• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Not everyone at Linlithgow has embraced the move and some may be sympathetic to the viewpoint above.  The biggest problem that I see is the uncertainty/lack of information and this plays into the hands of the doubters.  (The vote to move EoS was won but not the Hearts and Minds of many)

Next season the following scenarios are all being talked about as possibilities (informed by limited knowledge and mis or lack of clear information)

1.  Move as Champions to LL

2.  Move to LL because we have a licence and Bonnyrigg don't

3. Move to LL on application because we have a licence and there is an empty space

4. Move to LL 2 because we have a licence

5.  EoS Premier League - almost the old Super League

6. Return junior - that's where we should be anyways..!

I appreciate quite a few of the above can be quickly dispelled - but not everybody has the same level of information/knowledge and to many all of the above are options.  This uncertaintly only fuels the doubters more.

Well 1 and 5 can happen,  2 and 3 might happen depending on circumstances but wont if a Licenced club wins the EoS, bottom club is now Selkirk not 15th (ie Whitehill) and I'm guessing 6 doesn't have any chance of happening!

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well 1 and 5 can happen,  2 and 3 might happen depending on circumstances but wont if a Licenced club wins the EoS, bottom club is now Selkirk not 15th (ie Whitehill) and I'm guessing 6 doesn't have any chance of happening!

Uncertainty is not appeasing the doubters -  short of option 6 (which won't happen) not sure what would appease them.

26 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Uncertainty is not appeasing the doubters -  short of option 6 (which won't happen) not sure what would appease them.

Isn't there uncertainty in football anyway, will we go up, will we get relegated, can we  make the top 5 etc etc.

Win the EoS and there's no uncertainty, otherwise you try again next season from the EoS Premier.  If there's an opportunity to apply for a LL place then great.

Edited by Burnie_man

59 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Isn't there uncertainty in football anyway, will we go up, will we get relegated, can we  make the top 5 etc etc.

Win the EoS and there's no uncertainty, otherwise you try again next season from the EoS Premier.  If there's an opportunity to apply for a LL place then great.

Who are the licenced clubs bar Linlithgow ?

6 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

We'll know that by the end of this week.  Licence Committee meet tomorrow, SFA Board on Thursday.

7 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Current clubs are  Hawick RA , Burntisland Shipyard, Coldstream, Preston Athletic and Lothian Thistle Hutcheson Vale.

50 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We'll know that by the end of this week.  Licence Committee meet tomorrow, SFA Board on Thursday.

Does it matter which grade it is,to be accepted to LL.bronze, silver etc.

Nope, entry level is sufficient upto SPFL

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I'm not about to get stressed trying to appease the option 6 crew. They can either support the club or not - entirely up to them. 

In fact, I'm paying no more attention to stuff that needs "appeased". Either get behind the team or do something else with your time. The club is in the pyramid, it will go as far as the people who support it want it to go. 

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

I've seen it said that the higher level award you have entitles you to a higher pay out from the SFA.

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Is option 6 what you;d want

3 hours ago, HTG said:

I'm not about to get stressed trying to appease the option 6 crew. They can either support the club or not - entirely up to them. 

In fact, I'm paying no more attention to stuff that needs "appeased". Either get behind the team or do something else with your time. The club is in the pyramid, it will go as far as the people who support it want it to go. 

Understand  your feelings around this - you sold a vision which the majority rightly supported.  There are some you will never appease - but don't tarnish all the doubters with the same brush.   

52 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Is option 6 what you;d want

No -  option 6 would never be an option for me.   

Personally I'm against the pyramid - that's my viewpoint and I doubt if I will ever change that view.  

But when we had our opportunity to vote - I voted to move to the EoS as despite my own views - I voted on facts and the best way forward for Linlithgow Rose.  We now have a committee who I believe are the best people to take the club forwards and will make it a success.

Personally I'm against the pyramid - that's my viewpoint and I doubt if I will ever change that view.  

What? Are you saying you’d rather Linlithgow had remained Juniors, and even now that the East Juniors has been decimated?

There’s no chance a would want to go back junior! Why the feck would that be an option???

What? Are you saying you’d rather Linlithgow had remained Juniors, and even now that the East Juniors has been decimated?
No.

I'm not a pyramid fan never have been (that's a personal view). That doesn't mean I'm against change either.

Faced with a choice I voted for what was best for the club and a move to EoS.

My personal view isn't as important as the future of the club and that's where we are now.

I still regularly support the club both in attendance and financially.

Maybe once things settle down and become more established I will warm to the concept. I will certainly give it that chance.

If the Rose went back Junior it would be an appalling move.

No.

I'm not a pyramid fan never have been (that's a personal view). That doesn't mean I'm against change either.

Faced with a choice I voted for what was best for the club and a move to EoS.

My personal view isn't as important as the future of the club and that's where we are now.

I still regularly support the club both in attendance and financially.

Maybe once things settle down and become more established I will warm to the concept. I will certainly give it that chance.

Fair doos. Wasn’t sure how to take your previous post as there’s no alternatives; it’s either EOS or Juniors.

The EOS premier league will be a belter next season.  All regrets will vanish then.

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I'm not a pyramid fan never have been (that's a personal view).

Can you tell us what this statement actually means?

You don't want clubs to be able to gain promotion or be relegated?

You don't want clubs to have a chance to break into the SPFL or be relegated if they're not good enough?

You want two separate leagues systems in the east meaning seniors and juniors can't play each other?