Linlithgow Rose 18/19

36 minutes ago, HTG said:

Gordon, I speak to dozens and dozens of people at Linlithgow week in and week out. What suits you and some others doesn't necessarily suit a lot of other people. You talk about "bigger" games.  At the moment it's far from straightforward to implement segregation at Linlithgow.  It can be done but only with risk. It would be far easier with 4 sides properly finished. 

I've seen you make the same point dozens of times about what the Rose are and what they are not. Nothing stands still. Some will come in, some will move on. Circle of life. And I've already seen us having to deal with the impacts of that banking in a major Scottish Cup tie - I wouldn't like to see it twice. 

Why are you talking about segregation? 

FWIW, most fans don't go on the bus or hang about in the social club - I've never done either - so don't assume you know what they want more than I do. Yes, people want different things. One end of the ground is grass, so leave that for those who want that.

I kind of get the feeling you're looking for an argument and will just keep shifting around to find something you can bet me with, so I'll stop now. This is how message boards always end up rubbish. 

13 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Why are you talking about segregation? 

FWIW, most fans don't go on the bus or hang about in the social club - I've never done either - so don't assume you know what they want more than I do. Yes, people want different things. One end of the ground is grass, so leave that for those who want that.

I kind of get the feeling you're looking for an argument and will just keep shifting around to find something you can bet me with, so I'll stop now. This is how message boards always end up rubbish. 

Ffs - I'm doing nothing of the sort. I'm setting out in a perfectly civil way that there are different perspectives.

You brought up the challenges for us of managing bigger games than Hibs. One of those challenges is segregation when or if games need them. We've been segregated at Bo'ness for years. There is no real need now but there was in the recent past. We could easily draw a Scottish Cup tie which needs segregation of the crowd.

What I'm trying to point out - perfectly politely - is that you may have a view on what is right or wrong for the Rose. It does not follow that you are in fact right in your assertion. I completely understand the value of the banking. I've also seen what happens when someone falls heavily as a result of difficult conditions. It caused the individual to be off their work for 5 months.  

I therefore choose to disagree with you on the long term future of grass that isn't on the pitch. 

Don't have a particular attachment to the banking, but don't see any real need to change it. Surely if we drew any club bigger than Forfar in the cup we would just switch the venue like Bonnyrigg did vs Hearts? Seems unnecessary to do a big piece of work to the ground for the sake of increasing the capacity by a few hundred for games that we'll have every few seasons.
I don't think it's an imminent change - more the next logical ground improvement.

Don't have a particular attachment to the banking, but don't see any real need to change it. Surely if we drew any club bigger than Forfar in the cup we would just switch the venue like Bonnyrigg did vs Hearts? Seems unnecessary to do a big piece of work to the ground for the sake of increasing the capacity by a few hundred for games that we'll have every few seasons.
I believe that option will be removed from next season for licenced clubs. That's part of the reason for Kelty's ground improvements.

SFA are now heavily clamping-down on clubs moving grounds in the wake of Albion Rovers moving ties several times, Bonnyrigg, and so forth. Moving to make more money won't be allowed.

Some councils - who issue safety certificates - are apparently limiting the capacities of all grass banks, or those without concrete steps at bottom , to 2 people deep; or 50%; or other formula.

Whitehill's capacity used to be 4,000 but is now 2,600 which might be due to this. Edinburgh City can't use Spartans grass banks at all in SPFL2.

Certainly sensible for clubs with big crowd potential/limited capacities to think about looking forward.

37 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

As long as you can fizz a penalty straight doon GordonS’s gullet!

Fucking hell Gordon! emoji33.png

YOUR

TEAM

HAVE

A

HOME

MATCH

V

HIBS

FOR

£6!!!

Jesus Christ.

You can't calmly raise a mild quibble on the internet without a ton of folk dropping a brick.

28 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

SFA are now heavily clamping-down on clubs moving grounds in the wake of Albion Rovers moving ties several times, Bonnyrigg, and so forth. Moving to make more money won't be allowed.

Some councils - who issue safety certificates - are apparently limiting the capacities of all grass banks, or those without concrete steps at bottom , to 2 people deep; or 50%; or other formula.

Whitehill's capacity used to be 4,000 but is now 2,600 which might be due to this. Edinburgh City can't use Spartans grass banks at all in SPFL2.

Certainly sensible for clubs with big crowd potential/limited capacities to think about looking forward.

Our capacity takes no account of areas which are not terraced. Were we able to do so, we wouldn't have an all ticket match next weekend. I wouldn't argue with the approach - it's perfectly reasonable. 

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Jesus Christ.

You can't calmly raise a mild quibble on the internet without a ton of folk dropping a brick.

Doesn't help when you are talking pish. The club has joined the EOS. You only agreed on the basis that other big teams joined up in advance of the Rose. Things are moving on; would be helpful if you stopped whining about grass bankings  being retained. FFS, we have left the juniors. 

Kids knocking about a ball behind the goals means SFA to most fans.

Agreed, would get rid of the grass banking tomorrow if we could. Look forward to the day the area is terraced and covered. Replacement cover to the main terracing also and the ground will be the best non league in the country.

I remember a few years back at Firhill, Partick played Dundee in consecutive weeks, once in the league and once in the cup and in the league match the grass banking was closed but in the cup game it was open.  Something to do with Premier League and SFA having different rules.  Of course, Health and Safety rules might have changed since then.

Image result for firhill east terracing

13 hours ago, HTG said:

Our capacity takes no account of areas which are not terraced. Were we able to do so, we wouldn't have an all ticket match next weekend. I wouldn't argue with the approach - it's perfectly reasonable. 

The Safety at Sports Ground Green Guide is complicated and doesn't lend itself well to working out ground capacity at lower league level.  It's great for large stadiums which are normally all seated or have safe terracing. 

I have been at many games at Prestonfield where the current permitted "safe capacity" has been well exceeded (probably doubled) without any issues, but unfortunately the guide is now what we have to comply with. 

If anything I think installing concrete  terracing from the dug-out to corner flag  is the way to go but not sure if financially viable so to gain maybe another 200 on the capacity.

I also had my time of pretending to be Davie Blakie on the grass banking with my son following suit as TC or Stevie Manson a good few years later. 

Lets all get fully behind our great club, do as much as we can and let's see what the next few years brings. 

9 hours ago, Karl Berg said:

I have been at many games at Prestonfield where the current permitted "safe capacity" has been well exceeded (probably doubled) without any issues, but unfortunately the guide is now what we have to comply with.

When were they? I ve hardly missed a big game at Prestonfield since 1969 and dont recall a bigger crowd than the 2200 at the Raith Rovers match. Closest was probably Cumnock in 1989.