Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

That makes the most sense.  Anything else isn't really a 'key issue'

If you a looking for a fully licenced ground - Prestonfield of Dreams is available at £1k per game to hire.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
That makes the most sense.  Anything else isn't really a 'key issue'
Hardly merit a members meeting.the club would just have to inform the eosfl where they will be playing.surely the members can trust the committee to pick the most economical venue for the club.i was talking to an auld timer from boness,(doesn't follow football) what he said about Newtown park and old mine workings might land the pitch in a hole literally.if heavy earth moving machines need to be used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
If you a looking for a fully licenced ground - Prestonfield of Dreams is available at £1k per game to hire.
£1k is not unreasonable if you throw in an all you can eat deal at the pie hut.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lithgierose said:
4 hours ago, Jambo said:
That makes the most sense.  Anything else isn't really a 'key issue'

Hardly merit a members meeting.the club would just have to inform the eosfl where they will be playing.surely the members can trust the committee to pick the most economical venue for the club.i was talking to an auld timer from boness,(doesn't follow football) what he said about Newtown park and old mine workings might land the pitch in a hole literally.if heavy earth moving machines need to be used

All conjecture just now but maybe the committee wish to gauge members' opinions on the options and costs open to the club.  Especially if any distance may be involved.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Auld Heid said:

If you a looking for a fully licenced ground - Prestonfield of Dreams is available at £1k per game to hire.

Is that how much you quoted Whitehill Welfare at start of the season? Robbing barstewards.:)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a thought...  if one of the amateur teams was to step up and call themselves Bo'ness United and play in the Junior's.... would they take priority at Newtown ?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Bo'ness United said:

Just a thought...  if one of the amateur teams was to step up and call themselves Bo'ness United and play in the Junior's.... would they take priority at Newtown ?

 

That's a little random just to be a thought......Care to expand on what seems to be a runner.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This doesn't answer the priority question but sets out the background.

The NPA had from the outset made it clear that Newtown Park would remain the home of the local professional football team. This was repeated in a later Facebook posting when they expanded it to "home of the local professional football team and be used by Boness United Community Football Club and the people of Bo'ness".

Personally I think the more teams playing football at Newtown Park the better.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Bo'ness United said:

Just a thought...  if one of the amateur teams was to step up and call themselves Bo'ness United and play in the Junior's.... would they take priority at Newtown ?

 

No .. Bo’ness united have been gauranteed Saturday afternoon slot when at home this has been in place since start. 

Deanburn Dave says about more teams the better I think more teams with bo’ness links the better 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is nothing wrong with having as many teams as can be filled in the town.  However, the problems come with status.  In an ideal world, United would be top side and have an under-20's running as well, then the community club age groups should follow.  Simple.

It's when you get a former amateur team wanting to turn junior that the problems start.  As I've stated before, if the junior game is to be swallowed up by the pyramid, sooner or later, how can Bo'ness realistically support two senior sides.  By support I don't just mean at the gate but in all aspects of fundraising.  Splitting resources is not going to work. 

We are United for a reason and that should be remembered by those wishing to start up anew and perhaps by certain members of the committee also, who have at times had tenuous relationships with those, who in essence just want success for Bo'ness.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

There is nothing wrong with having as many teams as can be filled in the town.  However, the problems come with status.  In an ideal world, United would be top side and have an under-20's running as well, then the community club age groups should follow.  Simple.

It's when you get a former amateur team wanting to turn junior that the problems start.  As I've stated before, if the junior game is to be swallowed up by the pyramid, sooner or later, how can Bo'ness realistically support two senior sides.  By support I don't just mean at the gate but in all aspects of fundraising.  Splitting resources is not going to work. 

We are United for a reason and that should be remembered by those wishing to start up anew and perhaps by certain members of the committee also, who have at times had tenuous relationships with those, who in essence just want success for Bo'ness.

How many age groups does the community football club have At present does anybody know  what is relationship like between both groups

does bo’ness united havd the desire to run an under 20’s  

the junior league will join pyramid system but what effect will that have on any potential junior team and senior team   None really different pathways surely 

I can’t speak for committee of bo’ness and relationships with others but more bo’ness teams pulling together is better than one now that is a united set up 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the plan is to field a Bo'ness Juniors team that is insane. Junior football wont exist in a year or two's time, and as such Bo'ness will have two clubs in the same league set-up chasing the same money and fans. Crazy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

There is nothing wrong with having as many teams as can be filled in the town.  However, the problems come with status.  In an ideal world, United would be top side and have an under-20's running as well, then the community club age groups should follow.  Simple.

