Linlithgow Rose 18/19

I really enjoyed today. Linlithgow is a nice town with some good pubs, the ground is lovely, I think Linlithgow Rose played well and it was great meeting [mention=18442]Auld Heid[/mention] before the game. Good luck for the season ahead!
Did you actually meet him!? Lol take care hope to see you again. I noticed that auld heid bought you a pint .... never asked me tho [emoji12] [emoji23]

4 hours ago, Pete77 said:

hibs not even trying playing like a training match against under 12s 

I don't think your manager saw it that way - he seemed somewhat livid and was clearly expecting a bit more from his players. Top man before the game though! 

I don't think your manager saw it that way - he seemed somewhat livid and was clearly expecting a bit more from his players. Top man before the game though! 
Pete is obviously the village idiot.

For a supposed £5M footballer McGinn was gash. Ruari was streets ahead.

Thought the Rose were fantastic to a man. Competed well until a touch of class by Swanson. Dont think the scout from the Faroes would have been too concerned.

Hibbees in the pub were top notch and the pubs in town have made a bob or two.

All the hibs fans we spoke to were top notch, many of whom passed on their respect that we still follow our local club.

Boys done good today and I agree that rooster was top man today. On any other Saturday roddy's touch and pace would have seen him run riot against defences but the hibs full backs used their experience well and marshalled him well.

HTG.

What was the background to today's match?  Were Hibs just wanting a game to get match-fit or was there some logic in trying to play against a side who would be similar in style and level to their upcoming opponents in Europe?  Did the Rose get all or just half the gate?

Anyway, a decent show by the Rose today, beaten by 2 class finishes by Swanson.  They took the game to Hibs as well and didn't just sit back to try to keep the score down.

I really enjoyed today. Linlithgow is a nice town with some good pubs, the ground is lovely, I think Linlithgow Rose played well and it was great meeting [mention=18442]Auld Heid[/mention] before the game. Good luck for the season ahead!
Glad you enjoyed your visit. Welcome back anytime.

2 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

What was the background to today's match?  Were Hibs just wanting a game to get match-fit or was there some logic in trying to play against a side who would be similar in style and level to their upcoming opponents in Europe?  Did the Rose get all or just half the gate?

Anyway, a decent show by the Rose today, beaten by 2 class finishes by Swanson.  They took the game to Hibs as well and didn't just sit back to try to keep the score down.

All the gate I heard.and if true,what a gesture from hibs.

24 minutes ago, th1stleandr0se said:

Hibs came to us for the game. They were looking for somewhere handy to kick off their Europa League preparations. At the point where the game was first discussed we were looking at pay at the gate and Hibs are probably not going to stand or fall for a gate share in the low thousands. Going to tickets didn't really change that. Goes without saying we're both grateful and pleased that they opted to come through. It's a shame the weather has been so difficult - we'd obviously have liked a bit more give in the ground.

12 hours ago, HTG said:

He saw it exactly that way hence why he was livid and expecting more.

11 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Pete is obviously the village idiot.

For a supposed £5M footballer McGinn was gash. Ruari was streets ahead.

Thought the Rose were fantastic to a man. Competed well until a touch of class by Swanson. Dont think the scout from the Faroes would have been too concerned.

Hibbees in the pub were top notch and the pubs in town have made a bob or two.

Quite the keyboard warrior on here aren’t you? Maybe introduce yourself when and if our sides next meet and whether you’ve the cajones to make village idiot comments again. 

Quite the keyboard warrior on here aren’t you? Maybe introduce yourself when and if our sides next meet and whether you’ve the cajones to make village idiot comments again. 
No problem wee man. Looking forward too it.

He won’t, he will probably go to the Hamilton game that day.

No problem wee man. Looking forward too it.

[emoji1]