Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

20 hours ago, drs said:

If only there had been previous proof of that...….say in the East Juniors superleague.

I played in kegs Camelon team I feel your referring too winning the league cup at linlithgow v linlithgow we falsoo inished second behind Bonnyrigg in the league ! Not to bad.

20 minutes ago, paul999 said:

I played in kegs Camelon team I feel your referring too winning the league cup at linlithgow v linlithgow we falsoo inished second behind Bonnyrigg in the league ! Not to bad.

Kegs was the assistant Denham was the manager that year. 

Just now, AlanCamelonfan said:

Kegs was the assistant Denham was the manager that year. 

Kegs was manager when we won that trophy, might be right though regards league.

1 minute ago, paul999 said:

Kegs was manager when we won that trophy, might be right though regards league.

It was the league for definite remember the cup game wasn't sure who the manager was for it

Was Kerrigan the Assistant when Bo'ness won the Superleague 4-5 year's ago? 

Yes. In 2014

5 minutes ago, John S said:

Yes. In 2014

Thought that John, I seen a few games that season and seemed to remember him in the dugout. 

Were you asleep during our three Super League title-winning seasons in that intervening period.  No, of course not, you were probably at Ibrox.

Reading the report on Scotland schoolboys v Patrick Thistle youngsters Tiwi Deramola appears to have had a cracking game. Heard on Saturday that he is only on loan to the BU's until end of January. Hopefully his parent club can be persuaded to let him stay until the end of the season.

I think it's only the shady part of the pitch that is covered. It's to be cold again tonight so I think we'll be hearing of a morning inspection.

37 minutes ago, boness4ever said:

The goalmouths were covered earlier

Fingers crossed

I will stake my reputation as the top P&B Weatherman that the BU game will be ON. Just been out walking the last hour and I feel there's a wee spot of rain coming before midnight followed by cloudy skies.
A very cold miserable day tomorrow but I reckon Newtown Park will be okay for the game.
Mon the thaw !!!

Just catching up on this thread and wanted to say something about the multiple teams in the town thing from a few pages back.

There are two non-league senior/ junior clubs in each of Banff, Keith, Inverurie, Nairn, Buckie, Forres and Fraserburgh. I don't know how people feel about them locally but I've been to a few and I doubt there's much conflict or competition. If anything I'd expect that they are complementary. There's a big gulf in standard - just as in the north, I don't think many folk who watch a team of the standard of BU would be interested in a quasi-amatuer team.