Linlithgow Rose 18/19

1 hour ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Ronald and roddy are both quick, watt is a lot faster that coco or tommy, batchy and Ruari break through pretty quickly too and grey isn’t a slouch

I'd say only Ronald, Roddy and Grey are actually quick, and none of them play up against central defenders. I suppose Watt might be quick, I don't think I've really seen him with enough space to find out. If he gets a run at a slower defender he could be dangerous.

In most matched Rose play the opposition defence sits deep, and we usually have most of the possession, so pace is less important to us than for others. But we come up against better opposition who'll be more susceptible to the counter attack (which Beith may be, I haven't seen them in ages), it's more useful.

2 hours ago, lithgierose said:

Beith might be quick starters.but were they not three in front against hurlford.then got beat 4-3.

Yes we were 3 up, Hurlford got a pen just on half time,3-1  second half each team had a man sent off, hurlford scored 2 in last 5 mins... Should be an interesting game, Beith decent recent record against Linlithgow, has the makings of a good cup tie. Im not all that sure about the quality of the League Linlithgow are in but judging by the scores each week would question the overall quality of opposition, granted though you can only play whats in front of you.

Yes we were 3 up, Hurlford got a pen just on half time,3-1  second half each team had a man sent off, hurlford scored 2 in last 5 mins... Should be an interesting game, Beith decent recent record against Linlithgow, has the makings of a good cup tie. Im not all that sure about the quality of the League Linlithgow are in but judging by the scores each week would question the overall quality of opposition, granted though you can only play whats in front of you.
Correct.

Saturday was our 1st victory against an ex junior side this season.

We started slowly crippled by injuries and only in recent weeks have we started to look competitive. Saturday was our best performance for a very long while.

If that Rose team turns up on Saturday then it should be a cracking game. Beith have an excellent pedigree and I have no doubts that will show on Saturday.

The point I was making was.saturday apart maybe.if beith were to go three up in the first half.i couldn't see the rose scoring four.going by the start to the season we have had.

One of my favourite games as a neutral included Beith. The season they knocked us out of the Scottish Cup I went back to see them play a replay at home against Airdrie. They went 4-0 down and it looked brutal, but they got it together and pulled it back to 4-3. They absolutely ripped Airdrie to buggery in the second half, their great wee midfielder whose name I forget was unplayable. Airdrie were clinging on for grim death by the end and were breathing through their arses by the final whistle. It was a cracking game.

My two other stand-out memories of Beith were their Scottish Cup-themed cupcakes for our tie against them, and that last year the gave back their share of a cup-tie gate money to their hard-up opponents. A classy club with a unique ground and a great history. I'd love to think we could be in the LL with them in a few years time.

One of my favourite games as a neutral included Beith. The season they knocked us out of the Scottish Cup I went back to see them play a replay at home against Airdrie. They went 4-0 down and it looked brutal, but they got it together and pulled it back to 4-3. They absolutely ripped Airdrie to buggery in the second half, their great wee midfielder whose name I forget was unplayable. Airdrie were clinging on for grim death by the end and were breathing through their arses by the final whistle. It was a cracking game.
My two other stand-out memories of Beith were their Scottish Cup-themed cupcakes for our tie against them, and that last year the gave back their share of a cup-tie gate money to their hard-up opponents. A classy club with a unique ground and a great history. I'd love to think we could be in the LL with them in a few years time.

“Classy Beith” panned in our bus windows and im sure a fan or 2 ended up needing medical assistance. Don’t think they are liked much by our support

1 minute ago, sponsorsladdie said:

“Classy Beith” panned in our bus windows and im sure a fan or 2 ended up needing medical assistance. Don’t think they are liked much by our support

And Rose fans lit flares at Forfar, burned their artificial pitch and fought outside the ground. In the past I've seen a Rose fan smash a bottle over the head of a Bo'ness fan inside Prestonfield. We all have our zoomers. If Beith as a club tolerate them then that would be different, but I'm assuming/hoping that's not the case, is it?

