Linlithgow Rose 18/19

Right, where's the feckin genius who was questioning my support for the club and calling me negative for saying I thought we'd lose this one?

Next time you want to question my opinion about an upcoming game, bear in mind that there are literally amoeba on the rings of Saturn who know more about football than you.

I doubted our chances because they're West Region champions and last time anyone tested us we were shite at the back, and lo and behold, we're still shite at the back. For all the obvious errors, at least three of the goals and a bundle of chances came from exactly where I was worried about - the gap between midfield and defence.

So yeah, next time you want to not just disagree with my opinions, which would be fine, but to attack my motives for those opinion, try and remember this time, when you made a roaring arrse of yourself.

As for the game, we know what we knew before - that we're good with the ball at our feet but when we fail to score goals we're asking for trouble. Our central defence has been a mess since Leiper left, Ovenstone has done a good job getting our shape back together and being aggressive but he's a sticking plaster. We need more protection for the defence when facing good opposition and Barbour alone wasn't it. To win the EoS we'll need work here, or a lot of luck against the better teams.

5 hours ago, GordonS said:

Right, where's the feckin genius who was questioning my support for the club and calling me negative for saying I thought we'd lose this one?

Next time you want to question my opinion about an upcoming game, bear in mind that there are literally amoeba on the rings of Saturn who know more about football than you.

I doubted our chances because they're West Region champions and last time anyone tested us we were shite at the back, and lo and behold, we're still shite at the back. For all the obvious errors, at least three of the goals and a bundle of chances came from exactly where I was worried about - the gap between midfield and defence.

So yeah, next time you want to not just disagree with my opinions, which would be fine, but to attack my motives for those opinion, try and remember this time, when you made a roaring arrse of yourself.

'8 mile' from Bo'ness actually comes across as being more sound of mind than yourself.

On 20/10/2018 at 07:43, selfassemblyshire said:

Sorry for being a bit late to the party.  

I dont actually know if we've ever played Linlithgow Rose before. If they come up and we're competing then possibly but I'm not convinced they'll see by Bo'ness.

I remember my papa used to take me to see them play each other as a young boy but we always stood behind the goals.

I'll never forget when a Rose player scored a free kick then ran by the terrace shhhhhing the Bo'ness fand only to get about a dozen beer bottles lobbed at him emoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.pngemoji23.png

They’d be empty of course.

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

Are you alright Gordon?

I'm actually starting to get worried about you - please just log off for a week and do something nice instead. You'll feel much better.

16 hours ago, Avalon said:

Well is there a letter in the post .. Absolutely embarrassing.

He should never have been back in the door. 

But nothing will change, his mates have got exactly what they deserve and wanted.

Wholesale change required

So is the manager to blame for some awful goalkeeping and a 300 goal striker missing an open goal.  I think not, we were well in the game until Marley's howler.   The performances have been much better recently.  

Everyone knows this is a transitional season ahead of the leagues sorting themselves out for next year.  

What wholesale change would you make?  Would you go back in time and stop the previous leaders of the club from spending a fortune up front on floodlights instead of financing a big project like every other business would do?  Would you stop the previous leaders from appointing shite like McGlynn?

Look forward very much to hearing your solutions!

7 hours ago, GordonS said:

As for the game, we know what we knew before - that we're good with the ball at our feet but when we fail to score goals we're asking for trouble. Our central defence has been a mess since Leiper left, Ovenstone has done a good job getting our shape back together and being aggressive but he's a sticking plaster. We need more protection for the defence when facing good opposition and Barbour alone wasn't it. To win the EoS we'll need work here, or a lot of luck against the better teams.

I bet you're a hoot at parties.

What a seething mess [emoji23] [emoji23]

By the way you talk about the gap between defence and midfield. How far was Barbour in front of the defence - about 2 yards for the whole 1st half.

Don’t get to see Rose match these days but this was a disappointing performance.

Rose appeared to be suffering from playing a match poorer standard of team this season than Beith are.  They outplayed us in every department.  First half was very close and if Rose had taken their chances it could have been tied at half time.  However after the keeper selling a second goal and Thom being sent off for dissent the game was beyond us.

we still have not faced up to the issue we have had for over 5 years, lack of midfield physicality.  Lots of clever footballers but no one to will the ball dominate that area.

TC is not at his best without another striker who can hold the ball up and play him in.  At full back we are extremely weak.  However we should keep faith with MB who remains the best around.

Time to rebuild.  If I am out of line with these comments I apologise to all my friends at the club who went out their way to greet me yesterday.  At least that made my day out worthwhile.   Thanks folks.  I will be back as will the Rose.

However we should keep faith with MB who remains the best around.

Does he? You can’t be looking around a lot if he’s the best around. Every week you guys are on here telling us what the issues are with the team. Then he fails to address them.

There are far better coaches and managers working with far less financial resources in non league football in the area- and most have their teams playing more expansively and more solid defensively.

Doesn’t sound like ‘the best around’ to me.

1 hour ago, surely not! said:

Does he? You can’t be looking around a lot if he’s the best around. Every week you guys are on here telling us what the issues are with the team. Then he fails to address them.

There are far better coaches and managers working with far less financial resources in non league football in the area- and most have their teams playing more expansively and more solid defensively.

Doesn’t sound like ‘the best around’ to me.

I agree, with the strong budget he has we are very ordinary. Not for me. 

to be fair i wouldn't blame your goalie for 1st,  35 yarder into roof of net would be harsh to put blame towards him, third goal il give you as he dropped it at our players feet. 
If you are playing poor quality teams week in week out like Craigroyston and Orminston, and winning 8, 9 nil every week doesnt really do you any favours when you come up against the bigger sides. 
I actually agree with that to an extent, I thought we looked undercooked and well off the level of intensity required. It took us about 10-15 minutes to start matching them for intensity and by then we were two goals down.

It's only this year that'll be the case though, and I think having a relatively easier run of matches helped recover confidence and sort out most of the problem areas. I'd rather have lost yesterday and been in the hunt in the league than have won yesterday but already have lost 4 league games.

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

You seem to be the only person on here, other than Bo’ness fans, that seems happy we lost yesterday.

Or is that just because you had too much shandy last night?

The only thing getting close to Saturn is a rocket like yourself and the only persons making an arse of themselves is you with your frothing at the mouth on two forums.

When your stupid avatar pops up I cringe as I know there will be a load of bleating to get past before something decent appears. 

I agree, with the strong budget he has we are very ordinary. Not for me. 
The strong budget?

His budget is substantially less than his predecessor.

When he arrived the 2nd time it was to financial restrictions. As the infrastructure was given priority over player investment.

Just now, Auld Heid said:

The strong budget?

His budget is substantially less than his predecessor.

When he arrived the 2nd time it was to financial restrictions. As the infrastructure was given priority over player investment.

Still has a very strong budget has he not ?