Linlithgow Rose 18/19

The bottle smashing was maybe 6-7 years ago, it happened near the gate at the Academy end in the middle of a running skirmish. I saw it from the stand. There were police at that match and they just stood and watched, though the police van came round that side of the ground shortly after. This was at a time when there was regular disorder at the derby games, thankfully that seems to have passed. To be totally honest I can't remember now why I thought it was a Bo'nesser getting bottled, maybe it was the way the groups were moving and clustering, but that was definitely my impression at the time.

You’re spot on Gordon. What happened was that easily the biggest dickhead the town of Linlithgow has ever produced (who was probably early 30’s at the time), decided to smash a bottle over a 17 year olds head. Said 17 year old then proceeded to punch f**k out of Linlithgow’s then, and probably still, chief dickhead. Then the police decided to wake up.

6 hours ago, GordonS said:
9 hours ago, HibeeJibee said:
Would this qualify as a local derby of sorts? Linlithgow to Falkirk isn't far.

Should get a good crowd.

Dunno what others think but I've never regarded Camelon as a derby, so probably not. Very appealing tie nonetheless.

Camelon vs linlithgow is a sort of Derby probably since Bonnybridge folded we haven't had onenough.  Although a new derby on Wednesday with Dunipace. 

Boness is falkirk and that's a derby. Falkirk and dunfermline are seen as derby and that's a lot further

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:
11 hours ago, GordonS said:
Dunno what others think but I've never regarded Camelon as a derby, so probably not. Very appealing tie nonetheless.

Might be wrong.but I think hibeejibee is referring to shire v rose.

I think Gordon meant he hasnt considered Camelon a derby for the Rose so wouldn't consider Shire a derby match for the rose

It was just going of on a tangent lol.rose,Camelon,boness,bonnyriggs ,dunipace [emoji23] the guy asked about the shire v rose.
Sure, but why would we regard Shire as a derby if we don't regard Camelon as one?

It's maybe different for Camelon because they haven't had so many local rivals. We've got Bo'ness, Bathgate, Armadale, Whitburn and to a lesser extent Broxburn that I'd regard as more derby-like than a team from Falkirk. Just my perspective though.

(I know Bo'ness are in Falkirk Council but that's just diddy modern boundaries, they're two miles over the hill.)

26 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It's different at higher levels, distances can be further in what's seen as a derby. Ayr and Kilmarnock have a derby but Whitletts and Hurlford don't.

Linlithgow and Falkirk are right next to each other cmon. So are you saying Bo'ness is your derby thats it. No other derby

After Bo'ness the Falkirk Stadium is next nearest to Linlithgow so in theory that could make it a derby but while I am looking forward to the game v the Shire i do not view it as a derby.

Linlithgow v Bo'ness is the local derby and will always be. 

2 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Linlithgow and Falkirk are right next to each other cmon. So are you saying Bo'ness is your derby thats it. No other derby

Pretty much, yeah. And the distance isn't as important as the social/ cultural links - the West Lothian bands play at each others' gala days, the schools are connected, that kind of thing. It's funny, Linlithgow is in Edinburgh's sphere of influence but when I lived in Bo'ness for 4 years (the horror) there were definitely more links with Falkirk. I'm in Edinburgh, Bathgate and Livingston an awful lot more than I'm in Falkirk - the only time I go there is for the cinema.

Derbys usually have become big over time. If Linlithgow go up to the LL and play Shire on a regular basis for many years to come, there is always a chance that they might end up seeing each other as rivals and their games as derbies. You can't expect that to immediately be the case in their first meeting after Linlithgow Rose went senior.

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Pretty much, yeah. And the distance isn't as important as the social/ cultural links - the West Lothian bands play at each others' gala days, the schools are connected, that kind of thing. It's funny, Linlithgow is in Edinburgh's sphere of influence but when I lived in Bo'ness for 4 years (the horror) there were definitely more links with Falkirk. I'm in Edinburgh, Bathgate and Livingston an awful lot more than I'm in Falkirk - the only time I go there is for the cinema.

Why don't you go to view cinema in livi surely cheaper than cineworld.  I get cheap tickets for cineworld through work so it's worth it for me.

41 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Why don't you go to view cinema in livi surely cheaper than cineworld.  I get cheap tickets for cineworld through work so it's worth it for me.

Or he could go to his local cinema, the Hippodrome in Bo'ness ( cheaper and better atmosphere )

I'm pretty sure Cineworld is cheaper, especially with one of the membership thingies. And I sometimes go by train, which is really handy for Falkirk. But I hate that retail park. I hate the centre of Livi too, mind you.

Hippodrome in Bo'ness is fantastic, we go there sometimes but it's not the best for a banging blockbuster. I'm just back from seeing First Man at the Imax in Glasgow as it happens, really good film and worth seeing on a screen the size of Montana for the [spoiler alert] bit when they make it to the moon.