Linlithgow Rose 18/19

Please bring in a couple of strikers who can score goals! Thanks!!

Our injury list is a major concern. It never seems to improve.

We huffed and puffed against their 11, 10 and 9 men.

To many square passes or backwards and not creating chances won't help us improve.

That said LTHV are a very decent side well organised and deserved their victory.

Would Leiper be welcome back to the BU after the manner of his departure from Newtown Park.

What was the issue? Was it not just a case of being made an offer we couldn’t turn down?

No thanks.  Dodgy back, in his thirties and no loyalty.

Loyalty is near enough non-existent in football these days. A fit Leiper is as good as any centre half around at our level IMO, and he also has more years left in him than Hunter. I’d take him back.

With all the sideways passing our strikers were dropping back into midfield to get a touch of the ball meaning there were no options forward. It also crowded the midfield so we ended up getting in each others way.
Saying all that we had loads of possession and a few chances to win it when they were at full strength.

2 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Our injury list is a major concern. It never seems to improve.

We huffed and puffed against their 11, 10 and 9 men.

To many square passes or backwards and not creating chances won't help us improve.

That said LTHV are a very decent side well organised and deserved their victory.

What was the score?

Big Colin is not "done" ! A very important and influential member of any squad. I hope he can stay. A great competitor and gentlemen.

On today's result, despite it being disappointing it'll click soon.

HTG

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Leiper told the BU's and his teammates that he could no longer play football because of his injury and then a week later heads over the flints to the Rose.
Weasel behaviour.

Had should have been more honest with the BU's.

To be fair his back was fucked from carrying the rest of the BU team.

15 hours ago, Specky said:

On today's result, despite it being disappointing it'll click soon.

I hope you're right and we have to put the result in the context of LTHV being a good side but how on Earth did we not break them down when they were down to 9?  We were unlucky with shots hitting the post or being cleared off the line but that was when we were playing against 11!  There was plenty possession but a lack of flair up front.  Crosses were coming in from deep rather than from the bye-line, Tommy seemed off the pace and Kevin Watt seemed to fade out of the game (though I'm still optimistic about him).  It seemed to be a situation tailor-made for Roddy to come on to unpick the lock but maybe he was injured.

Individually we seem to have decent players but it's just not clicking yet.

On 12/08/2018 at 12:43, th1stleandr0se said:

I hope you're right and we have to put the result in the context of LTHV being a good side but how on Earth did we not break them down when they were down to 9?  We were unlucky with shots hitting the post or being cleared off the line but that was when we were playing against 11!  There was plenty possession but a lack of flair up front.  Crosses were coming in from deep rather than from the bye-line, Tommy seemed off the pace and Kevin Watt seemed to fade out of the game (though I'm still optimistic about him).  It seemed to be a situation tailor-made for Roddy to come on to unpick the lock but maybe he was injured.

Individually we seem to have decent players but it's just not clicking yet.

Like I’ve said many a time very difficult to break down LTHV if they get in front