Linlithgow Rose 18/19

Love the fact that Kelty can still get the wee Rose raging even when they lose a friendly against them. Some home fans were losing the plot big time, looked like the home team were going to do a lap of honour at full time. [emoji38]
[emoji476][emoji476][emoji476]

6 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

If that’s a clear penalty we might aswell all pack up and go home. Brutal stuff. Can’t say I missed watching the Lithgae am dram society last season. They’ll need to buck up or it’ll be a long season.

Clearly hurting. Friendly as well. 

Love the fact that Kelty can still get the wee Rose raging even when they lose a friendly against them. Some home fans were losing the plot big time, looked like the home team were going to do a lap of honour at full time. [emoji38]
Give us a couple years and we'll put you back in your box. [emoji108]

Well you only beat half a team with a penalty and a lucky own goal, doesn't say much for your mob.
Ah it's only a friendly. Must have taken it down a gear when you decided to disrespect your opponents.

Hopefully we draw you in a cup before your locals destroy your pitch.

Have a good day.

8 hours ago, gogsy said:

Kelty were missing Christie, C Gay , Carstairs, Leighton, Philp, Taylor McKenzie, Greig, Courts and Cargill

Starting line up was still pretty strong with Ford, O'Neil,  Douglas, Ritchie, Husband, Hare and M Gay starting along with 3 u-20s and a young trialist. Dalziel and Nimmo came on second half with 5 ?of the Kelty u-20 team as well. (Lost track of the subs)

Not that it was needed - but you just have confirmed that while most teams work with squads of 18-20, Kelty had that  on the bench alone.  You must have the biggest squad outside of the Premier League. 

Fair play to you if your business model is generating the income to finance that size of squad. 

8 hours ago, gogsy said:

Love the fact that Kelty can still get the wee Rose raging even when they lose a friendly against them. Some home fans were losing the plot big time, looked like the home team were going to do a lap of honour at full time. :lol:

Only 5 bookings for late tackles - must have been a right result for 'The Gang'  I'm delighted we saw out the game with only the 1 injury from your approach.  

Did like the number 47 you brought on where did you get him from?

9 hours ago, gogsy said:

Lol no they didnae. Nearly as embarrassing as Bradleys foul mouth tirade at the stand side linesman as they were going in at half time. Classy from him. Eight under 20s playing for Kelty tonight, not sure if Ciaran number 4 is included in that number?  and a centre half that hasn't played for two months . We never looked like winning but Christ I thought the young guys did well.

To be fair that linesman was a total waste of space.had to count his fingers,to see if he was a fifer.

58 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

To be fair that linesman was a total waste of space.had to count his fingers,to see if he was a fifer.

That no racism pmsl

ooooo the banter hopefully see you guys again soon but will probably be years as you should stroll your league but beyond that you’ll struggle big time with that team , still you’ll get your games against the Bu so you’ll be happy 

17 minutes ago, Kelheart said:

That no racism pmsl

ooooo the banter hopefully see you guys again soon but will probably be years as you should stroll your league but beyond that you’ll struggle big time with that team , still you’ll get your games against the Bu so you’ll be happy 

If we draw the wee rose in a cup 

1 hour ago, Kelheart said:

That no racism pmsl

Whatever we achieve will be from our own endeavours - we're not really into sugar daddies. 

12 hours ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Strange decision to play that many games in as many days. Asking for injuries.

Also a bit unprofessional turning up with half a team. Fair enough if you are SPL but I for one wouldn't be arsed arranging another fixture against you to play some kids.

Exactly how I felt, I thought it was insulting. Hibs showed much more respect than Kelty Hearts even though they'd have been well entitled to field fringe players. If you want to squeeze in an additional friendly to give some young boys a run out you play your local amateur team or someone's U20s, you don't waste the time of your peers.

I doubt the fixture was arranged to play the u20’s. The first team players there were the only players fit as some injuries were picked up on Friday and Sunday. I don’t know why we agreed to play Lithgae anyways as the fans do nothing but complain about us. Don’t think last night gave much insight into the season as the style of football in the EoS and LL is completely different to that of the juniors, as the Rose will find out soon enough.

1 hour ago, Auld Heid said:

Whatever we achieve will be from our own endeavours - we're not really into sugar daddies. 

