Linlithgow Rose 18/19

The kind of standards of lower down the pyramid. Next season will see a return to more competitive games. The guys did well today - you can only beat what’s in front of you. 
Totally agree.

Someone next to me described it as the longest pre-season ever.

It's certainly hard to get motivated to go and watch.

11 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Maybe if you embraced it rather than huffing and puffing and got knocked out of every cup early it might be different. The ones that are doing better are those that have embraced it

and got through two cups on a technicallity.just saying lol

38 minutes ago, PatP said:

The kind of standards of lower down the pyramid. Next season will see a return to more competitive games. The guys did well today - you can only beat what’s in front of you. 

i wasnt going on about the standards in play.it was the guy coming round with the bucket i was referring too.not seen that in a few years.

2 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
18 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:
Arrogant as f**k 

If he thinks its hard to get motivated to watch a team like that he should try watching a Canning inspired Accies team.

Thought yous were poor on wed night 

41 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Arrogant as f**k 

Imagine a season ticket holder at Ibrox being an arrogant f**k. Shockeroonie! Wee Rose fans, and the part timers who only turn up when their real team aren't playing at Ibrox, have this terrible sense of entitlement that certainly hasn't been drawn from on the picth performances in the league over the last decade or so. They are absolutely howling at being the Wee Rose and seeing clubs like Kelty and Bonnyrigg easily outperform them both on and off the pitch.

Edited by drs

Amateur set up? 

Yeah can see what you mean there but only a few seasons ago there were other teams in the EoS operating in similar ways. Hardly any had turnstiles. Another way I see 'amateur' yes, the players at the university are playing for the 'second' team and they are registered as amateur, in fact these lads actually pay to play, not funded by the university. 

No turnstiles, no seats, not the best of facilities for refreshments, no league rules broken. 
As to the man with the bucket, I BET NOT ONE LINLITHGOW SUPPORTER PUT IN A £6 DONATION. 
Actually I did!

Amateur set up? 
Yeah can see what you mean there but only a few seasons ago there were other teams in the EoS operating in similar ways. Hardly any had turnstiles. Another way I see 'amateur' yes, the players at the university are playing for the 'second' team and they are registered as amateur, in fact these lads actually pay to play, not funded by the university. 
I'm not knocking these guys as I understand they stepped in when the league nearly folded.

In the long run though they will probably return amateur.

4 minutes ago, Specky said:
25 minutes ago, Raydale Grannie said:
No turnstiles, no seats, not the best of facilities for refreshments, no league rules broken. 
As to the man with the bucket, I BET NOT ONE LINLITHGOW SUPPORTER PUT IN A £6 DONATION. 

Actually I did!

No you didn’t ya tight arse 

I did.

It's certainly not arrogance from many rose fans. I for one played for strollers second string for a few years and like uni paid for the privilege so I will never knock those lads.

They ran their legs off and didn't stop , but were outplayed by a better team. It could (should) have been more but also could have been closer???

Big games now for us will be the swifts.