Linlithgow Rose 18/19

On ‎15‎/‎05‎/‎2019 at 22:46, HibeeJibee said:

Out of interest - when was there last a season without a Linlithgow-Bo'ness derby?

It could only happen in the cups this season and the chances narrowed with Linlithgow finishing bottom of their EOSQL section, getting pasted at home to Dunbar in their first EOS Qualifying Cup tie and Bo'ness exiting the South Challenge Cup at EK in September. This cup has been the "last chance" since then.

Tall order for both to win their QFs on Saturday but eminently possible.

Unlike a certain reply, here is a sensible one.  The only recorded season there has not been a competitive match between the two was 1974/75 with Bo'ness bouncing back to the top division at the end of that season.

Interestingly, there were no matches for 4 seasons after the BU's entered the league, as Linlithgow had neither the finance or fan interest after the war to compete.

Unlike a certain reply, here is a sensible one.  The only recorded season there has not been a competitive match between the two was 1974/75 with Bo'ness bouncing back to the top division at the end of that season.
Interestingly, there were no matches for 4 seasons after the BU's entered the league, as Linlithgow had neither the finance or fan interest after the war to compete.

Much of their support go back to hiding in their bunkers when a couple of results don’t go their way.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Thanks. I'd guessed it was unlikely given there used to be numerous local cups back-in-the-day. So we'll see tomorrow if 2018-19 joins 1974-75.

7 scored and 2 more disallowed for offside and good many more chances missed. A lot could be attributed to Mussy's defence though. It's as though they'd never played together before. 

They scored 3 though and also had 2 chalked off for offside. It's just as well that Musselburgh were generous in defence. 

Good value seeing the ball in the net 14 times in a game! Special word for Ruari with 4.

38 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

7 scored and 2 more disallowed for offside and good many more chances missed. A lot could be attributed to Mussy's defence though. It's as though they'd never played together before. 

They scored 3 though and also had 2 chalked off for offside. It's just as well that Musselburgh were generous in defence. 

Good value seeing the ball in the net 14 times in a game! Special word for Ruari with 4.

Although the Rose won by 4 goals, I don’t think the match was a comfortable as the score suggests. 

Sometimes there are small margins in football! Burgh Shoot and ball just goes wide. Linlithgow go up field as 60 secs later it is 4-2! Then, we have a shot, which looks like it is going in, defender gets a good block. Then Rose go up field and Coyle gets goal for 5-2. On another day, our two chances go in and different completion on match.

Before all that, a goal conceded in 2 minutes did Burgh no favours. Then, you are right with your second goal.  Ball comes to our centre half, who,  instead of clearing ball, tries to be clever and gifts Rose the goal. 

Ruari was best player on the field. Not just for his 4 goals. I thought his play throughout the match was brilliant!

I agree with what you say. When you pulled it back to 2 each I feared the worst as your boys seemed up for it but then we started taking the chances we'd been missing in the first half and seemed to score at will. Musselburgh were dangerous up front but woeful at the back.

Although the Rose won by 4 goals, I don’t think the match was a comfortable as the score suggests. 
Sometimes there are small margins in football! Burgh Shoot and ball just goes wide. Linlithgow go up field as 60 secs later it is 4-2! Then, we have a shot, which looks like it is going in, defender gets a good block. Then Rose go up field and Coyle gets goal for 5-2. On another day, our two chances go in and different completion on match.
Before all that, a goal conceded in 2 minutes did Burgh no favours. Then, you are right with your second goal.  Ball comes to our centre half, who,  instead of clearing ball, tries to be clever and gifts Rose the goal. 
Ruari was best player on the field. Not just for his 4 goals. I thought his play throughout the match was brilliant!
Was the game filmed yesterday - as sods law I missed this cracker??

17 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:
On 18/05/2019 at 20:18, Casey Jones said:

Hopefully the goals will be put on twitter! Not sure though, as guy is on a well earned holiday - does an awful lot of work behind the scenes, and not sure if he would have time before he went!

A day on, I still think 30 mins to go, Burgh were in with a chance of winning. However, The Rose were lethal in attack, great from back to front and Ruari was outstanding, so you did miss a good performance by your team! All best when you meet Bonnyrigg in semis.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:
On 18/05/2019 at 20:18, Casey Jones said:

AH; goals are on Musselburgh twitter page now! Cheers.