Sign in to follow this  
grinderbrokeyourhearts

Linlithgow Rose 18/19

17 minutes ago, Specky said:

Apparently the shout was more for it being hand ball as well as/more than offside but speaking to those who were closer they think it was both.

Not sure Bonnyrigg were the better team if or by much, we had just as many good chances but need to pull the trigger a little quicker.

8ball, if you thought that was a fantastic performance then I pity your opinions.

Nothing really between the teams.

If nothing else it should make for a good competitive league next season.

Blame the ref lol 

1 minute ago, Sheep77 said:

Blame the ref lol 

"if we've been defeated, its because we've been cheated."

Linlithgow Rose motto 1898-2019

Him as well, but its the assistant who flags for those offences big yin.

Pretty poor game won by the better team. I didnt have a great angle but certainly a hint of offside about the winner.

McKinlay getting sent off for dissent is ridiculous.
McKinley is a clown of a man. If he was half as good as he thinks he is we'd have some player. Spends too much time blaming others and shouting at refs when he should be taking responsibility.

Both teams were pretty poor only in patches did either team show any ability. Stand out player on the park was Bonnyrigg no 10, Alan Horne? Classy.

Thought Bonnyrigg 10 was best player also, very comfortable on the ball but perhaps we allowed him too much time to pick out passes and look good, but he was better than anyone else from either side.

40 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Pretty poor game won by the better team. I didnt have a great angle but certainly a hint of offside about the winner.

McKinlay getting sent off for dissent is ridiculous.

It was a curious one. I'm not sure what the free kick was for, from the place it was taken. I didn't see any foul and the only thing that happened was the dissent. I thought he'd restart with a drop ball.

How many seasons is that Bradley hasn’t delivered a trophy 

But they’ve got their own ground licensed ground and floodlights!

And not a bit of silverware to show for it.

8ball, if you thought that was a fantastic performance then I pity your opinions.

It was an outstanding, dominant performance by Bonnyrigg.

Oh dear we have a serious case of inferiority complex on show.

Stick your fishing rod away and save your money to rent out the plastic falkirk and district council pitch assuming the juniors don't get first dibs on renting the Saturday slot.

McKinley is a clown of a man. If he was half as good as he thinks he is we'd have some player. Spends too much time blaming others and shouting at refs when he should be taking responsibility.

Both teams were pretty poor only in patches did either team show any ability. Stand out player on the park was Bonnyrigg no 10, Alan Horne? Classy.

Alan Horne was the Bonnyrigg 10, and indeed a classy player. His close control and touch was immense and looked comfortable switching play with either foot.

McKinley getting a red card for mouthing really is utter stupidity, especially after Ruari had already been sent off. Bit of a shame for his partner in defence too, as I thought Gary Thom was superb tonight.

And that might be the first and only time I'll agree with you.

Gary won everything tonight.

Alan Horne was the Bonnyrigg 10, and indeed a classy player. His close control and touch was immense and looked comfortable switching play with either foot.

McKinley getting a red card for mouthing really is utter stupidity, especially after Ruari had already been sent off. Bit of a shame for his partner in defence too, as I thought Gary Thom was superb tonight.
I predicted early doors that McKinley would get sent off - everytime he loses the ball he pretends he's injured. If he does somehow manage not to give the ball away he will proceed to lambast anything that moves...

Fair amount of heids gone around here about £1...

I've been saying all season that McKinlay's an awful defender, but I can't just blame him. Surely he's not actually allowed to wander all over the left side any time he likes, leaving Thom one-on-one? There's something really wrong there but it's hard to know what without knowing what instructions the pair of them are given. A weak central defence has been the core of all our problems this season. Tonight was one of their better nights because Thom played well, the keeper made a few good saves and Bonnyrigg didn't turn promising opportunities into goals. 

Four at home to Dunbar, four at Beith, five at East Stirling, three at Preston, four at Broxburn, three at home to Ormiston, two at home to Jeanfield in a match we dominated, three at Penicuik and three at Musselburgh. In among that there are really poor goals conceded to teams like Stirling Uni EOS and Inverkeithing.

We're not going to win the EoS or do anything in the cups next season with that defence, simple as that.

Does anyone no what players are out of contract and who are re signing for next season etc?

Our pre-season fixtures line up is now complete and we've got some very interesting matches:

Sat 29 June - Clyde (h)

Sat 6 July - Annan Athletic (h)

Sat 13 July - Kilbirnie Ladeside (h)

Sat 20 July - Pollok (a)

Wed 24 July - Hibernian XI (h)

On 30/05/2019 at 12:47, baker2 said:

Does anyone no what players are out of contract and who are re signing for next season etc?

Announcements will be made in the coming week.

42 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Our pre-season fixtures line up is now complete and we've got some very interesting matches:

Sat 29 June - Clyde (h)

Sat 20 July - Pollok (a)

A very good set of fixtures to get everyone ready for a  competitive season ahead.

We will hopefully be getting a few more big names throughout the course of the season to attend Prestonfield.

Already looking like we will be the team to beat.

8 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Sat 29 June - Clyde (h)

Sat 20 July - Pollok (a)

Looks like a good set of fixtures, i'm  confident we will have a good season.

Cracking set of fixtures!! Regarding being the team to beat will determine on what players are brought in!

53 minutes ago, baker2 said:

Cracking set of fixtures!! Regarding being the team to beat will determine on what players are brought in!emoji106.png

Your midfield is ok but ageing. See how allum works with coyne. Centre half's needed.