Linlithgow Rose 18/19

McKinley is a clown of a man. If he was half as good as he thinks he is we'd have some player. Spends too much time blaming others and shouting at refs when he should be taking responsibility.

Both teams were pretty poor only in patches did either team show any ability. Stand out player on the park was Bonnyrigg no 10, Alan Horne? Classy.

Alan Horne was the Bonnyrigg 10, and indeed a classy player. His close control and touch was immense and looked comfortable switching play with either foot.

McKinley getting a red card for mouthing really is utter stupidity, especially after Ruari had already been sent off. Bit of a shame for his partner in defence too, as I thought Gary Thom was superb tonight.

Alan Horne was the Bonnyrigg 10, and indeed a classy player. His close control and touch was immense and looked comfortable switching play with either foot.

McKinley getting a red card for mouthing really is utter stupidity, especially after Ruari had already been sent off. Bit of a shame for his partner in defence too, as I thought Gary Thom was superb tonight.
I predicted early doors that McKinley would get sent off - everytime he loses the ball he pretends he's injured. If he does somehow manage not to give the ball away he will proceed to lambast anything that moves...

Fair amount of heids gone around here about £1...

I've been saying all season that McKinlay's an awful defender, but I can't just blame him. Surely he's not actually allowed to wander all over the left side any time he likes, leaving Thom one-on-one? There's something really wrong there but it's hard to know what without knowing what instructions the pair of them are given. A weak central defence has been the core of all our problems this season. Tonight was one of their better nights because Thom played well, the keeper made a few good saves and Bonnyrigg didn't turn promising opportunities into goals. 

Four at home to Dunbar, four at Beith, five at East Stirling, three at Preston, four at Broxburn, three at home to Ormiston, two at home to Jeanfield in a match we dominated, three at Penicuik and three at Musselburgh. In among that there are really poor goals conceded to teams like Stirling Uni EOS and Inverkeithing.

We're not going to win the EoS or do anything in the cups next season with that defence, simple as that.

Our pre-season fixtures line up is now complete and we've got some very interesting matches:

Sat 29 June - Clyde (h)

Sat 6 July - Annan Athletic (h)

Sat 13 July - Kilbirnie Ladeside (h)

Sat 20 July - Pollok (a)

Wed 24 July - Hibernian XI (h)

8 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Our pre-season fixtures line up is now complete and we've got some very interesting matches:

Sat 29 June - Clyde (h)

Sat 6 July - Annan Athletic (h)

Sat 13 July - Kilbirnie Ladeside (h)

Sat 20 July - Pollok (a)

Wed 24 July - Hibernian XI (h)

Looks like a good set of fixtures, i'm  confident we will have a good season.

1 hour ago, baker2 said:

Definitely need centre half’s Alan!! And some fresh legs in the team!emoji106.pngemoji106.png

That's why we had such a massive improvement this year we got young players in. We had 5 players over 24 in the squad. The young guys are a year older now and retained a core. We have only lost kieran  anderson everyone else has resigned. You need experience but you need legs much like the guys u have left were 5-6 yrs ago

6 hours ago, paul999 said:

Looks like a good set of fixtures, i'm  confident we will have a good season.

Not a dig but I remember the Scotland team under Berti Vogts played bigger sides and look how they ended up.

2 hours ago, leftbehind said:

Your no 4 certainly shone on Wednesday night. Quality. Don't know if he is one of the*Ageing players* being reffered too by your supporting posters.   Re-furbished lights look the part, money well spent for the future.

You mean linlithgowsupporters 

On 01/06/2019 at 12:52, Jambo'ness said:

Not a dig but I remember the Scotland team under Berti Vogts played bigger sides and look how they ended up.

100% nothing to do with our set up! Looking forward to the season ahead.