Linlithgow Rose 18/19

57 minutes ago, baker2 said:

Is the league still in there own hands?

Strictly speaking, no - they and Broxburn could both reach 66pts by winning all their remaining games (they've now met twice). However they do have a far better GD currently.

Linlithgow's remaining games are:

Sat 19 Jan     Heriot-Watt Uni (H)
Sat 26 Jan     Stirling Uni EOS (A)
Sat 02 Feb    Inverkeithing (H)
Sat 09 Feb    Craigroyston (A)
Sat 16 Feb    Ormiston (H)
Sat 23 Feb    Edinburgh Utd (A)
Sat 02 Mar   KC R2 - Tweedmouth (A)
Sat 09 Mar   St Andrews (H)
Sat 16 Mar   Blackburn (A)
Sat 23 Mar   KC R3
Sat 30 Mar   Jeanfield (H)
Sat 06 Apr
Sat 13 Apr    KC R4
Sat 20 Apr

date tbc         Jeanfield (A)
date tbc         St Andrews (A)

44 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

3 x 4 goal defeats and 1 x 5 goal defeat.

Camelon is the only blank sheet against ex junior opposition.

Defensively we need to improve in the bigger games.

Apart from Crossgates away......................Broxburn at home.

Broxburn only have Jeanfield to play at home. The rose have to play them twice. That could be what tips the league either way. Obviously can't discount Jeanfield 

A still think the rose will win it! A would imagine they will win it on goal difference!

23 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Broxburn only have Jeanfield to play at home. The rose have to play them twice. That could be what tips the league either way. Obviously can't discount Jeanfield 

Linlithgow are still marginal favourites for the conference due to their superior goal difference.  Was a great game today and could have finished 7-7 - great value for £6

47 minutes ago, baker2 said:

A still think the rose will win it! A would imagine they will win it on goal difference!

I would probably agree with that but in the same breath i thought the Rose would have beat Broxburn today. I thought the two games we played against Broxburn they were a decent side but didn't think they'd beat the Rose and they did so who knows.

3 x 4 goal defeats and 1 x 5 goal defeat.

Camelon is the only blank sheet against ex junior opposition.

Defensively we need to improve in the bigger games.

Wasn't it 3-0 last time we played Broxburn?

At the start of the season we couldn't keep weans out a close. The addition of Barbour helped enormously, he does a good job protecting the central defence and we've been getting more clean sheets but it's papering over the cracks, the problems are still there and they were exposed today. It's hard to tell when everything's happening at full speed but it looked to me like Gray's positioning was at fault for three goals, including the penalty. He was AWOL for the first goal and there was too much space between him and the centre halves. That said, it's hard to tell who's at fault without knowing what they'd been told to do.

We were horribly vulnerable at set pieces too, we could have conceeded more from them.

Although the game could've gone either way, I felt Broxburn wanted it a little more, certainly in the first half. They fought hard and though they clearly didn't have the better players, I thought they deserved at least a point and probably did more to win the game than Rose.

Weather wasn't the best, yet by the end I'd stopped noticing. It was a pot-boiler of a match, brewing up to a tumultuous conclusion. If you have to lose, you want to lose like that.

I might take pelters for this, but I thought the ref had a decent game .

Oh, and the pitch is shite, first time I've been there since it was laid, but I don't think it affected the outcome. The pavilion looks great though.

5 minutes ago, GordonS said:

It's way to tight at the top to say it's one team's to lose. There are four teams right in it and any one of them could win. I think it'll go right to the last day.

we are out of it. Jeanfield depends on their scores with the big 3 and if they drop points against anyone else. The game on Groundhop day could be massive

20 hours ago, GordonS said:

Wasn't it 3-0 last time we played Broxburn?

At the start of the season we couldn't keep weans out a close. The addition of Barbour helped enormously, he does a good job protecting the central defence and we've been getting more clean sheets but it's papering over the cracks, the problems are still there and they were exposed today. It's hard to tell when everything's happening at full speed but it looked to me like Gray's positioning was at fault for three goals, including the penalty. He was AWOL for the first goal and there was too much space between him and the centre halves. That said, it's hard to tell who's at fault without knowing what they'd been told to do.

We were horribly vulnerable at set pieces too, we could have conceeded more from them.

Although the game could've gone either way, I felt Broxburn wanted it a little more, certainly in the first half. They fought hard and though they clearly didn't have the better players, I thought they deserved at least a point and probably did more to win the game than Rose.

Weather wasn't the best, yet by the end I'd stopped noticing. It was a pot-boiler of a match, brewing up to a tumultuous conclusion. If you have to lose, you want to lose like that.

I might take pelters for this, but I thought the ref had a decent game .

Oh, and the pitch is shite, first time I've been there since it was laid, but I don't think it affected the outcome. The pavilion looks great though.

I will give you pelters for the referee comment. He was dreadful and allowed a lot to go unpunished for both sides whilst being a complete idiot over where you took a throw in from! 

2 hours ago, Insideinfo said:

Sounds a cracking game.

Does the young lad not cover games anymore? Can't find many games from this season on you tube.

We're all sad that Ben was poached by Stirling Albion. Just like some players, he became too good for us to keep! 

I will give you pelters for the referee comment. He was dreadful and allowed a lot to go unpunished for both sides whilst being a complete idiot over where you took a throw in from! 
Only Rose throw ins. And he and the dug out side lino missed Broxburn no. 19 throwing a punch despite it being right in front of them.

3 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
2 hours ago, PatP said:

Only Rose throw ins. And he and the dug out side lino missed Broxburn no. 19 throwing a punch despite it being right in front of them.

Ref was decent but both linesman missed everything including their lift home 

Broxburn is a tough place to go, probably the fixture I'd have highlighted as the hardest away game. Closely followed by Camelon and Jeanfield.

Our squad isn't good enough to do much damage this year.

We've a chance of winning conference C but if we were in any of the other two we'd be off the pace.

Id say we've won all the games we'd expect to win this year in all home games and all away in the league save the ones I mentioned before.

That's a good basis for a season but unfortunately apart from that we haven't won a single game that turn you into champions.

I personally would like to see us stay I the EoS this year to rekindle some rapport with the support and give the remit to the management team that next season we must win the league. No excuses.

Transition season so we are in a decent position, but let's be honest if we don't come in the top five it would be the worst season in our history.