Linlithgow Rose 18/19

I was very impressed by both teams' commitment to keeping the ball on the ground, playing through midfield and not resorting to smashing it long. The surface was a stern test of their footwork and balance, it was like cream cheese with a sprinkling of grass, yet everyone stuck to their game. Maybe that wouldn't have happened if it had been a competitive game. 

The difference between the teams was up front - Hearts worked better chances and took them; Rose created enough chances but they were tougher to score and they didn't put them away. Rose certainly weren't outclassed in midfield, which was pretty pleasing. A surprisingly watchable game, just a pity the weather meant fewer fans were there to see it.

Decent programme too.

I was very impressed by both teams' commitment to keeping the ball on the ground, playing through midfield and not resorting to smashing it long. The surface was a stern test of their footwork and balance, it was like cream cheese with a sprinkling of grass, yet everyone stuck to their game. Maybe that wouldn't have happened if it had been a competitive game. 
The difference between the teams was up front - Hearts worked better chances and took them; Rose created enough chances but they were tougher to score and they didn't put them away. Rose certainly weren't outclassed in midfield, which was pretty pleasing. A surprisingly watchable game, just a pity the weather meant fewer fans were there to see it.
Decent programme too.
I also thought it a decent game, especially in the first half despite us losing the two goals. We had definite chances and played some good football in atrocious conditions.
Not sure how many gears the Jambos could have went up if necessary though.

Decent crowd for a friendly but clearly down on what it would have been on a better night - there was a rumour that the game had been called off which would also have affected some.

29 minutes ago, Black Dug said:

I also thought it a decent game, especially in the first half despite us losing the two goals. We had definite chances and played some good football in atrocious conditions.
Not sure how many gears the Jambos could have went up if necessary though.

Decent crowd for a friendly but clearly down on what it would have been on a better night - there was a rumour that the game had been called off which would also have affected some.

What was the crowd ?

Just reading back a few posts.

I think the idea of turning the garage at the club into a café is a belter of an idea.

Think how many school bairns walk past there everyday. There’s a buck to be made. There’s also a gym across the road, a van hire yard next door and a few other units as well as the cowp which folk are always running in and out of.

Doing breakfasts and breakfast rolls would be a good earner and a decent coffee is always good too.

On 28/11/2018 at 13:11, lithgierose said:
On 28/11/2018 at 13:05, boheesian said:
Heard that Kevin Watt is away due to work commitments up North. Rumoured Calum Smith maybe a target if the Rose can come up with the cash.

No be happening then,we are skint 

you are skint according to jim sinnett and thats why youve had to call on hearts and hibs this year:lol:

6 hours ago, lithgierose said:
6 hours ago, Black Dug said:
Didn't count it - but the sheltered areas were well populated.

100 + in the stand.and the shelter was bursting front to back.under the stand looked fairly busy.

there was loads of room in the shelter it was just much busier than usual because it was shite weather

11 hours ago, The Gudderman said:

I think the idea of turning the garage at the club into a café is a belter of an idea.

Think how many school bairns walk past there everyday. There’s a buck to be made. There’s also a gym across the road, a van hire yard next door and a few other units as well as the cowp which folk are always running in and out of.

Doing breakfasts and breakfast rolls would be a good earner and a decent coffee is always good too.

The conversion costs might not be worth it, when they could just use the snack bar that's already there. Competition among cafés in Linlithgow is fierce, the Dolphin is well-established nearby for workies etc buying takeaway rolls, and they're on a busier road. I'd have thought the vast bulk of a hot food business on Braehead Road would be schoolkids, and for them the snack bar would be perfect. Using the snack bar would also allow demand to be tested without spending any money up front.

I suspect it might be hard to get a licence, though. Councils prefer to sell their own utter shite to kids than have nearby retailers sell it. They pretend it's about healthy eating, but they sell dirt-cheap sausage rolls in the Academy, and there's at least one unhealthy option every lunchtime.

10 hours ago, Pete77 said:

you are skint according to jim sinnett and thats why youve had to call on hearts and hibs this year:lol:

More nonsense from the slavering buffoon.

Jim Sinnet will have no knowledge of our finances and the Rose did not call on Hibs - they asked us for the game.

Edited by FuzzyBear

On 29/11/2018 at 19:30, The Gudderman said:

About 30-35 years ago there was a hot food takeaway right across the road from the club. I think it was originally associated with Henderson’s slaughterhouse and if they couldn’t make it work with direct access to cheap meat, I’m not sure if it would be a money spinner now.

I think it was open for lunch as well as evenings til late. The club was a lot busier then and the takeaway regularly got a few quid from me and others on our way home.

In saying that school kids probably eat more takeaways now than back then, so it might be viable during term time.