Linlithgow Rose 18/19

Dreadful stuff from the Rose. Fair enough we were missing players but everyone on the park has played football before so they should know the basics - that wasn't apparent tonight.
We had 2 natural wide players who were forever coming inside making things too narrow. Where was Urquhart supposed to be playing before he moved to centre half cause I've no idea?

We didn't create a single chance in 90minutes.

TC can't play as a lone striker. He looked a lonely figure at times tonight.

When McKinley went off injured at 1-0 down we could have gambled with 3 at the back. Instead we moved Urquhart back at a time we were looking to get a goal.

Holidays/injuries had as 5 players missing of which 4 were defenders.

If I've got this right...

If we win by more than two goals tomorrow, we're through. It would even be enough for first place if Crossgates and Sauchie draw, in which case Penicuik would go out.

If we lose, draw, or win by one goal, we're out.

If we win by two goals, we need to score at least three or we're out, the other game needs to finish a draw, and even then we're dependent on the score.

Anyone know what happens if two teams finish with exactly the same record? If it's down to head-to-head, then obviously being level with Crossgates wouldn't be enough.

So we need three goals.

If we do go through we'd play Haddington or Dalkeith in the next round.

We have only had about 3 shots on target in total in the last two games! So to score 3 today could be a tall order! A hope we can but am no feeling to optimistic especially against a team we have struggled against lately! Here’s hoping though! A just hope the performance is a lot better because the last two games remembered me off the mglynn days and that’s worrying! HTG!

6 hours ago, GordonS said:

If I've got this right...

If we win by more than two goals tomorrow, we're through. It would even be enough for first place if Crossgates and Sauchie draw, in which case Penicuik would go out.

If we lose, draw, or win by one goal, we're out.

If we win by two goals, we need to score at least three or we're out, the other game needs to finish a draw, and even then we're dependent on the score.

Anyone know what happens if two teams finish with exactly the same record? If it's down to head-to-head, then obviously being level with Crossgates wouldn't be enough.

So we need three goals.

If we do go through we'd play Haddington or Dalkeith in the next round.

IMG_20180804_081606.png

Where's Leiper? I'm not a fan of that centre half pairing at all.

Terrible shortage of players getting forward, with Ruari, Bathcy and Smith not getting close enough to TC and the full backs crossing from too deep. Perfect example was Smith making a break on the left with less than 10 minutes to go, but only TC in the box and nobody else within 20 yards.

Lots of possession and control in the middle of the park, but that'll count for little with a questionable central defence and a sole isolated striker. 

Where's Leiper? I'm not a fan of that centre half pairing at all.
Terrible shortage of players getting forward, with Ruari, Bathcy and Smith not getting close enough to TC and the full backs crossing from too deep. Perfect example was Smith making a break on the left with less than 10 minutes to go, but only TC in the box and nobody else within 20 yards.
Lots of possession and control in the middle of the park, but that'll count for little with a questionable central defence and a sole isolated striker. 
Leiper has a long term injury.

Whelan has picked up an injury in nearly every game he has played and out for a while

Gray?

Roddy?

Coco?

Thom - holiday

Turnbull?

Early doors but early have not been encouraging. No available subs today.

Players basically filled jerseys today.
Someone was filming from close to his spot, so fingers crossed.
Penicuik filming not Linlithgow.

57 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Leiper has a long term injury.

Whelan has picked up an injury in nearly every game he has played and out for a while

Gray?

Roddy?

Coco?

Thom - holiday

Turnbull?

Early doors but early have not been encouraging. No available subs today.

Players basically filled jerseys today.
Penicuik filming not Linlithgow.

Worrying that the squad is so threadbare at this point. Fingers crossed everyone who is fit is back for next week. Gary Thom would have helped today.

Still, a lot to be positive about too in that Rose were determined to play good, front-foot football on the deck with confidence on the ball, and for the most part it was working.

40 minutes ago, Blue White Dynamite said:

That was me, I’m Penicuik. Sad to see Ben go, he did a great job.

Thanks, let us know where your highlights are up :thumsup2