Linlithgow Rose 18/19

A good result today as no other team has done that to Blackburn this season.  I have to say that it was one of those days when it was all coming off for us.  We've played as well as that in other games without getting the breaks.  Today we got the goals our play deserved.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but was that not a very good artificial surface?  The bounce seemed to be natural, not like that Broxburn one which I see as an unfair home advantage.

5 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

A good result today as no other team has done that to Blackburn this season.  I have to say that it was one of those days when it was all coming off for us.  We've played as well as that in other games without getting the breaks.  Today we got the goals our play deserved.  

Correct me if I'm wrong but was that not a very good artificial surface?  The bounce seemed to be natural, not like that Broxburn one which I see as an unfair home advantage.

Yeah, Blackburn were still geeing themselves and each other up until the fourth went in, after that they seemed a bit shell-shocked. That's 12 goals Rose have scored in two league games against a team that are no mugs. Linlithgow are flat-track bullies this season, giving out hidings to lesser opponents but coming up short against equals or betters.

The surface is very good and better than many grass pitches we've played on this season. It's much better than Premier League Livi's, just down the road. 

Anybody know what sparked the argument between Ruari and Tommy Coyne midway through the second half? Ruari was properly pissed off, calling a fucking idiot, he brushed off both Roddy and Gary Thom when they tried to calm him down, calling him a fucking arsehole to them. Ten minutes later he was still shaking his head, and the whole team seemed a bit affected. The best I could hear at the start of it was Ruari saying something like 'how am  I meant to chase the ball when I don't have it'; sounds like maybe TC berated him for something he couldn't do.

In any event I hope it's a one-off thing and forgotten as soon as the game's over.

A decent performance apart from some woeful defending at the start of the 2nd half.

Great 1st half from Roddy his best this season.

A little backs to wall for the last 10 mins. Barbour was immense at the back a marked improvement on McKinley.

Ref up there with Duncan Smith..!!

Decent enough win yesterday - was that our last home game of the season?
I think yesterday's game was pretty typical of our season - the good, the bad and the ugly.

We started well and scored 3 crackers. Then we switched off lost a goal and never really got back into any rhythm.

10 hours ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Decent enough win yesterday - was that our last home game of the season?

Not necessarily.

You'd be at home to Bonnyrigg in the Title Round-Robin on Saturday 4th May if overtake Broxburn and win Conference C.

Depending on draw you could also have a home King Cup SF if win at Penicuik then Musselburgh in preceding rounds.

Edited by HibeeJibee

On ‎07‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 10:06, lokforever said:

Thanks for sharing - always good to see the highlights of games.  Especially with the crackers we scored - Ben has been a massive loss for us on coverage