Linlithgow Rose 18/19

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Scottish Cup day....!!!

HTG

Just what I was thinking. There are few things finer that a good Scottish Cup run, so here's hoping we stay in it long enough for the injuries to clear up and the team to click again. 

Have to say I thought the Ref had a great game - Kyle Hall take a bow.

We started with 6 defenders on the park. With McKenzie used in a central midfield role alongside Rooster.

1st half we played well and deserved the 2-0 lead. At this point I full expected TC to get his 300th goal - but #299 and waiting..!!

The 2nd half was a non event and into the next round against Fort William.

We looked disjointed at times with to much of a gap between forwards/Midfield. Almost playing as individuals than as a team.

That said once we have a fuller squad to choose from then that's something that can be worked on.

Thought Preston keeper did pretty well as not the tallest. A few good Preston players including the young blond haired lad who went off injured, hope not a bad one.
An improved performance from recent weeks and a comfortable  win for the Rose. 
Yeah their number 10 was certainly the stick out player for Preston.

4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Have to say I thought the Ref had a great game - Kyle Hall take a bow.

We started with 6 defenders on the park. With McKenzie used in a central midfield role alongside Rooster.

1st half we played well and deserved the 2-0 lead. At this point I full expected TC to get his 300th goal - but #299 and waiting..!!

The 2nd half was a non event and into the next round against Fort William.

We looked disjointed at times with to much of a gap between forwards/Midfield. Almost playing as individuals than as a team.

That said once we have a fuller squad to choose from then that's something that can be worked on.

Hopefully tc wont be getting 300 in the next game

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

The Rose have drawn the poorest side in the senior game in the first round of the Scottish.

The Fort are on the verge of packing it in this season.  Losing 7 is a good result.

i would not be surprised if they withdraw from the competition. 

Pity cause they have a very good social club which can have 200 in it on a Saturday afternoon.

unfortunately they are still there at 10 past 3!

2 hours ago, Dreghorn said:

The Rose have drawn the poorest side in the senior game in the first round of the Scottish.

The Fort are on the verge of packing it in this season.  Losing 7 is a good result.

i would not be surprised if they withdraw from the competition. 

Pity cause they have a very good social club which can have 200 in it on a Saturday afternoon.

unfortunately they are still there at 10 past 3!

going with a fw official on rose fb page they wont be packing in before they play us.

3 hours ago, Dreghorn said:

Not sure about that, I think Tweedmouth or Inverkeithing could give them a decent contest for that title. FW beat Preston Athletic two years ago.