Linlithgow Rose 18/19

About 30-35 years ago there was a hot food takeaway right across the road from the club. I think it was originally associated with Henderson’s slaughterhouse and if they couldn’t make it work with direct access to cheap meat, I’m not sure if it would be a money spinner now.
I think it was open for lunch as well as evenings til late. The club was a lot busier then and the takeaway regularly got a few quid from me and others on our way home.
In saying that school kids probably eat more takeaways now than back then, so it might be viable during term time. 
The kids are queued out the paper shop on Preston Road at lunchtime as they sell hot rolls etc.

The 1st solution would being able to get something to eat pre match or halftime.

St Andrews you can get a bar lunch pre match.

The real problem is the refusal to change from the past. If you don't innovate you won't survive/thrive long-term.

The BC continues to innovate and are thriving whilst others around fail.

Mind your tray....!!!

They're only queued out Alexander's because the shop will only allow 2 of then inside at a time, it's not actually a massive number of customers - it certainly wasn't when I was at school a few years ago.

Even then I'm not convinced trying to build a business model around half an hour's worth of trade 5 days a week is going to come out as all that viable, before you even get into the ethics of more or less explicitly setting out to profit from selling junk food to children.
Fan of veggie burgers found [emoji23]

On 30/11/2018 at 08:26, FuzzyBear said:

More nonsense from the slavering buffoon.

Jim Sinnet will have no knowledge of our finances and the Rose did not call on Hibs - they asked us for the game.

mr luthgy kiddin on he knows all but goes to watch Hamilton more than the wee rose. folk talk to sinnett. sinnett talks to folk. Skint!:lol:

3 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

They're only queued out Alexander's because the shop will only allow 2 of then inside at a time, it's not actually a massive number of customers - it certainly wasn't when I was at school a few years ago.

Even then I'm not convinced trying to build a business model around half an hour's worth of trade 5 days a week is going to come out as all that viable, before you even get into the ethics of more or less explicitly setting out to profit from selling junk food to children.

...and the 14 or so weeks per year that they wont actually be in school.

Edited by drs