Linlithgow Rose 18/19

8 hours ago, ScottR96 said:

Fantastic day out yesterday. Would love to see Clyde play a cup tie at Prestonfield. Superb set up. Left my Trail t-shirt on the train though :(

All the best for the rest of the season. 

Can I ask a quick question while you're here? Just curiosity. Would you (and your fellow Clyde fans, if you know) rather have as your home a ground like Prestonfield, or Broadwood?

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Can I ask a quick question while you're here? Just curiosity. Would you (and your fellow Clyde fans, if you know) rather have as your home a ground like Prestonfield, or Broadwood?

Most would probably say Prestonfield, I suspect. I personally don't mind Broadwood. Only Queen's Park can claim to have access to better facilities in League 2 and if we have any ambition to get up the leagues then Broadwood is the type of stadium I'd want to be playing in. It can be shite when there's 500 people inside it and the lack of pubs probably mean it's rubbish from an away fans perspective, but I don't recall too many moans when we were in the Championship  (or First Division as it  was known) pulling in 4 figure crowds every week. 

That being said, Prestonfield would be a great addition to the SPFL and wouldn't look out of place a bit higher up when you compare it to the likes of Alloa in my opinion. I'd love to go when there's a bit more of a crowd and a game with more of an edge to it hence my initial comment. And those steak and haggis pies will be hard to beat!

6 minutes ago, ScottR96 said:

Most would probably say Prestonfield, I suspect. I personally don't mind Broadwood. Only Queen's Park can claim to have access to better facilities in League 2 and if we have any ambition to get up the leagues then Broadwood is the type of stadium I'd want to be playing in. It can be shite when there's 500 people inside it and the lack of pubs probably mean it's rubbish from an away fans perspective, but I don't recall too many moans when we were in the Championship  (or First Division as it  was known) pulling in 4 figure crowds every week. 

That being said, Prestonfield would be a great addition to the SPFL and wouldn't look out of place a bit higher up when you compare it to the likes of Alloa in my opinion. I'd love to go when there's a bit more of a crowd and a game with more of an edge to it hence my initial comment. And those steak and haggis pies will be hard to beat!

Ta.

I was at that fateful title decider against Caley Thistle at Broadwood as a neutral, it definitely seemed like the perfect ground for Clyde then, but after years of toiling it seems quite a cold place for you now. Good facilities as you say though, it must be good for training.

I watched a lot of Queen's Park when I was younger, I grew up in King's Park, so swathes of empty seats are nothing new to me!

FWIW, you don't need to wait until match days for those pies - you can get them in Oliphant's the bakers on the High Street. Just if you're passing.

Two accounts, neither of which have ever posted, going through my posts across the board at random and giving them reddies.

An actual human being made up at least one account on here for apparently no other reason than giving reddies. Imagine being that person. Or that being your da. Scary.

Weather looks terrible for the game tonight, I'm hopeful the pitch will cope with the rain but that wind, oof. High balls might end up in my garden. Won't be much sexy football played on the deck, so it's advantage Hearts. 

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Or that being your da. Scary.

Its your wife.

This being the second third time you've mentioned it in a week at least you aren't letting it get to you.

Edited by drs
cant count the number of times Gordon has been "rattled" by Excaliber

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

https://www.edinburghnews.scotsman.com/sport/football/hearts/hearts-captain-christophe-berra-set-for-outing-against-linlithgow-rose-1-4835627

7.30 pm kick off - don't be late.

Come along and see the return of Christophe Berra.

If it's the same one that went away then no thanks.