Linlithgow Rose 18/19

36 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Rose stuffed Camelon and Broxburn at home this season, our two biggest home games so far, so no, I wouldn't agree they've "failed" in the big games. 

They may have won at home but the Wee Rose were humiliated at Camelon and stuffed at Broxburn. The very definition of failure when aiming for the top spot.

So today was not a st Andrews moment ?
I was on coaching staff at rec that game and it was surreal seeing him interviewed on park after game.
Braddo was stabbed in the back at St Andrews by someone with his own agenda.

Since that day we have been a very broken club. With a lot of bad choices made both on and off the pitch.

Braddo divides opinions depending who you listen to. The nay sayers will never give him credit because it would be an admission they dealt with St Andrews poorly.

For me he is one of the most genuine guys I have met at Linlithgow and maybe that clouds my judgement.

The transition from Junior to EoS has been fractious and that has hampered his recruitment.

Always felt our hardest opponents this season have been ourselves.

12 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Not sure how going to another club a few miles along the road can be for family reasons? Do they train dinferent nights 

Well this is another can of worms, but... he moved to Armadale because he has a young family and he didn't want the travel involved with the EoS. 

20 minutes ago, GordonS said:

OK, I'll give you the attention you crave. Once.

Firstly, statistically, Linlithgow ARE the 4th best team in the league. And it's fair to compare across the conferences, because they were seeded based on last season's finishing positions. Also, did you spot the word "probably"? Do you have an actual genuine argument against that, or do you just generally have the hump at nothing?

Secondly, yes, Lithgae may finish 4th in the conference. Well done on stating the obvious. Equally, they may finish first, win the play-off and go up as Champion. When I said they're fourth best, I mean right now. 

Finally, those four cup matches you talk about... when was the most recent of them? Would it by any chance be in the middle of the injury crisis I was talking about? Go on, I'll wait for you to check.

Ha ha; you are having to do a lot of defensive returns tonight and not just from my comments. 

Not craving attention for anything, and when you try to be smart, be consistent! Your last paragraph talks about when we’re the cup defeats/draws, being in the past, dissing my thoughts. However, you write about being seeded in this year’s league -based on where your your team finished last season. Even a longer period before your cup debacles!  

Third para - I mentioned Linlithgow finishing 4th in conference C because of your ‘probable’ thought of being 4th best in EoSL. Wouldn’t have mentioned it at all. We can wait till end of season to see where your team finish in the league.

Not sure what you mean about did I notice the word probable?  Yes I did notice, as you wrote it and so. I quoted it based on that, so the answer would be yes?!

I’m not going to wait on your comment, but will call again and have a look tomorrow.

18 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Braddo was stabbed in the back at St Andrews by someone with his own agenda.

Since that day we have been a very broken club. With a lot of bad choices made both on and off the pitch.

Braddo divides opinions depending who you listen to. The nay sayers will never give him credit because it would be an admission they dealt with St Andrews poorly.

For me he is one of the most genuine guys I have met at Linlithgow and maybe that clouds my judgement.

The transition from Junior to EoS has been fractious and that has hampered his recruitment.

Always felt our hardest opponents this season have been ourselves.

How was he stabbed in the back ? 

Not sure how going to another club a few miles along the road can be for family reasons? Do they train dinferent nights 
Leiper was carrying an injury which meant he was playing well below full fitness.

He didn't feel he was capable to play at a higher level and felt Armadale offered him a more suitable level.

A genuine bloke - who is a big miss.
Looking at your squad list on ur website I know watt isn't their. Is that McKinlay still there.

Who would you keep and who would you let go? Would you stay loyal to people like Strickland mcKenzie coyne
For me I would keep Gray, McKenzie, Barbour, Rooster, Ronald, Batchy and TC.

That apart some have a lot to prove they deserve to stay and a few should be chased as just not good enough.

42 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

How was he stabbed in the back ? 

Well well well its Harkins best pal, the thick as f**k shit stirrer sheep.

You would do well concentrating on your own  club.

Tell your mate he was the worst Rose secretary in history.

On the football, a terrible display today.  Far too many piss poor passengers in the squad.

The manager needs to ship most of them out and build for next season.

3 minutes ago, PatP said:

Well well well its Harkins best pal, the thick as f**k shit stirrer sheep.

You would do well concentrating on your own  club.

Tell your mate he was the worst Rose secretary in history.

On the football, a terrible display today.  Far too many piss poor passengers in the squad.

The manager needs to ship most of them out and build for next season.

Keyboard warrior you don’t even know me  big mouth 

1 minute ago, Sheep77 said:

Keyboard warrior you don’t even know me  big mouth 

Any chance you could learn how to use punctuation? 

