Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Uncle herby said:

You the pie and bovril police, f**k me man, boys are clearly having a laugh, wind your neck in!!! 

Oh dear :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Aye, they are the Mike and Bernie winters of the Rose thread.


I quite liked them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any dreamers out there? There are 2,700 clubs in the Dutch football pyramid. That would equate to about 700 here. They typically each have a grass pitch, an artificial pitch and fixed assets worth 2-3 million Euros. They employ at least one UEFA licensed coach to take their male and female age-grade teams. 7% of the population are members of the KNVB, who spend - ready for this? - 1 billion Euros per year on grass-roots football.

Towns like Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bathgate etc are each the perfect size for this model.

And before anyone says the Netherlands are rubbish now, remember that just 4 years ago they were a penalty shoot-out away from back-to-back World Cup finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Any dreamers out there? There are 2,700 clubs in the Dutch football pyramid. That would equate to about 700 here. They typically each have a grass pitch, an artificial pitch and fixed assets worth 2-3 million Euros. They employ at least one UEFA licensed coach to take their male and female age-grade teams. 7% of the population are members of the KNVB, who spend - ready for this? - 1 billion Euros per year on grass-roots football.

Towns like Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bathgate etc are each the perfect size for this model.

And before anyone says the Netherlands are rubbish now, remember that just 4 years ago they were a penalty shoot-out away from back-to-back World Cup finals.

Structure there is quite good, there are major issues in the pyramid system though, at the top of non league as many very conservative clubs don't want to get promoted and refuse to play on Sundays.

However, other than that, Dutch non-league is quite well set up. Each town generally has their own club with a youth set-up, often working together in a regional youth programme. It's a system that seems to work. The likes of Arjen Robben, Dirk Kuijt & Ruud van Nistelrooij came through a local non-league club and such a regional youth set-up, only to be picked up by a professional team fairly late. Coaching is often of a good standard at fairly low level teams as well. There is no reason why Scotland, or even just starting in the east, can learn from this model. Non-league here is generally better supported than over there as well (relative to the size of the country obviously).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, GordonS said:

Any dreamers out there? There are 2,700 clubs in the Dutch football pyramid. That would equate to about 700 here. They typically each have a grass pitch, an artificial pitch and fixed assets worth 2-3 million Euros. They employ at least one UEFA licensed coach to take their male and female age-grade teams. 7% of the population are members of the KNVB, who spend - ready for this? - 1 billion Euros per year on grass-roots football.

Towns like Linlithgow, Bo'ness, Bathgate etc are each the perfect size for this model.

And before anyone says the Netherlands are rubbish now, remember that just 4 years ago they were a penalty shoot-out away from back-to-back World Cup finals.

Taken a couple of youth teams there for Easter tournaments and the set ups are brilliant. I think the main difference is that the local government have to spend around 10% of their budget on sports facilities each year, so there is money available in Holland 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Blowin In the Wind said:

Taken a couple of youth teams there for Easter tournaments and the set ups are brilliant. I think the main difference is that the local government have to spend around 10% of their budget on sports facilities each year, so there is money available in Holland 

Was there 30+ years ago with 2 U/18 teams Bothkenna and a Central Scotland representative side that included Stuart Munro, Johnny Colquhoun and Colin Fowler - brother of ex- Rose player Alan . At that time Dutch were far and away better equipped than we were then and only in the last possibly 10 years have we shown any willingness to improve our methods.

Edited by boheesian

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Was there 30+ years ago with 2 U/18 teams Bothkenna and a Central Scotland representative side that included Stuart Munro, Johnny Colquhoun and Colin Fowler - brother of ex- Rose player Alan . At that time Dutch were far and away better equipped than we were then and only in the last possibly 10 years have we shown any willingness to improve our methods.

Did we not plan to improve with Rinus Michels plan 20 odd years ago.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our Fixtures for the new season as we have them so far with blank weeks for William Hill Scottish FA Cup and progress in other cups
 
 28-Jul-2018 League Cup Crossgates Primrose v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
01-Aug-2018 League Cup Sauchie v Linlithgow Rose 7:30pm
 
04-Aug-2018 League Cup Linlithgow Rose v Penicuik Athletic 2:30pm
 
15-Aug-2018 League Inverkeithing Hillfield Sw. v Linlithgow Rose 7pm*
 
18-Aug-2018 East of Scotland Cup Linlithgow Rose v Dunbar United 2:30pm
 
25-Aug-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Stirling University EOS 2:30pm
 
01-Sep-2018 William Hill Scottish Cup
 
08-Sep-2018 League Camelon v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
15-Sep-2018 South Challenge Cup Linlithgow Rose v Heriot-Watt Uni 2:30pm
 
29-Sep-2018 League Ormiston v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
02-Oct-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Craigroyston 7:30pm
 
