Linlithgow Rose 18/19

3 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Kelty originally scheduled a game on Friday and Monday. They were asked by Celtic to play Sunday and agreed, playing more 20’s players than against Linlithgow btw.  Would Linlithgow rather Kelty phoned on Monday to say they didn’t have a squad available and leave them in the lurch? Usual ‘Wee team’ mentality from rose fans.

Wee team mentality? - lets compare history and honours.  Our achievements are through sheer hard work - no silver spoon required

4 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Wee team mentality? - lets compare history and honours.  Our achievements are through sheer hard work - no silver spoon required

Hard to compare when Kelty only 40 yrs old n Lithgie over 100 anyway fresh start as a non league senior team so can start comparing from now if you like ??? 

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

I’m sure Mr Harris of ACL Hire has given you nothing over the years for his sponsorship of the club...

2 hours ago, gogsy said:

Just out of interest how many first team players did Linlithgow start with?

Don’t know but Kelty have every right to play whoever was available from full and under 20s , as Tam has already said they are an integral part of the setup as well as the first team , so looks like if your good enough your old enough at Kelty 

4 hours ago, GordonS said:

This kind of tribalism pisses me off.

Nobody made Kelty schedule all those games, and obviously doing so would require a lot of squad rotation. I assume that was the intention, because otherwise it would have been stupid. When clubs set up pre-season friendlies they expect higher-level teams may use more fringe players, but clubs at a similar level will field a broadly equivalent team. The Rose v Hibs game is a perfect example; it was a leg-stretch for Hibs but a challenge for Rose. If Rose had wanted to play a lesser opponent last night they'd have arranged to play one. I watch a lot of pre-season friendlies - I'm going to Inverurie Locos v Hall Russell tonight - and this is very much what the expectations are. 

One possible consequence of playing fringe players is that it might explain some of the heavy challenges, as they were maybe trying to prove a point and get into the thinking for the first team, rather than just trying to get match-sharp. By the end it was a total mis-match and while the attacking practice was useful, it probably wasn't what the Rose expected from the game when they agreed to play it.

I didn't hear any more moaning than usual last night and there's some amount of bollocks on this thread about the game. It's not seethe, it's not rage, it's just a bit of surprise and disappointment. If there's a history between the clubs it's news to me and nothing to do with how I felt about the game.

That's me done on this.

ETA: Kelty are a class club and an example to everyone in non-league football in Scotland. Last night changes that not one iota.

Class comments mate! Let's all move on in our respective new ventures this season! 

23 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

First time I've seen a double decker for a team bus.

Kelty must have nearly 25 players stripped.

Still a bit of a gang leaving the boot in at every opportunity. Somethings will never change.

Team bus with beds on board.taking team bonding to a new level.

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

True enough.

Yeah let's forget about 2007 and start now. We'll give you a season of a head start. emoji106.png

Never look back lol onwards n upwards , wee bit more of a season start though will take your lot at least two to get to LL and by that time we might be getting promoted to the 1st who knows lol 

Never look back lol onwards n upwards , wee bit more of a season start though will take your lot at least two to get to LL and by that time we might be getting promoted to the 1st who knows lol 
Or pass us on the way down if the bubble bursts....!!

Football's a funny old game.

At least it would be one season but I'm not arrogant enough to assume that.

Enjoy your purple patch and look forward to getting you in a cup.

11 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

Whatever we achieve will be from our own endeavours - we're not really into sugar daddies. 

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Aye u are or u forgot aboot aw the years of FOLR handing cheques over? Like the wee roses masons wi a chequebook!!! #phreemmoney

Edited by Pete77