Linlithgow Rose 18/19

1 minute ago, FuzzyBear said:
13 minutes ago, GordonS said:
WHEN that gets done??? Please tell me this isn't in anyone's thinking.

Why shouldn't it be in the club's thoughts.

Because loads of kids kick balls around there, and their parents really appreciate that they can. The ground is plenty big enough and there's stacks of terracing round three sides of the pitch. Having space for kids to run around and enjoy themselves is one of the best things about non-league football.

If you're in any doubt, go and ask the kids and their parents if they want concrete steps at that end.

Because loads of kids kick balls around there, and their parents really appreciate that they can. The ground is plenty big enough and there's stacks of terracing round three sides of the pitch. Having space for kids to run around and enjoy themselves is one of the best things about non-league football.
If you're in any doubt, go and ask the kids and their parents if they want concrete steps at that end.
You have already said we would need more than our capacity if we drew a big club but now say the ground is plenty big enough.

I don't think it's something that will happen in the near future. However it is certainly the next logical improvement to Prestonfield.

Far from being a spoil sport - kids shouldn't really be playing with a ball whilst a game is in progress. Balls inadvertently land on the park etc.

I know it's a minor issue and one largely overlooked by the club in their continued attempts to attract more youngsters.

25 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
34 minutes ago, GordonS said:

You have already said we would need more than our capacity if we drew a big club but now say the ground is plenty big enough.

I didn't say anything of the kind.

20 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

I don't think it's something that will happen in the near future. However it is certainly the next logical improvement to Prestonfield.

Far from being a spoil sport - kids shouldn't really be playing with a ball whilst a game is in progress. Balls inadvertently land on the park etc.

I know it's a minor issue and one largely overlooked by the club in their continued attempts to attract more youngsters.

Balls hardly ever land on the park during play, and it should definitely be overlooked. This is the most family friendly thing about Prestonfield, and about non-league football in general. There have been kids playing with a ball at the vast majority of non-league matches I've ever been to. And as those kids get older and their attention span improves they gradually play less and watch more, becoming fans who'll keep coming back.

I'd say the next logical improvement would be cover at the social club end. If it were possible just to bolt it to the wall it could be done pretty cheaply. As most of the space under the current cover is flat, there's actually not that much covered standing in the ground.

You said there were 2153 at Forfar game and we would have bigger demand for big game. It has been said on this thread 2200 is capacity and you said ground plenty big enough.

I take it the bigger demand you had in mind was less than 47 folk.

You said there were 2153 at Forfar game and we would have bigger demand for big game. It has been said on this thread 2200 is capacity and you said ground plenty big enough.

I take it the bigger demand you had in mind was less than 47 folk.
Read the thing again. I was talking about the handling of ticket sales.

8 minutes ago, FuzzyBear said:
21 minutes ago, GordonS said:
Read the thing again. I was talking about the handling of ticket sales.

Rocket !!

Whit? I said fans could have very unfairly missed out if it were a bigger match because tickets went on sale earlier than they said on Twitter, HTG said there's no bigger game, I gave an example of a bigger game. 

Not rocket science, just read the thread.

Whit? I said fans could have very unfairly missed out if it were a bigger match because tickets went on sale earlier than they said on Twitter, HTG said there's no bigger game, I gave an example of a bigger game. 
Rocket !

58 minutes ago, GordonS said:

Forfar wasn't a bigger game in terms of levels of interest. It was 2153 using pay at the gate. If we'd left this one we could have been looking at 3000 plus. I've already explained why we didn't give the earlier time on twitter until we knew the tickets were definitely available to be picked up. I've also explained that this would be easier organised during the normal season. Ideally we'd have had everything done a bit quicker but there were key people unavailable all of the week before last from both clubs. 

To be honest, I can't really believe the level of fuss - clearly any number of people saw the social media updates given how many made their way to the doors of the club. 

As for the banking, I suspect we need to regroup as a club having upgraded our facilities for the less able supporters over the summer. But there's no reason not to do it. We run a football stadium not a swing park. There is potential to terrace and leave grass at the top on the flat. There's also potential to put a covered area up. There's lots of potential frankly. 

2 minutes ago, HTG said:

Forfar wasn't a bigger game in terms of levels of interest. It was 2153 using pay at the gate. If we'd left this one we could have been looking at 3000 plus. I've already explained why we didn't give the earlier time on twitter until we knew the tickets were definitely available to be picked up. I've also explained that this would be easier organised during the normal season. Ideally we'd have had everything done a bit quicker but there were key people unavailable all of the week before last from both clubs. 

To be honest, I can't really believe the level of fuss - clearly any number of people saw the social media updates given how many made their way to the doors of the club. 

I wouldn't have gone back to it if Fuzzy hadn't misquoted me. And my point was that if we got a Championship or Premier league team in the cup, we'd have even more interest. But I was done.

We run a football stadium not a swing park.

You could speak to the people who use that area of the ground and find out what matters to them. Don't assume everybody is at the games with the same outlook as you. It's a football stadium for a non-league team in a small town, it's not Hampden Park. Bear in mind that if the kids are happy, the dads are much more likely to come; if the kids don't want to come, some of those dads won't either. I was taking my daughter to Prestonfield long before I was taking her to Hampden or Murrayfield.

Btw, Musselburgh literally have a small playpark in their ground, just at the corner where you come in the gate, and most grounds at this level have a decent-sized area for kids to play.

Everybody = 3 people on this thread.
You are an absolute roaster. I spoke to about a dozen fans in the pub earlier and all were happy with the way the club have handled this. You are the only one trying to make an issue when there isnt one.

14 minutes ago, GordonS said:

I wouldn't have gone back to it if Fuzzy hadn't misquoted me. And my point was that if we got a Championship or Premier league team in the cup, we'd have even more interest. But I was done.

You could speak to the people who use that area of the ground and find out what matters to them. Don't assume everybody is at the games with the same outlook as you. It's a football stadium for a non-league team in a small town, it's not Hampden Park. Bear in mind that if the kids are happy, the dads are much more likely to come; if the kids don't want to come, some of those dads won't either. I was taking my daughter to Prestonfield long before I was taking her to Hampden or Murrayfield.

Btw, Musselburgh literally have a small playpark in their ground, just at the corner where you come in the gate, and most grounds at this level have a decent-sized area for kids to play.

Gordon, I speak to dozens and dozens of people at Linlithgow week in and week out. What suits you and some others doesn't necessarily suit a lot of other people. You talk about "bigger" games.  At the moment it's far from straightforward to implement segregation at Linlithgow.  It can be done but only with risk. It would be far easier with 4 sides properly finished. 

I've seen you make the same point dozens of times about what the Rose are and what they are not. Nothing stands still. Some will come in, some will move on. Circle of life. And I've already seen us having to deal with the impacts of that banking in a major Scottish Cup tie - I wouldn't like to see it twice.