Linlithgow Rose 18/19

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Tommy Coyne has scored more league goals this season than a third of the teams in the league.

#Goingfor400 

Also scored nearly half of all our goals this season.  Just shows how invaluable he is to Linlithgow Rose and well deserving of his testimonial 

1 hour ago, bravehearts dad said:

We’ll see how good he is next season(if still there) when you are likely to be playing in a stronger league with stronger teams.

be good to be back at bonnyrigg.no as if you will be going anywhere.oh wait,linlithgow might be playing elsewhere.

3 hours ago, bravehearts dad said:

We’ll see how good he is next season(if still there) when you are likely to be playing in a stronger league with stronger teams.

Granted the opposition hasn't always been great this season - same  for most of the teams who moved to the EoS.   The big difference TC regularly scored 30 plus most seasons  whilst in the Super League against good opposition.

......mainly soft penalties to be fair.

Couldn't resist that wee (predictable) dig.

The exceptional goal scoring record of TC over several seasons speaks for itself but how long can he be the main man at the rose ?
I feel he has slowed up a little this season, which was contributing to our troubles in the early months. But his positional sense, touch and finishing mean there are many more goals in him yet, he just needs others to do his running for him.

9 minutes ago, GordonS said:
1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:
......mainly soft penalties to be fair.

Couldn't resist that wee (predictable) dig.

The exceptional goal scoring record of TC over several seasons speaks for itself but how long can he be the main man at the rose ?

I feel he has slowed up a little this season, which was contributing to our troubles in the early months. But his positional sense, touch and finishing mean there are many more goals in him yet, he just needs others to do his running for him.

Disagree. I actually think he's got himself fitter than in the previous 2-3 seasons.

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Hes may be fitter but his legs can't do the running he used to do. And ex player said to me that was at shire game on a bigger pitch he looked well off it

We had a full team who were well off the pace against the Shire. 

TC has never been a flying machine - as with all good strikers his defining work comes within the box and in his goals return - something which he has proved beyond doubt season after season.

(Plus you don't need to run far taking penalties - lol)

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

We had a full team who were well off the pace against the Shire. 

TC has never been a flying machine - as with all good strikers his defining work comes within the box and in his goals return - something which he has proved beyond doubt season after season.

(Plus you don't need to run far taking penalties - lol)

It's a very important point with TC, his game has never relied on pace. He's not one for running into space behind defences, and given that Rose are favourites in the majority of matches they play we have more need for a striker who can play with his back to goal and find space in the box. Even as age catches up with him I wouldn't expect any sudden drop in the number of goals he gets. 

It's a very important point with TC, his game has never relied on pace. He's not one for running into space behind defences, and given that Rose are favourites in the majority of matches they play we have more need for a striker who can play with his back to goal and find space in the box. Even as age catches up with him I wouldn't expect any sudden drop in the number of goals he gets. 
One of our best performances of this season was against Tranent winning 6-2. A game which TC was absent from.

7 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

I see we are looking for sponsors for a "Stadium Naming Opportunity". 

The "Fuzzy Bear Arena" has a certain ring to it but I wonder if any local businesses will look to partake in this.

That doesn’t Bear thinking about. More like a good name for a Circus or possible name  change to Fozzy Bear and be a complete Muppet.