour is probably the technically best player in the team. He sits in front of the defence and can both break up attacks and starts moves by spreading it to Ruari, Roddy, Ronald and Batchy. We're immediately a much, much better team with him in it.

Your contention that "the buck should always stop at the managers [sic] door" is obviously, logically wrong. Should Spurs sack Pochettino because they lost at Watford and aren't top of the league??? The team Bradley sent out today should have won without difficulty. There's nothing about the man, as a player or a manager, that tells me he's prone to complacency or not preparing his team properly. Maybe Auld Heid will tell us that the team weren't set up right today, in which case, fair enough, slag Bradley. But if not, it was the sloppy attitude of the players that cost it. Shit happens.

And where are we now? Probably the fourth best team in the EoSFL. Given where we started this season, I can more than live with that. We need to see a response from the team, and I think we'll get one, because today would have hurt them like f**k.

1 minute ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

After scoring three and not winning my question is can the manager set up a defence? This is piss poor and Broxburn won't lose another game.

You can't set up a defence using players who can't play central defence:

Just now, GordonS said:

This season we started with two big problems; an injury crisis, and the loss of Colin Leiper in defence...

I think Leiper is a ridiculously underrated defender. He just does right time, right place. On top of that he's a talker and he organises the defence, and is tall and physical enough to be commanding. He also has a sweet left foot and ca start moves with raking cross-field passes. In the two season up until this one he has been, IMO, clearly the best and most important player at the club. The hole he left was always going to be difficult to fill. The players Bradley used to replace him ought to have been able to do so.; it wasn't a bad judgement call that he thought they would. 

So, the manager again...
The season before last wasn't just a bad season - we were in really serious danger of relegation. Had we not punted the worst manager I've seen at this level, I think we would have gone down.
Bradley steadied the ship, and then he did more than that. I didn't think it was possible to fix all of the problems in one summer, but he did; left back, creativity in central midfield, width, a link from middle to front and support for Tommy Coyne. He signed (or re-signed) a clutch of very good players who had an almost immediate impact. They lost the first league game 3-2 at Penicuik as they settled in; from 3-0 down at half time they pulled it back to 3-2, and I think they'd have got something from the game had Coyne not been sent off. From then they went on a run, and they finished the season in second place, only 4 points behind a very good Bonnyrigg side and 8 points clear of third placed Penicuik. That was an unthinkable position from previous season when we finished 29 points behind second-placed Bonnyrigg, and even that was after we'd had a good end to the season and Bonnyrigg had wilted.
This season we started with two big problems; an injury crisis, and the loss of Colin Leiper in defence. Injuries meant we were fielding weirdly uneven, unbalanced teams and we had poor results in the early cups. Confidence crumbled and guys like Ruari, on whom we depend, were playing well within themselves. Luckily we had a relatively easy start to the league campaign, with only one tough tie until November (which we lost away at Camelon), so the damage wasn't as bad as it could have been. Even when the injured players came back, they were coming into a team that had lost a lot of confidence.
Bradley couldn't sign a whole team to cover the injuries and deficiencies, but he signed two players that have improved the team significantly - Ovenstone and Barbour. Ovy is an old war horse who definitely helped shore up the defence, especially through organising those around him. He's why we went from losing 4 against the likes of Dunbar, to beating teams at that level reasonably comfortably. He got found out against better opposition like Beith and East Stirling, but I'm sure Bradley's only looking to use him until he can get someone better in the summer.
Barbour is probably the technically best player in the team. He sits in front of the defence and can both break up attacks and starts moves by spreading it to Ruari, Roddy, Ronald and Batchy. We're immediately a much, much better team with him in it.
Your contention that "the buck should always stop at the managers [sic] door" is obviously, logically wrong. Should Spurs sack Pochettino because they lost at Watford and aren't top of the league??? The team Bradley sent out today should have won without difficulty. There's nothing about the man, as a player or a manager, that tells me he's prone to complacency or not preparing his team properly. Maybe Auld Heid will tell us that the team weren't set up right today, in which case, fair enough, slag Bradley. But if not, it was the sloppy attitude of the players that cost it. Shit happens.
And where are we now? Probably the fourth best team in the EoSFL. Given where we started this season, I can more than live with that. We need to see a response from the team, and I think we'll get one, because today would have hurt them like f**k.

We won’t get a response! The league is finished! The heads will be well and truely down and we will be lucky to finish 2nd!