So how is Tubby these days?   Tell him he is missed like a dose of the clap.

So Sheep, can I call you Sheep seeing as I don't know who you are?

Are you worried about bo'mess having to play for a few months away from Newtown?

Are you worried you're seemingly skint?

Of course you don't care, you're obsessed about us.

Send our love to Tubby.

2 minutes ago, PatP said:

Any chance you could learn how to use punctuation? 

So how is Tubby these days?   Tell him he is missed like a dose of the clap.

So Sheep, can I call you Sheep seeing as I don't know who you are?

Are you worried about bo'mess having to play for a few months away from Newtown?

Are you worried you're seemingly skint?

Of course you don't care, you're obsessed about us.

Send our love to Tubby.

Bo’ness playing at little kerse not worried 

skint not worried 

obsession it’s called banter 

21 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Bo’ness playing at little kerse not worried 

skint not worried 

obsession it’s called banter 

So once work overruns you're not worried about lack of revenue for bo'mess?

Skint, but you're not worried?  What a strange attitude to have, I suppose when you've become used to having a ground for nothing that attitude becomes the norm, worrying though surely.  Bo'mess freeloaders.  

Banter, you haven't got the IQ for that. It's an obsession for you and your hero Tubby.

Will Bo'mess United please leave the plastic pitch that you didn't pay for as an over 65's team are coming on.   What a joke of a club,  good luck in the Kings Cup, hope someone is checking for suspended players mind you.

Tell Tubby his laddie McGlynn was a useless c**t, in fact he was  bo'mess class.

Edited by PatP

What a complete and utter meltdown from PatP. 

I hope he's pissed, I'd hate to think anyone sober would post such tear stained nonsense.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Leiper was carrying an injury which meant he was playing well below full fitness.

He didn't feel he was capable to play at a higher level and felt Armadale offered him a more suitable level.

A genuine bloke - who is a big miss.For me I would keep Gray, McKenzie, Barbour, Rooster, Ronald, Batchy and TC.

That apart some have a lot to prove they deserve to stay and a few should be chased as just not good enough.

Not Turnbull? I think he's good enough.

Sloan has a great football brain and a nice right foot, but he gets caught in possession too often. I wouldn't lose him easily though.

You wouldn't keep Roddy? I wouldn't want to lose him without a replacement, he's a very good link from middle to front. He always works hard, never goes missing. 

I'd love an upgrade on Strickland but I don't know how realistic that is on the budget. We've tried Watt, Maguire and Kelly there in the past few years, all came with decent reputations and none were good enough. Kelbie too. But now might be the time, because I could see TC's legs going before much longer.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Sloan has a great football brain and a nice right foot, but he gets caught in possession too often. I wouldn't lose him easily though.

You wouldn't keep Roddy? I wouldn't want to lose him without a replacement, he's a very good link from middle to front. He always works hard, never goes missing. 

I'd love an upgrade on Strickland but I don't know how realistic that is on the budget. We've tried Watt, Maguire and Kelly there in the past few years, all came with decent reputations and none were good enough. Kelbie too. But now might be the time, because I could see TC's legs going before much longer.

It's always something that perplexed me that players like kelbie and kelly can score goals everywhere and kelbie scored the goal at forfar yet fans couldn't get behind them

9 hours ago, PatP said:

So once work overruns you're not worried about lack of revenue for bo'mess?

Skint, but you're not worried?  What a strange attitude to have, I suppose when you've become used to having a ground for nothing that attitude becomes the norm, worrying though surely.  Bo'mess freeloaders.  

Banter, you haven't got the IQ for that. It's an obsession for you and your hero Tubby.

Will Bo'mess United please leave the plastic pitch that you didn't pay for as an over 65's team are coming on.   What a joke of a club,  good luck in the Kings Cup, hope someone is checking for suspended players mind you.

Tell Tubby his laddie McGlynn was a useless c**t, in fact he was  bo'mess class.

Did somebody pee in your pint because that is some pish your inebriated fingers are typing out.  Sober up and try again today.

The ones I don't reference need to prove they deserve to stay.

Roddy should be an absolute star in the EoS,

Unfortunately it hasn't been that way so far. Which is worrying as no doubting his ability.

Thom is another who has been a stand out in past seasons. My only memory of him this season is sent off at Beith (Again in a big game)

Throttling a young laddie at Craigroyston then grinning when only getting a yellow.

Yesterday he boots the ball out the park twice in a childish manner - both at key times.

From the others there are players who always seem injured and missing regularly.