Linlithgow Rose 18/19

4 hours ago, baker2 said:

What’s craigroystons park like is it in decent Knick?? What chances of tomorrow with the amount of rain due to fall?

It's a great surface and well looked after so should have a good chance.  No cover though unless you hide under the trees if it's raining.

Comfortable win for the Rose with the wind not affecting the play as much as I'd expected.  Craigroyston must be the lippiest team I've seen in ages. About 5 or 6 of their 7 or 8  bookings were for dissent.  They had already heavily disputed the first goal for offside when the Rose had probably just timed the run and pass to perfection and when the lino unbelievably put his flag up to confirm the second goal rather than flag it offside they went mental. Maybe the ref was a bit quick with his yellow card but, having seen that, to keep on using strong language with him time after time was asking for trouble.

11 hours ago, Ginaro said:

Presumably this Linlithgow fan doesn't go to your games!

sj.jpg

Not everyone at Linlithgow has embraced the move and some may be sympathetic to the viewpoint above.  The biggest problem that I see is the uncertainty/lack of information and this plays into the hands of the doubters.  (The vote to move EoS was won but not the Hearts and Minds of many)

Next season the following scenarios are all being talked about as possibilities (informed by limited knowledge and mis or lack of clear information)

1.  Move as Champions to LL

2.  Move to LL because we have a licence and Bonnyrigg don't

3. Move to LL on application because we have a licence and there is an empty space

4. Move to LL 2 because we have a licence

5.  EoS Premier League - almost the old Super League

6. Return junior - that's where we should be anyways..!

I appreciate quite a few of the above can be quickly dispelled - but not everybody has the same level of information/knowledge and to many all of the above are options.  This uncertaintly only fuels the doubters more.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Not everyone at Linlithgow has embraced the move and some may be sympathetic to the viewpoint above.  The biggest problem that I see is the uncertainty/lack of information and this plays into the hands of the doubters.  (The vote to move EoS was won but not the Hearts and Minds of many)

Next season the following scenarios are all being talked about as possibilities (informed by limited knowledge and mis or lack of clear information)

1.  Move as Champions to LL

2.  Move to LL because we have a licence and Bonnyrigg don't

3. Move to LL on application because we have a licence and there is an empty space

4. Move to LL 2 because we have a licence

5.  EoS Premier League - almost the old Super League

6. Return junior - that's where we should be anyways..!

I appreciate quite a few of the above can be quickly dispelled - but not everybody has the same level of information/knowledge and to many all of the above are options.  This uncertaintly only fuels the doubters more.

Well 1 and 5 can happen,  2 and 3 might happen depending on circumstances but wont if a Licenced club wins the EoS, bottom club is now Selkirk not 15th (ie Whitehill) and I'm guessing 6 doesn't have any chance of happening!

14 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Well 1 and 5 can happen,  2 and 3 might happen depending on circumstances but wont if a Licenced club wins the EoS, bottom club is now Selkirk not 15th (ie Whitehill) and I'm guessing 6 doesn't have any chance of happening!

Uncertainty is not appeasing the doubters -  short of option 6 (which won't happen) not sure what would appease them.

26 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Uncertainty is not appeasing the doubters -  short of option 6 (which won't happen) not sure what would appease them.

Isn't there uncertainty in football anyway, will we go up, will we get relegated, can we  make the top 5 etc etc.

Win the EoS and there's no uncertainty, otherwise you try again next season from the EoS Premier.  If there's an opportunity to apply for a LL place then great.

Edited by Burnie_man

59 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

Isn't there uncertainty in football anyway, will we go up, will we get relegated, can we  make the top 5 etc etc.

Win the EoS and there's no uncertainty, otherwise you try again next season from the EoS Premier.  If there's an opportunity to apply for a LL place then great.

Who are the licenced clubs bar Linlithgow ?

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

I'm not about to get stressed trying to appease the option 6 crew. They can either support the club or not - entirely up to them. 

In fact, I'm paying no more attention to stuff that needs "appeased". Either get behind the team or do something else with your time. The club is in the pyramid, it will go as far as the people who support it want it to go.