Linlithgow Rose 18/19

Who actually gives a **** about which f*cking cinema is better.  Everyone knows the Hippodrome only shows silent movies.

The Shire will never be a Derby match for me - our only natural derby match is against the Beggars.  A rivalry which goes back centuries to the good old days when we use to hang the Beggars for coming over the Flints to avoid them spreading the plague.  

Edited by Auld Heid

54 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

used to hang the Beggars for coming over the Flints to avoid them spreading the plague.  

Must remind you of the scenes you see when using your season ticket at Ibrox.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

I'm pretty sure Cineworld is cheaper, especially with one of the membership thingies. And I sometimes go by train, which is really handy for Falkirk. But I hate that retail park. I hate the centre of Livi too, mind you.

Hippodrome in Bo'ness is fantastic, we go there sometimes but it's not the best for a banging blockbuster. I'm just back from seeing First Man at the Imax in Glasgow as it happens, really good film and worth seeing on a screen the size of Montana for the [spoiler alert] bit when they make it to the moon.

Don't know about memberships but stand Ard price at view at livi is 5.99 it's 11.90 at cineworld but I get it for 6.60 through work 

10 minutes ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Not that I want to extend this debate but the Vue is indeed cheaper at £5.99.

Anyway. Will the Gallant get a result in Beith. Can't make the game but good luck lads!

The Rose seem to be coming into a bit of form at the right time.

Barbour looks like a good signing and having Roddy, Batchy and Ronald back makes a huge difference as they are our 3 most creative players.

Will be a tough game but I will go for a 3-2 Rose win.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Not that I want to extend this debate but the Vue is indeed cheaper at £5.99.

Anyway. Will the Gallant get a result in Beith. Can't make the game but good luck lads!

Me neither - hospitality day at the Etihad with Specky (the Man U fan..!!) oh how I will enjoy his pain

4 hours ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

Don't know about memberships but stand Ard price at view at livi is 5.99 it's 11.90 at cineworld but I get it for 6.60 through work 

Woah! When did Vue get that cheap? Well, that's me pretty much never going to Falkirk again.

Anyway, getting this thread back on track...

Me neither - hospitality day at the Etihad with Specky (the Man U fan..!!) oh how I will enjoy his pain
Oi! That's why I booked you the Burnley game as at least they play in maroon! [emoji1145][emoji460]️

16 minutes ago, ThatBoyRonaldo said:
3 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:
Why the negativity ?

We haven't played anyone of Beiths pedigree yet - I'm not convinced we're as good as hammering the likes of Ormiston and Craigroyston has made us look on paper. Only match I've seen us tested in this season is vs Camelon and despite having all the ball I don't think we ever looked dangerous enough to turn it round. Add home advantage to that and I reckon Beith have to go in as, if not heavy, then certainly clear favourites.

Similar to yourself Ron, I’m concerned we may lose and in my eyes rather easily/heavily. Hoping I’m wrong but will wait and see. 

I wouldn't regard myself as being negative about our chances tomorrow, just realistic. A few weeks ago we lost 4-1 at home to Dunbar and it exposed huge problems at centre half and between midfield and defence. There were also problems going forward, but they've been fixed by the return to fitness of key players. Since then our attack has been sorted out, from a lame 3-0 win against Fort William to scoring 6 against respectable opposition in Tranent. But the only team we've played in that time that are really capable of stretching us defensively were Camelon, who beat us. Ovenstone has made a big difference in decision making at the back but he's no spring chicken, he's a substantial step down on Leiper. I don't think we've had the opportunity in matches to test our defensive shape and I have to assume that the WR Superleague champions will be good enough to do that. Maybe the work done behind the scenes has sorted things, we certainly have to hope so. I'd just have liked to have seen them a bit more battle-hardened, which Beith definitely will be.

Personally, I would go with a defensive shape that restricts space in front of the defence, but one that can open out and attack quickly too, especially on the wings. I haven't had the pleasure of seeing Barbour play yet so I don't know where he would fit in, but I would go with something like below, with Barbour fitting in if/where Bradley thinks best, and Roddy and Ronald tucking in to support Tommy Coyne.

