Linlithgow Rose 18/19

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

The squad was strenghtened and increased on last season - you can't legislate for almost a third of the squad currently being injured (including a couple of long-term).  You add in holidays throughout July and early August and any team would struggle.

I don't think Bradley has had the opportunity to pick a team not dictated by availability

Myglnn got dogs abuse for the same thing  

No mcGlynn got chased because he took a good team and turned it into dross. Last year was a massive step up on the previous two in terms of league results and performances. This year has started slow but so have some premier teams and you don't hear them calling for Rodgers head do you? ..... only seems to be the haters on here who have negative posts about the rose, one would think it jealousy or bitterness?..... which one do you fall in to?

HTG!

No mcGlynn got chased because he took a good team and turned it into dross. Last year was a massive step up on the previous two in terms of league results and performances. This year has started slow but so have some premier teams and you don't hear them calling for Rodgers head do you? ..... only seems to be the haters on here who have negative posts about the rose, one would think it jealousy or bitterness?..... which one do you fall in to?

HTG!

Except when half of them were calling for his head just a few weeks ago when they got put out of the CL then again after they got beat at Tynecastle. Think you must’ve been in your cave with your eyes shut and your fingers in your ears.

3 hours ago, gogsy said:

Which players are currently injured?

Whelan and possibly Ronald are both long-term. 

Strickland and Roddy have not kicked a ball in anger this season and not sure when they are expected back. 

McKinlay has been playing with an injury.  You add the loss of Leiper who at his own request moved to a standard where he felt he could perform at less than 100% fitness.

With the exception of McKinlay (new) the other 5 were regular starters last season.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Nice touch.

Again showing others the way off the field.   We are a family orientated club and it's only right and proper that we are supporting such an initiative and putting back into the community - it works both ways.

Well done Linlithgow Rose.

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Again showing others the way off the field.   We are a family orientated club and it's only right and proper that we are supporting such an initiative and putting back into the community - it works both ways.

Well done Linlithgow Rose.

Yup. It might seem a trivial issue, but the campaign made me wonder what my teenage daughter would do if caught out at a game. I think she might be too embarrassed to tell her auld da' and she'd go home. Even with a coin-operated machine, I wonder if she'd ask me for the money for it. It'll help a small number of women, but in a potentially meaningful way.

I hope this gets publicity locally, because it sends out a strong signal that women are welcome at the club to anyone who doesn't already know it.

We played a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card today.  The difference from last week was that we were actually creating chances and it's a shame that Tommy just wasn't taking them.  It's encouraging to see that at least he was getting into those positions and on another day he would have scored a few and we would have had a comfortable win.  Something that was the same as last week was that we lost another slapstick goal.

A late Thom header saved our blushes but despite the frustrations up front I thought there were some good individual performances and a number of good deliveries into the danger area.  It's just the finishing which isn't clicking yet. Kevin Watt had  a disappointing day in that he never even got into the positions that Tommy Coyne got into to but I was intrigued by the late substitution which put central defender McKinley up front in his place.  He actually looked as though he had the makings of a decent bustling striker.  Kyle Turnbull was effective all day and Robert Sloan brought a cool head into things and delivered telling corners including the critical one for the winner.  But, having said all that, we almost lost the game on counter-attacks near the end.  Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm still optimistic that it will all click into place.

21 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

We played a "Get Out Of Jail Free" card today.  The difference from last week was that we were actually creating chances and it's a shame that Tommy just wasn't taking them.  It's encouraging to see that at least he was getting into those positions and on another day he would have scored a few and we would have had a comfortable win.  Something that was the same as last week was that we lost another slapstick goal.

A late Thom header saved our blushes but despite the frustrations up front I thought there were some good individual performances and a number of good deliveries into the danger area.  It's just the finishing which isn't clicking yet. Kevin Watt had  a disappointing day in that he never even got into the positions that Tommy Coyne got into to but I was intrigued by the late substitution which put central defender McKinley up front in his place.  He actually looked as though he had the makings of a decent bustling striker.  Kyle Turnbull was effective all day and Robert Sloan brought a cool head into things and delivered telling corners including the critical one for the winner.  But, having said all that, we almost lost the game on counter-attacks near the end.  Maybe I shouldn't be but I'm still optimistic that it will all click into place.

A pretty fair summing up. A new league requires our old heads to perform and our new guys to step up. Watt appears to be a different guy from last season - hopefully he can turn that around. 

Agree with all of that apart from the last sentence [emoji23].

Couldn't make the game today, and without Ben's highlights I appreciate the reports. Seems to me that it's more about a lot of individual problems rather than something underlying, and that when the injuries clear up we should come (reasonably) good. In that case all that matters is scraping results and limiting harm. Next week is another game that they just have to find a way to win, and hopefully we'll be in a better place in the next round. Camelon in the league in two weeks' time will be a serious test.

Disappointed to hear that Watt wasn't great, I've been very underwhelmed by him so far. He doesn't seem capable of playing with his back to goal and he's easily brushed off the ball. He might be good in behind, but most defences sit quite deep against Rose. I worry that he's the new Connor Kelly - scores goals at clubs where he'll get chances to use his pace, but will struggle at a club that usually has most of the possession. Early days though, hopefully Bradley can find the best way to utilise him. I'd have though his best role is to do TC's running for him.

8 hours ago, GordonS said:

Couldn't make the game today, and without Ben's highlights I appreciate the reports. Seems to me that it's more about a lot of individual problems rather than something underlying, and that when the injuries clear up we should come (reasonably) good. In that case all that matters is scraping results and limiting harm. Next week is another game that they just have to find a way to win, and hopefully we'll be in a better place in the next round. Camelon in the league in two weeks' time will be a serious test.

Disappointed to hear that Watt wasn't great, I've been very underwhelmed by him so far. He doesn't seem capable of playing with his back to goal and he's easily brushed off the ball. He might be good in behind, but most defences sit quite deep against Rose. I worry that he's the new Connor Kelly - scores goals at clubs where he'll get chances to use his pace, but will struggle at a club that usually has most of the possession. Early days though, hopefully Bradley can find the best way to utilise him. I'd have though his best role is to do TC's running for him.

game was filmed