Linlithgow Rose 18/19

Comfortable victory today although how much it was due to the Rose playing well and how much it was due to St Andrews I really can't tell.  St Andrews were coming off a narrow defeat away at Broxburn and a win against Jeanfield so I presumed they would give the Rose a stern test but 3-0 in the first half didn't really flatter the Rose.  A deserved red card for a rash tackle by John Ovenstone changed the balance of the game although the result was never in doubt. 3-1 was a fair result.  Owen Ronald's adventurous play is a pleasure to watch even if it doesn't always come off and Gary Thom is making a claim for a striker's role. 

1 hour ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Comfortable victory today although how much it was due to the Rose playing well and how much it was due to St Andrews I really can't tell.  St Andrews were coming off a narrow defeat away at Broxburn and a win against Jeanfield so I presumed they would give the Rose a stern test but 3-0 in the first half didn't really flatter the Rose.  A deserved red card for a rash tackle by John Ovenstone changed the balance of the game although the result was never in doubt. 3-1 was a fair result.  Owen Ronald's adventurous play is a pleasure to watch even if it doesn't always come off and Gary Thom is making a claim for a striker's role. 

Do anyone  know what happened between Coyne and Bradley ?when Coyne came off it seem Bradley was shouting at him at something 

Excellent 1st half.

Ovenstone's rash tackle changed the game totally and albeit comfortable the 2nd half was almost a management job rather than finishing off.

39 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

Will go and see this if the weather is semi decent.

Good players in both squads.

More Scottish Cup medals on our side though.  Chris Donnelly is a decent fella and deserves a good turnout.

3 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

More Scottish Cup medals on our side though.  Chris Donnelly is a decent fella and deserves a good turnout.

I would have popped along as I enjoyed watching Chris's couple of seasons at Blackburn in his younger days (many games alongside his older brother Paddy) but I'm away.  Hope he gets a good turnout.

2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

I would have popped along as I enjoyed watching Chris's couple of seasons at Blackburn in his younger days (many games alongside his older brother Paddy) but I'm away.  Hope he gets a good turnout.

I hope you leave your phone/tablet at home and give them and us a peace and a break anaw.