Linlithgow Rose 18/19

1 hour ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:

Can't understand the mindset of 'longest pre-season ever' and 'hard to get motivated to watch' tbh. We're competing in a very tight title race in a set-up that is very obviously the future for a club like us. I suspect it would be infinitely harder to get motivated to go to watch if we had stayed and stagnated in the juniors and were away to Dundee and further every second away game while our peers were bettering themselves in the EoS.

Agree with this.  Very arrogant of some of our supporters to take such an attitude. You would think we were 10 pts clear. Every chance this could come down to goal difference so some fans need to wind their neck in.

No turnstiles, no seats, not the best of facilities for refreshments, no league rules broken. 
As to the man with the bucket, I BET NOT ONE LINLITHGOW SUPPORTER PUT IN A £6 DONATION. 
I put in £4, the guy beside me put in a fiver. I'm sure they did alright.

I don't really get this "longest pre-season ever" thing. We were shite this pre-season.

It's true that more than half our league matches this season are potential banana skins to be safely negotiated. It's like getting a lower league team in a cup. But if we don't take it seriously we'll be watching someone else in the play-offs. It's been good that's there's been no sign of complacency from the players.

Agree with this.  Very arrogant of some of our supporters to take such an attitude. You would think we were 10 pts clear. Every chance this could come down to goal difference so some fans need to wind their neck in.
It's a poor comment but I don't think the poster is referencing the top four.

It's a transitional season. It is a bit frustrating but next year we'll have a great product in the EoS and I reckon history will look kindly on this season.

I know a lad that plays for Stirling University and he says that yesterday they did very well with their donation bucket, so fair play to all the Rose supporters for putting in Good donations, well done to you for doing that, I know from experience that a lot of times people put little in, but credit to your support for being generous. 

13 hours ago, Specky said:
13 hours ago, Raydale Grannie said:
No turnstiles, no seats, not the best of facilities for refreshments, no league rules broken. 
As to the man with the bucket, I BET NOT ONE LINLITHGOW SUPPORTER PUT IN A £6 DONATION. 

Actually I did!

Aye for the four of you's :lol:

It's true to say Linlithgow have won all their games against the lesser sides in the conference, for the most part very comfortably.

On the other hand: the record v Broxburn and Camelon is 1 win/1 loss. In the cups they've beaten Preston, Fort William, Heriot-Watt Uni and Tranent... drawn with Crossgates and Penicuik... and lost to Beith, East Stirlingshire, Sauchie and Dunbar, in most cases heavily. So it's been very much a mixed bag against the higher calibre opposition.

Were each to win their games in hand there'll be a 3-way tie atop the league with Camelon 6pts back; winning the conference would lead to the title round robin; winning it would lead on to a promotion playoff (or direct promotion). There's also still the King Cup to come. It's not an "orthodox" season - but it's not like every game is being skooshed and nothing to play for, either.

Admittedly from mid-January to mid-March their games are all v "bottom half" opposition, but they'll still need won, before the tougher contests.

It's true to say Linlithgow have won all their games against the lesser sides in the conference, for the most part very comfortably.

On the other hand: the record v Broxburn and Camelon is 1 win/1 loss. In the cups they've beaten Preston, Fort William, Heriot-Watt Uni and Tranent... drawn with Crossgates and Penicuik... and lost to Beith, East Stirlingshire, Sauchie and Dunbar, in most cases heavily. So it's been very much a mixed bag against the higher calibre opposition.

Were each to win their games in hand there'll be a 3-way tie atop the league with Camelon 6pts back; winning the conference would lead to the title round robin; winning it would lead on to a promotion playoff (or direct promotion). There's also still the King Cup to come. It's not an "orthodox" season - but it's not like every game is being skooshed and nothing to play for, either.

Admittedly from mid-January to mid-March their games are all v "bottom half" opposition, but they'll still need won, before the tougher contests.

Agree a very mixed bag.

Early season we struggled badly with injuries - but that's an easy excuse to make.

Tranent was probably our best performance of the season. Unfortunately that game apart we have not always produced in the more challenging fixtures.

We are our own worst enemy at times.

Agree a very mixed bag.

Early season we struggled badly with injuries - but that's an easy excuse to make.

Tranent was probably our best performance of the season. Unfortunately that game apart we have not produced.

Yep you are right. We were rotten yesterday.

On 1/26/2019 at 22:31, Raydale Grannie said:

I did!  Honest.  I had the money ready but there was no-one to take it so it was there in my back pocket.

On 27/01/2019 at 20:03, FuzzyBear said:
On 27/01/2019 at 19:59, Auld Heid said:
Agree a very mixed bag.

Tranent was probably our best performance of the season. Unfortunately that game apart we have not produced.

Yep you are right. We were rotten yesterday.

Got to agree on both accounts

On ‎27‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:59, Auld Heid said:

Agree a very mixed bag.

Tranent was probably our best performance of the season. Unfortunately that game apart we have not always produced in the more challenging fixtures.

Home to Broxburn was best I've seen. We raised it that day and played them off the park.

6 hours ago, baker2 said:

Does anyone know as to when the St. Andrews and inverkeithing games are being played that were called off?

St Andrews home is down as 9th March, though the one that was called off doesn't have a date. https://www.eosfl.com/content.php?pg=fixtureslge&pd=1045#frmft=True&pg=fixtureslge&pd=1045&fsea=10&fcomp1ShowAll=&fclub1=2119755101&fclub1ShowAll=&fclub2ShowAll=&frt=fixtures&frefShowAll=

Still three Saturdays available in April to fit those two games in, or 23rd March depending on the King Cup draw.