Linlithgow Rose 18/19

I don't think I've ever seen a wheelchair in the ground. I've seen a mobility scooter but I'm not sure one would fit in that shelter, would it?

Hopefully word will spread and it'll encourage new folk to come along. It's certainly the best facility of its type I've seen in non-league.

8 hours ago, Skipper said:

When were they? I ve hardly missed a big game at Prestonfield since 1969 and dont recall a bigger crowd than the 2200 at the Raith Rovers match. Closest was probably Cumnock in 1989.

Could be my Rose tinted 'Isa' glasses slipping out as you have a couple of additional years experience on me. I'll ask those who might have knowledge of actual figures at agm later. 

On 23/06/2018 at 21:07, GordonS said:

This is how message boards always end up rubbish. 

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

So f**k those that it does matter to?

Away and eat shite.

Touche old bean.  

Maybe got a bit off topic there but underneath all the chat GordonS may raise a point.

Parents are pretty much governed by what their kids want to do so it's not ridiculous to leave the top grass or even make a small playpark there.

I don't thibk I've ever been to a game where there haven't been kids up on the bank and I'd suggest we consider that ten kids not watching the game = 10 adults paying in and buying pies and juice etc.

Totally agree the bank needs concreted but it's not a daft comment to think about what it eliminates.

14 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Maybe got a bit off topic there but underneath all the chat GordonS may raise a point.

Parents are pretty much governed by what their kids want to do so it's not ridiculous to leave the top grass or even make a small playpark there.

I don't thibk I've ever been to a game where there haven't been kids up on the bank and I'd suggest we consider that ten kids not watching the game = 10 adults paying in and buying pies and juice etc.

Totally agree the bank needs concreted but it's not a daft comment to think about what it eliminates.

I don't think it's daft either.  It may be perfectly feasible to leave some of the grass - see behind the goals at Camelon. Depends how much space you've got if you go the whole hog and put cover up. 

To be clear, there's nothing imminent. I know this was discussed 2 or 3 years back but nothing came of that.

14 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Well done to the committee for providing a new facility to ensure disabled supporters are well looked after.

Fantastic effort.FB_IMG_1529866423981.jpgFB_IMG_1529866415590.jpg

That’s cracking. Well done Lithgy.

Moving to the EoS has provided lots of opportunities to the club in how they evolve for the future.

Our park is without doubt up there with anyone in the EoS.

However there is areas where we don't compare as well. Developing our relationship with the community club could provide exciting opportunities for their U20's and potential pathway for players.

23 hours ago, Skipper said:

When were they? I ve hardly missed a big game at Prestonfield since 1969 and dont recall a bigger crowd than the 2200 at the Raith Rovers match. Closest was probably Cumnock in 1989.

As you thought Skipper, I got it wrong, DR confirmed Raith Rovers was biggest Prestonfield attendance that I could have been at 

However before our time (possibly 1966) there was a crowd in region of 3500 v Petershill, and in cup winning 64/65 season there was another large but smaller crowd v I’m sure he said KRR.

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

Wasnt there.but all went well.we have a new president and secretary and members of the committee.season ticket prices same as last season.?.

Good to see the make up of the new committee with some good new faces as well.

J.Mahoney - President

J. Binnie  - Vice President

D. McIlhane - Treasurer

Secretary to be confirmed.

3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Good to see the make up of the new committee with some good new faces as well.

J.Mahoney - President

J. Binnie  - Vice President

D. McIlhane - Treasurer

Secretary to be confirmed.

M. Brown  ??

On ‎23‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 22:55, HTG said:

Our capacity takes no account of areas which are not terraced. Were we able to do so, we wouldn't have an all ticket match next weekend. I wouldn't argue with the approach - it's perfectly reasonable. 

Interesting. So in the fullness of time when terracing is added from the edge of the stand round to the school end gates (with or without cover) we should receive an increased capacity to around 4k ?

Will be perfect for when we play in the Championship.

23 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Interesting. So in the fullness of time when terracing is added from the edge of the stand round to the school end gates (with or without cover) we should receive an increased capacity to around 4k ?

Will be perfect for when we play in the Championship.

Lol aye.  I think the weans will be fine for a while yet. 

On 25/06/2018 at 10:11, Auld Heid said:

Moving to the EoS has provided lots of opportunities to the club in how they evolve for the future.

Our park is without doubt up there with anyone in the EoS.

However there is areas where we don't compare as well. Developing our relationship with the community club could provide exciting opportunities for their U20's and potential pathway for players.

Why is that with community club