Linlithgow Rose 18/19

I reckon we had around a dozen clear-cut opportunities and was getting that feeling before TC's goal that they would score with their first chance. When that second goal came it was with Roddy getting to the bye-line and cutting it back for Tommy to stride forward onto.  So simple yet we don't do that enough.

I reckon we had around a dozen clear-cut opportunities and was getting that feeling before TC's goal that they would score with their first chance. When that second goal came it was with Roddy getting to the bye-line and cutting it back for Tommy to stride forward onto.  So simple yet we don't do that enough.
Correct - Roddy hasn't done this as regularly in recent games.

He drifts far to often into the busy midfield areas instead of sticking wide.

So I have a question. Before this season when have Rose, if ever, played in a league with the possibility of promotion?

Good question. 

I don't think we have ever been in that position before.

I think we are also the only team never to have been relegated in the old East juniors.

I'm sure someone will correct this if wrong.

I thought I'd found an example in 1927-28 when Linlithgow Rose played in the Midlothian Junior League B Division, but it turns-out A and B were effectively conferences with a title playoff.

In 1972-73 the East Junior League moved from parallel West and Mid/East divisions to hierarchical A and B divisions. You'd to finish top 7 to qualify for the new A Division (and did: 4th). Similarly you had to finish top 5 in what was by then called the First Division to qualify for the new Superleague (and did: 1st).

Unless you count those - which is a bit tenuous as they're essentially like clubs trying to finish top 5 just now - this would appear to be the first time.

Edited by HibeeJibee

1 hour ago, HibeeJibee said:

I thought I'd found an example in 1927-28 when Linlithgow Rose played in the Midlothian Junior League B Division, but it turns-out A and B were effectively conferences with a title playoff.

In 1972-73 the East Junior League moved from parallel West and Mid/East divisions to hierarchical A and B divisions. You'd to finish top 7 to qualify for the new A Division (and did: 4th). Similarly you had to finish top 5 in what was by then called the First Division to qualify for the new Superleague (and did: 1st).

Unless you count those - which is a bit tenuous as they're essentially like clubs trying to finish top 5 just now - this would appear to be the first time.

Thanks bud, I should have thought to tag you :thumsup2

Did Bradley really say this about the ref?

“He can’t let the first one go because it’s the first tackle; the boy took Oweny [Owen Ronald] out and he’s allowed him to set the tone – if he books him right away he can’t do another tackle like that, but these clowns don’t understand that. He could have really hurt him and then the same boy did it again to Gary Thom.

Edinburgh Evening News

Surely he'll be in trouble for that comment......

51 minutes ago, MDM said:

Did Bradley really say this about the ref?

“He can’t let the first one go because it’s the first tackle; the boy took Oweny [Owen Ronald] out and he’s allowed him to set the tone – if he books him right away he can’t do another tackle like that, but these clowns don’t understand that. He could have really hurt him and then the same boy did it again to Gary Thom.

Edinburgh Evening News

Surely he'll be in trouble for that comment......

Think he was referring to the player rather than the Ref - but the context of the comment could easily be mis-understood.

I'm not a fan of criticising the Refs as in the most they do a decent job - unfortunately the Ref on Saturday didn't do well.  The tackles were robust and Bradley was correct if he books the first then the same player doesn't then try to get away with it again. 

His decision to rule out the Barbour goal for offside - was a horrendous error,  Barbour ran with the ball from an onside position and the players in offside positions had no influence on the passage of play.

Are there any Lithgae stattos post on here. After a wee bit of info on a game I saw at West Calder a few years ago at their new place. I’m sure Dave Baikie was the Manager. It was a Wednesday night game very warm night. Ring any bells with anyone

1 minute ago, NE63 exile said:

Are there any Lithgae stattos post on here. After a wee bit of info on a game I saw at West Calder a few years ago at their new place. I’m sure Dave Baikie was the Manager. It was a Wednesday night game very warm night. Ring any bells with anyone

Dario quin's first game for the rose.if you have any team sheet info ?

6 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Dario quin's first game for the rose.if you have any team sheet info ?

After a date and a score if you can oblige. I'm sure Lithgae won very comfortably on the night with Chris King scoring a few

After a date and a score if you can oblige. I'm sure Lithgae won very comfortably on the night with Chris King scoring a few

11/8/12 or 18/1/14

Both at West Calder neither featured Chris King. The game you refer may have preceded a time when our games were recorded.

On youtube.

11/8/12 or 18/1/14

Both at West Calder neither featured Chris King. The game you refer may have preceded a time when our games were recorded.

On youtube.

It was earlier than those two dates. I recall West Calder had not long moved into their new ground. I just checked they moved there in 2008.