• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
drs

Camelon Juniors 2018-19

Hello there.

Its been several months since Camelon Juniors were admitted into the EoS so lets get this show on the road now that some cups have been drawn.

Yes the club are keeping the Junior tag, don't see any problem with that - its not as exotic as Shipyard or indeed Bluebell but it'll do.

This is going to be interesting, fun, exciting and who knows where it will all end up over the next few years.....

10 minutes ago, drs said:

Hello there.

Its been several months since Camelon Juniors were admitted into the EoS so lets get this show on the road now that some cups have been drawn.

Yes the club are keeping the Junior tag, don't see any problem with that - its not as exotic as Shipyard or indeed Bluebell but it'll do.

This is going to be interesting, fun, exciting and who knows where it will all end up over the next few years.....

And what about Rose (Big)?

Any old tart can call themselves Rose! ;)

Anyway, league for next season - 

Conference C -

Preston - never been
Heriot Watt - never been
Stirling Uni - been past plenty of times but never been to ground
Ormiston - never been
Linlithgow - never heard of them ;)

Broxburn - a familiar face

Camelon - a very familiar face
Jeanfield - a familiar face and a trip to Perthshire
Blackburn - interesting
St Andrews - very interesting
Edinburgh Utd - been once, took me about 3 years to find the ground though
Craigroyston - never been
Inverkeithing
  - the new kids on the block, one to look forward to.

That looks an interesting league, teams we know, teams we've seen in the past, new clubs from the existing EoS and a club that will be a new face for everyone in the league. Should be a great fight to get into the top league for 2019, 

BRING

IT

ON!

East of Scotland Qualifying League

Section E. 1, Camelon; 2, Dunbar; 3, Eyemouth; 4, Edinburgh United.

Which I think throws up - Camelon v Dunbar, Camelon v Edinburgh and Eyemouth v Camelon

Right, lets get to the most interesting thing about this league -

where are the best pubs in close proximity to Preston, Heriot Watt, Ormiston and Inverkeithing? None of that Belhaven or Wetherspoons facile chain nonsense, proper old mans pubs with spit, sawdust and character.

I got a really warm welcome when I came along towards the end of the season, so I'll be making an effort to get back for a few games in the EoS campaign. Good luck folks!

On 07/06/2018 at 22:38, drs said:

where are the best pubs in close proximity to Preston, Heriot Watt, Ormiston and Inverkeithing? None of that Belhaven or Wetherspoons facile chain nonsense, proper old mans pubs with spit, sawdust and character.

Junior thread for that p*/$#

Yer in the East now son, salt n sauce for you!!

14 hours ago, drs said:

Yer in the East now son, salt n sauce for you!!

You will be lost in Perth round about now

On 07/06/2018 at 21:48, drs said:

Blackburn - interesting
St Andrews - very interesting

Pfffft, all they have is a University, we've got Susan Boyle, surely that deserves a very interesting as well?

St Andrews also has the highest % of Pringle jumper owners per square mile anywhere in the world, can Blackburn top that?

On 07/06/2018 at 22:38, drs said:

Preston sell drink (bottles) in the bar at the ground. They also have the legion just behind the goals. 

Stirling uni eos at gannochy middle o nowhere up in posh bridge of Allen.

Not much out heriot watt way either. 

Ormiston haven't been to for years.

Must be plenty boozers inverkeithing and Dunbar.

Im sure Heed the baa will give u answers for eyemouth I got train to Berwick then 10 mins bus ride.

Enjoy yer new adventure :guinness

St Andrews also has the highest % of Pringle jumper owners per square mile anywhere in the world, can Blackburn top that?
We probably have a high percentage of Buckie drinkers, will that do?

Sent from my SM-G960F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

9 minutes ago, newcastle broon said:

Preston sell drink (bottles) in the bar at the ground. They also have the legion just behind the goals. 

Stirling uni eos at gannochy middle o nowhere up in posh bridge of Allen.

Not much out heriot watt way either. 

Ormiston haven't been to for years.

Must be plenty boozers inverkeithing and Dunbar.

Im sure Heed the baa will give u answers for eyemouth I got train to Berwick then 10 mins bus ride.

Enjoy yer new adventure :guinness

I've been to Dunbar and Stirling Uni afore, Dunbar I found myself somewhere I'll call quaint. Stirling Uni is a 25 minute walk back into town or 15 minutes to BoA station and then the train back to civilization ;)

2 minutes ago, Burnie_man said:

We probably have a high percentage of Buckie drinkers, will that do?

I'm still raging from winning 3rd prize in the half time draw at Blackburn last season and winning money when the 4th prize was a steak pie.  :(

I'm still raging from winning 3rd prize in the half time draw at Blackburn last season and winning money when the 4th prize was a steak pie. 
I make that point every week. I once won 2nd prize of £10, but the steak pie winner refused to swap, so I went up to the butchers and bought one plus a few scotch pies with my winnings. Heady days.

Signing news,

Camelon Juniors are pleased to announce the signing of 23 year old forward Kieran Anderson from Broxburn Athletic. Manager Gordon Herd said he was “over the moon to get Kieran. We tried to get him last season but he decided to stay at Broxburn. He’s caused us no end of problems every time he’s played against us so its great we have him on our side now. He gives us a new dimension to how we can play and I can’t wait to see him in a Camelon jersey.”

Kieran had spent the last three years at Broxburn and has previously been at Bo’ness and Stenhousemuir, where he started in the under 20’s.

who joins another "new" signing,

Camelon Juniors are pleased to announce the signing of 19 year old midfielder Connor McMullan from Stirling Albion.  The young Dunipace born player, who signed his first pro contract last June, has come through the Binos Youth Development programme for a number of years.

Manager Gordon Herd said he was “delighted to get Connor signed up.  He showed up really well in the bounce game we organised the other week and has played several games for Stirling Albion’s first team this season.  He gives us another dimension to the team with his ability.”

He was on loan at Cumbernauld Colts in the 2nd half of the season.

Edited by drs

Never knew what you were getting with Kieran when he was at the BU's. In some games he was a 9/10 and in others 3/10. I had heard that he was a better more consistent player these days so you may have made a great signing.

Sent from my XT1039 using Pie and Bovril mobile app