06-Oct-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Preston Athletic 2:30pm
 
20-Oct-2018 League Jeanfield Swifts v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
27-Oct-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Blackburn United 2:30pm
 
03-Nov-2018 League Heriot-Watt University v Linlithgow Rose 3pm
 
17-Nov-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Broxburn Athletic 2:30pm
 
08-Dec-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Edinburgh United 2:30pm
 
15-Dec-2018 League St Andrews United v Linlithgow Rose 2pm
 
22-Dec 2018 XMAS BREAK
 
29-Dec 2018 Idle Week
 
05-Jan-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Camelon 2:30pm
 
12-Jan-2019 League Broxburn Athletic v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
19-Jan-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Heriot-Watt University 2:30pm
 
26-Jan-2019 League Stirling University EOS v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
02-Feb-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Inverkeithing Hillfield Sw. 2:30pm
 
09-Feb-2019 League Craigroyston v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
16-Feb-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Ormiston 2:30pm
 
23-Feb-2019 League Edinburgh United v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
02-Mar-2019 King Cup Tweedmouth Rangers v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
30-Mar-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Jeanfield Swifts 8pm

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Our Fixtures for the new season as we have them so far with blank weeks for William Hill Scottish FA Cup and progress in other cups
 
 28-Jul-2018 League Cup Crossgates Primrose v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
01-Aug-2018 League Cup Sauchie v Linlithgow Rose 7:30pm
 
04-Aug-2018 League Cup Linlithgow Rose v Penicuik Athletic 2:30pm
 
15-Aug-2018 League Inverkeithing Hillfield Sw. v Linlithgow Rose 7pm*
 
18-Aug-2018 East of Scotland Cup Linlithgow Rose v Dunbar United 2:30pm
 
25-Aug-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Stirling University EOS 2:30pm
 
01-Sep-2018 William Hill Scottish Cup
 
08-Sep-2018 League Camelon v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
15-Sep-2018 South Challenge Cup Linlithgow Rose v Heriot-Watt Uni 2:30pm
 
29-Sep-2018 League Ormiston v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
02-Oct-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Craigroyston 7:30pm
 
06-Oct-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Preston Athletic 2:30pm
 
20-Oct-2018 League Jeanfield Swifts v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
27-Oct-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Blackburn United 2:30pm
 
03-Nov-2018 League Heriot-Watt University v Linlithgow Rose 3pm
 
17-Nov-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Broxburn Athletic 2:30pm
 
08-Dec-2018 League Linlithgow Rose v Edinburgh United 2:30pm
 
15-Dec-2018 League St Andrews United v Linlithgow Rose 2pm
 
22-Dec 2018 XMAS BREAK
 
29-Dec 2018 Idle Week
 
05-Jan-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Camelon 2:30pm
 
12-Jan-2019 League Broxburn Athletic v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
19-Jan-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Heriot-Watt University 2:30pm
 
26-Jan-2019 League Stirling University EOS v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
02-Feb-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Inverkeithing Hillfield Sw. 2:30pm
 
09-Feb-2019 League Craigroyston v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
16-Feb-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Ormiston 2:30pm
 
23-Feb-2019 League Edinburgh United v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
02-Mar-2019 King Cup Tweedmouth Rangers v Linlithgow Rose 2:30pm
 
30-Mar-2019 League Linlithgow Rose v Jeanfield Swifts 8pm

 

Work of the devil.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FuzzyBear said:

8pm kick off on a Saturday night !!

Ridiculous idea.

saturday night lounge regulars wont be too pleased.committee should be asking it to be moved to the friday night.

Edited by lithgierose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it's the groundhop weekend you're talking about, it can't be moved to Friday, there's already an 8pm kick off that night as part of the groundhop schedule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

If it's the groundhop weekend you're talking about, it can't be moved to Friday, there's already an 8pm kick off that night as part of the groundhop schedule.

Could switch it,no.dunipace dont have a social club who cater for and have done for years.live acts for regulars on a saturday night.afaik.:(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why not arrange, for one night, to hold something for everyone.... Including the bus loads of guys arriving at your ground who will undoubtedly spend more money than it costs to hold one social function? Make the most of more fans through the gates? Surely one night without a function, in 8 months time isn't that bad? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Could switch it,no.dunipace dont have a social club who cater for and have done for years.live acts for regulars on a saturday night.afaik.
It's 8 months away. It's not next weekend. There's plenty of time for the social club to plan for and benefit from it.

I doubt it will impact the club at all given the numbers at Groundhop weekends I've been to before. It's a positive you got a home game first year in, same as us. Make the most of it as it will be a few years before the next home game most likely!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or the club could ask the league to withdraw from it to hold their social function and give someone else an opportunity to enjoy the experience and benefit from new fans at the ground? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×