It's when you get a former amateur team wanting to turn junior that the problems start.  As I've stated before, if the junior game is to be swallowed up by the pyramid, sooner or later, how can Bo'ness realistically support two senior sides.  By support I don't just mean at the gate but in all aspects of fundraising.  Splitting resources is not going to work. 

We are United for a reason and that should be remembered by those wishing to start up anew and perhaps by certain members of the committee also, who have at times had tenuous relationships with those, who in essence just want success for Bo'ness.

Good post that sums things up. Two semi-professional teams trying to raise money in one town doesn't make any sense to me. However it's all just rumour at this time and we will have to wait and see.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

If the plan is to field a Bo'ness Juniors team that is insane. Junior football wont exist in a year or two's time, and as such Bo'ness will have two clubs in the same league set-up chasing the same money and fans. Crazy.

Totally agree with this - however your post is just a narrower view on what I have previously aluded to.  Scotland has too many teams fighting for a share of a small population pot and limited finances - a view which was lambasted on the pyramid thread ("there will be as many teams as players willing to play")

The whole pyramid system (to me) seems to be leagues and teams (and ERSJFA) making up things as they go along.  Teams joined the EoS for no other reason than in many cases because they could. 

Yet many including current teams won't be licensed anytime soon - a proper pyramid won't work without agreed rules & regulations in place first - a flaw  highlighted in that quite possibly the team winning the EoS may not gain promotion but a team who didn't does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, Auld Heid said:

Totally agree with this - however your post is just a narrower view on what I have previously aluded to.  Scotland has too many teams fighting for a share of a small population pot and limited finances - a view which was lambasted on the pyramid thread ("there will be as many teams as players willing to play")

The whole pyramid system (to me) seems to be leagues and teams (and ERSJFA) making up things as they go along.  Teams joined the EoS for no other reason than in many cases because they could. 

Yet many including current teams won't be licensed anytime soon - a proper pyramid won't work without agreed rules & regulations in place first - a flaw  highlighted in that quite possibly the team winning the EoS may not gain promotion but a team who didn't does.

I don’t think this underlines the fact that there are too many teams, and I agree with the view that there will be as many teams in the Pyramid as the system allows with everyone finding their natural level. However we’re a long way from that as it currently stands, it’s a bit of a mess as the SFA fail to comprehend the issues involved.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I don’t think this underlines the fact that there are too many teams, and I agree with the view that there will be as many teams in the Pyramid as the system allows with everyone finding their natural level. However we’re a long way from that as it currently stands, it’s a bit of a mess as the SFA fail to comprehend the issues involved.
 
So if I set up another EoS or junior team in Blackburn that's ok?

When does it become unrealistic?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Auld Heid said:

So if I set up another EoS or junior team in Blackburn that's ok?

When does it become unrealistic?

The point being of course that in a fully functioning Pyramid, that new team would start at something like tier 10 or 11, and therefore basically amateur level and work their way up if capable. Blackburn have had amateur teams in the past (even played games on the 3G as part of the CC before folding last year) as have Bo'ness and Linlithgow, operating at a completely different level and a completely different cost structure. They weren't rivals.

Dropping a new team into what we have currently, at basically the same level, would be completely daft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Burnie_man said:

The point being of course that in a fully functioning Pyramid, that new team would start at something like tier 10 or 11, and therefore basically amateur level and work their way up if capable. Blackburn have had amateur teams in the past (even played games on the 3G as part of the CC before folding last year) as have Bo'ness and Linlithgow, operating at a completely different level and a completely different cost structure. They weren't rivals.

Dropping a new team into what we have currently, at basically the same level, would be completely daft.

 

I agree that's how it should be - but  what is effectively happened/happening now with Bo'ness - two teams potentially at similar levels purely by application fighting over the same pot of supporters/fans - that's wrong.

Tier 10 - 11 doesn't exist so teams are jumping creating  a bottleneck of teams at the same level (tier 6).  Yes they will all eventually rise/fall to the correct level - but what damage does that create whilst teams sort themselves out. 

That's why you require a robust application processes rather than just accepting teams - only Linlithgow had a licence of all the new teams joining the EoS and others have good intentions with some clubs making better progress than others towards  licensing (no licence = no progression = pyramid fails)

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...