So Linlithgow would except no financial backing from any sole source ?? Find that hard to believe 

Also Kelty committee work socks off bringing in various revenue streams from many sponsors  and events so get yourselves into the 21st centuary as that is how football works now 

1 hour ago, pipedreamer said:

I don’t know why we agreed to play Lithgae anyways 

Just to be clear, the request for the match came from Kelty. It was a decent run out for both teams in the end. We're still looking at players and that was our first run out. Kelty have got some good young lads and one of the good things about these 2 teams playing is that, friendly or otherwise, there's never much "after you sir".  Which is fine. Gives folk a bit to chat about. 

Surely it's really doesn't matter who plays in a preseason friendly? The main thing is players get match practice and get some game fitness. Lots of teams will play trialists and 20s during preseason, for varying reasons, but mostly to see if they are capable of being involved throughout the season.

To suggest everyone has to play their full strength team in each friendly (or just against Linlithgow) doesn't really fit with what preseason games are all about.

2 hours ago, pipedreamer said:

I doubt the fixture was arranged to play the u20’s. The first team players there were the only players fit as some injuries were picked up on Friday and Sunday. I don’t know why we agreed to play Lithgae anyways as the fans do nothing but complain about us. Don’t think last night gave much insight into the season as the style of football in the EoS and LL is completely different to that of the juniors, as the Rose will find out soon enough.

57 minutes ago, gogsy said:

:lol::lol::lol: Heard it all now its insulting because we played some u-20 players against the wee rose. Just remember your team isn't a big fish in the wee junior pond any more, you're a diddy wee team just like the rest of us. Embrace the diddyness its fun.

Kelty started with seven outfield players with first team experience plus a reserve goalie. As its already been explained m ore players with first team experience would have been playing but were injured on Friday and Sunday. Would Linlithgow have preferred us phoning up on Sunday night or yesterday morning saying we haven't got enough players and we are going to pull out and leave you without a game? I doubt it.

This kind of tribalism pisses me off.

Nobody made Kelty schedule all those games, and obviously doing so would require a lot of squad rotation. I assume that was the intention, because otherwise it would have been stupid. When clubs set up pre-season friendlies they expect higher-level teams may use more fringe players, but clubs at a similar level will field a broadly equivalent team. The Rose v Hibs game is a perfect example; it was a leg-stretch for Hibs but a challenge for Rose. If Rose had wanted to play a lesser opponent last night they'd have arranged to play one. I watch a lot of pre-season friendlies - I'm going to Inverurie Locos v Hall Russell tonight - and this is very much what the expectations are. 

One possible consequence of playing fringe players is that it might explain some of the heavy challenges, as they were maybe trying to prove a point and get into the thinking for the first team, rather than just trying to get match-sharp. By the end it was a total mis-match and while the attacking practice was useful, it probably wasn't what the Rose expected from the game when they agreed to play it.

I didn't hear any more moaning than usual last night and there's some amount of bollocks on this thread about the game. It's not seethe, it's not rage, it's just a bit of surprise and disappointment. If there's a history between the clubs it's news to me and nothing to do with how I felt about the game.

That's me done on this.

ETA: Kelty are a class club and an example to everyone in non-league football in Scotland. Last night changes that not one iota.

Edited by GordonS

Kelty originally scheduled a game on Friday and Monday. They were asked by Celtic to play Sunday and agreed, playing more 20’s players than against Linlithgow btw.  Would Linlithgow rather Kelty phoned on Monday to say they didn’t have a squad available and leave them in the lurch? Usual ‘Wee team’ mentality from rose fans.

3 minutes ago, pipedreamer said:

Kelty originally scheduled a game on Friday and Monday. They were asked by Celtic to play Sunday and agreed, playing more 20’s players than against Linlithgow btw.  Would Linlithgow rather Kelty phoned on Monday to say they didn’t have a squad available and leave them in the lurch? Usual ‘Wee team’ mentality from rose fans.

I think that depends upon the point at which the Celtic match was scheduled. If I were Kelty I wouldn't turn that down.  With a wee bit of notice, we'd have secured alternatives with no difficulty - we had at least 2 other options this week to look at. The pressure here all ended up on Kelty rather than Linlithgow but the game was arranged on the basis that both sides would be putting out something that resembled the squad they would be using in the upcoming league season with the proviso that you'll always get a few who are getting a run out to assess them. As it turned out, both sides got enough from it.