Coyne

Roddy Batchelor Ronald

Sloan Ruari

Turnbull Overnstone Thom Gray

Marley

And I'd look for Watt and/or Coco to come on with enough time to make a difference, and exploit any space opening up. Ruari and Batchelor could be the other way round, but IMO Ruari's at his best when the game is in front of him, and he can carry into space better than Batchelor.

We'll probably be 4-4-1-1 though, I just worry about that space between the lines.

One thing's for sure, if we do win it'll be the sweetest of the season by far and confidence will rocket. 

I think Gordon meant he hasnt considered Camelon a derby for the Rose so wouldn't consider Shire a derby match for the rose

Sorry for being a bit late to the party.  

I dont actually know if we've ever played Linlithgow Rose before. If they come up and we're competing then possibly but I'm not convinced they'll see by Bo'ness.

I remember my papa used to take me to see them play each other as a young boy but we always stood behind the goals.

I'll never forget when a Rose player scored a free kick then ran by the terrace shhhhhing the Bo'ness fand only to get about a dozen beer bottles lobbed at him [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Yas, it's Scottish Cup gameday!

I think a win today would be our best result in any competition at least since beating Bonnyrigg away at the tail end of 16/17, and it probably would top that. When did we last beat a West Superleague team? Make no mistake, this would be a scalp. I'm looking for inspiration to Lochee Utd turfing them out the Junior Cup last season with a bit of a skelping in Ayrshire.

This'll be Rose's 26th Scottish Cup tie in our 8th year in the competition, we've won 14, drawn 4 and lost 7. We've scored 52 and conceded 33. We've been knocked out 4 times by league clubs and once each by Highland League, West Junior (Beith) and North Junior clubs.

For comparison, this is Beith's third crack at the Scottish Cup, they've played 13, won 9, drawn 2 and lost 2. They've only been knocked out by league opposition before, Airdrie and Morton, and their draws were with Talbot and Airdrie. They've scored 40 and conceded 18.

I'm psyched about this one to the point of annoying my family and it's only 11am. HTG.

We haven't played anyone of Beiths pedigree yet - I'm not convinced we're as good as hammering the likes of Ormiston and Craigroyston has made us look on paper. Only match I've seen us tested in this season is vs Camelon and despite having all the ball I don't think we ever looked dangerous enough to turn it round. Add home advantage to that and I reckon Beith have to go in as, if not heavy, then certainly clear favourites.
Similar to yourself Ron, I’m concerned we may lose and in my eyes rather easily/heavily. Hoping I’m wrong but will wait and see. 
Agree up until Tranent - but produce the performance we did against Tranent then Beith will know their in a game.

Would even go with same team and TC starting on the bench.

#believe

1 hour ago, GordonS said:

Yas, it's Scottish Cup gameday!

I think a win today would be our best result in any competition at least since beating Bonnyrigg away at the tail end of 16/17, and it probably would top that. When did we last beat a West Superleague team? Make no mistake, this would be a scalp. I'm looking for inspiration to Lochee Utd turfing them out the Junior Cup last season with a bit of a skelping in Ayrshire.

This'll be Rose's 26th Scottish Cup tie in our 8th year in the competition, we've won 14, drawn 4 and lost 7. We've scored 52 and conceded 33. We've been knocked out 4 times by league clubs and once each by Highland League, West Junior (Beith) and North Junior clubs.

For comparison, this is Beith's third crack at the Scottish Cup, they've played 13, won 9, drawn 2 and lost 2. They've only been knocked out by league opposition before, Airdrie and Morton, and their draws were with Talbot and Airdrie. They've scored 40 and conceded 18.

I'm psyched about this one to the point of annoying my family and it's only 11am. HTG.

I’m sure it’s not only your family that find you annoying. 

I’m sure it’s not only your family that find you annoying. 
What have I ever done to you, eh? It's a matter of regret that I'll never understand people like you. Would you say something like that in person? To someone you knew in real life? Are you this intolerant with everyone? Do you care what being like this does to social media? Do you think the only people on social media should be sarcastic taciturn widos like yourself, or should there maybe be space for everyone?

You don't need to reply, I won't be reading it. You'd be a better person if you thought about it though I doubt you will.