And Rose fans lit flares at Forfar, burned their artificial pitch and fought outside the ground. In the past I've seen a Rose fan smash a bottle over the head of a Bo'ness fan inside Prestonfield. We all have our zoomers. If Beith as a club tolerate them then that would be different, but I'm assuming/hoping that's not the case, is it?
Have before or since the forfar game you seen the guys who through the flares at a rose game ? The only fighting outside the ground, if you could call it that.was a real rose fan putting a couple of the eejits on the eejits bus in their place after mouthing off.

13 hours ago, GordonS said:

A couple of exaggerations in there. Seems Gordon likes to criticize the team /club when there is no reason to do so - strange chap.

1 hour ago, sponsorsladdie said:

Pretty sure there was not any fighting outside the ground at Forfar. When did you see a Bo’ness fan getting bottled in prestonfield?

57 minutes ago, lithgierose said:
13 hours ago, GordonS said:

Have before or since the forfar game you seen the guys who through the flares at a rose game ? The only fighting outside the ground, if you could call it that.was a real rose fan putting a couple of the eejits on the eejits bus in their place after mouthing off.

The fighting happened within 10 yards of me as I left the ground and I can assure you it wasn't what you describe. It wasn't someone getting huckled onto a bus, it was someone getting punched in the head and fighting back. I don't know who was involved and I didn't stop to look. I was in the main stand and I took a while to get round to where it happened, so it must have been a good few minutes after the final whistle. It was dark, I wasn't watching closely and I'm not facial recognition software so I would have no idea if they'd been to a game since.

The bottle smashing was maybe 6-7 years ago, it happened near the gate at the Academy end in the middle of a running skirmish. I saw it from the stand. There were police at that match and they just stood and watched, though the police van came round that side of the ground shortly after. This was at a time when there was regular disorder at the derby games, thankfully that seems to have passed. To be totally honest I can't remember now why I thought it was a Bo'nesser getting bottled, maybe it was the way the groups were moving and clustering, but that was definitely my impression at the time.

I don't like the idea of holding incidents like these against a club if they're doing all the can to prevent them and deal with them properly when they do, with the Rose definitely did and do, so I'd hope whatever happened before at Beith can't be blamed on them.

23 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

A couple of exaggerations in there. Seems Gordon likes to criticize the team /club when there is no reason to do so - strange chap.

Edited to delete reply as it's not worth the pixels.

Edited by GordonS

4 minutes ago, GordonS said:

The fighting happened within 10 yards of me as I left the ground and I can assure you it wasn't what you describe. It wasn't someone getting huckled onto a bus, it was someone getting punched in the head and fighting back. I don't know who was involved and I didn't stop to look. I was in the main stand and I took a while to get round to where it happened, so it must have been a good few minutes after the final whistle. It was dark, I wasn't watching closely and I'm not facial recognition software so I would have no idea if they'd been to a game since.

The bottle smashing was maybe 6-7 years ago, it happened near the gate at the Academy end in the middle of a running skirmish. I saw it from the stand. There were police at that match and they just stood and watched, though the police van came round that side of the ground shortly after. This was at a time when there was regular disorder at the derby games, thankfully that seems to have passed. To be totally honest I can't remember now why I thought it was a Bo'nesser getting bottled, maybe it was the way the groups were moving and clustering, but that was definitely my impression at the time.

I don't like the idea of holding incidents like these against a club if they're doing all the can to prevent them and deal with them properly when they do, with the Rose definitely did and do, so I'd hope whatever happened before at Beith can't be blamed on them.

So maybe not Rose fans then ?

48 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:

He seems to be having a bit of a meltdown all over P&B this week.

4 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Sod it, I've got poor impulse control today.

If I criticised anyone it was the neds. I didn't criticise the club at all. 

At.

All.

But it's very telling that you took it that way. Pure tribalism.

It's a waste of time telling you that I think the club responded very well to the Forfar stuff, I'm only saying it in case other, reasonable people are bothered. The interviews with officials after the game were funny, with both being very apologetic to the others. It looked to me like the clubs were left with a healthy respect for each other. And I had cause to rely on the stewards at the Stirling Albion game. They were fantastic, the head guy handled a sensitive situation perfectly. The idea I'm critical of the club in general is utterly mental and it's really weird you're trying to paint me like that. I don't understand what's wrong with folk like you, trying to start a fight for no reason.

Right, that said, hopefully I'll not take your bait again.