Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

Well then, you're wrong, that's ok though.

In terms of the reality of the game in stats, first half Dunipace keeper had 1 save and the goal, BU keeper had 1 save and the goal. Neither side had any real clear chances, closest you could say was Tiwi on 50 minutes (first half) when Pace were down to 10 with an injury.

1-1 about right first half.

Second half BU's had 8 efforts on goal, 1 of which hit the post and had 2 1v1. Dunipace had 7 efforts on goal, 1 of which the BU keeper tipped into the bar and also had 1 1v1 that was saved. They also had stone wall penalty denied at 3-1, in the lead up to the second goal, which would also have brought a red card and could have changed the latter stages.

I get you are a BU fan, but I've just watched the game a second time so can tell you absolutely that those are the stats.

On the Tiwi getting kicked point, not sure what point you're making, but it's something the young lad will need to get used to as he's that sort of player I'm afraid (and this is a compliment). Much like MacPherson (Pace number 7). He has such quick feet and great pace that he gets beyond pressure well and draws fouls. Nothing much malicious, he just had ability that others don't to be able to shift the ball out of tackles where he can. He does well just to get up and get on with it to his credit, but that said none of the fouls against him were as brutal as the one against Greg.

15 minutes ago, gaz5 said:

Well then, you're wrong, that's ok though. emoji6.png

In terms of the reality of the game in stats, first half Dunipace keeper had 1 save and the goal, BU keeper had 1 save and the goal. Neither side had any real clear chances, closest you could say was Tiwi on 50 minutes (first half) when Pace were down to 10 with an injury.

Second half BU's had 8 efforts on goal, 1 of which hit the post and had 2 1v1. Dunipace had 7 efforts on goal, 1 of which the BU keeper tipped into the bar and also had 1 1v1 that was saved. They also had stone wall penalty denied at 3-1, in the lead up to the second goal, which would also have brought a red card and could have changed the latter stages.

I get you are a BU fan, but I've just watched the game a second time so can tell you absolutely that those are the stats.

On the Tiwi getting kicked point, not sure what point you're making, but it's something the young lad will need to get used to as he's that sort of player I'm afraid (and this is a compliment). Much like MacPherson (Pace number 7). He has such quick feet and great pace that he gets beyond pressure well and draws fouls. Nothing much malicious, he just had ability that others don't to be able to shift the ball out of tackles where he can. He does well just to get up and get on with it to his credit, but that said none of the fouls against him were as brutal as the one against Greg.

Bo’ness hit the post in the 1st half you forgot that 

The only thing I feel the referee got way wrong was in not awarding a penalty seconds before Dunipaces second goal. A clear foul and justice was done when the winger put the ball away. Think it was the same guy (mcpherson?) who landed badly after the foul by Gemmell after roughly 40 seconds, glad he was able to continue and had a good game.

The players were saying afterwards it's a good surface to play on, hopefully our project in a few months turns out as well as Westfield has.

You fail to mention Gemmel being fouled in the lead up to Dunipace second goal or Donnelly being pushed which in the Dunipace box in front of the ref which should have been a penalty.
You say BU only hit woodwork once when they had two off the woodwork. Have you only watched the game partially?
The stats you have given are not fact as you have omitted certainly an effort off the post and the penalty Donnelly should have received. Also you say Dunipace should have had a penalty without mentioning the player that goes through Gemmell prior.
On the balance of play 7 or 8-2 would have been a truer reflection of the game, you were also wrong to assume I’m a Bo’ness fan.

Sorry Sheep, you are correct. I do have it written down on my sheet bizarrely, just haven't included in above when typing it out. I couldnt get a job as a club secretary, teamlines would be a mess

Still, adding that in doesn't change the point I was making about the game overall. In terms of efforts on goal, it wasn't the one sided affair being portrayed by some, despite the BU's deserving their win.

Never a 5. 2 game  A cant understand why they would play a back 3 and putting hunter on the left side of the 3 

Sorry Sheep, you are correct. I do have it written down on my sheet bizarrely, just haven't included in above when typing it out. I couldnt get a job as a club secretary, teamlines would be a mess

Still, adding that in doesn't change the point I was making about the game overall. In terms of efforts on goal, it wasn't the one sided affair being portrayed by some, despite the BU's deserving their win.

It highlights you omitted facts when you gave your stats, you also ignored the Donnelly incident but keep in why you say was a penalty to Dunipace, had they got the penalty it might only have been 5-1, had Gemmell been awarded the free kick there would have been no penalty incident.
It is understandable that you give a one sided view as you are after all a Dunipace supporter.

Maybe watch the game a third time then. We hit the post twice second half. Tiwi shot and a Shirra header.

You fail to mention Gemmel being fouled in the lead up to Dunipace second goal or Donnelly being pushed which in the Dunipace box in front of the ref which should have been a penalty.

You say BU only hit woodwork once when they had two off the woodwork. Have you only watched the game partially?

The stats you have given are not fact as you have omitted certainly an effort off the post and the penalty Donnelly should have received. Also you say Dunipace should have had a penalty without mentioning the player that goes through Gemmell prior.

On the balance of play 7 or 8-2 would have been a truer reflection of the game, you were also wrong to assume I’m a Bo’ness fan.

Guess we'll need to agree to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. I think 3-2 would have been a closer reflection, which was the consensus from most I spoke to after the game including a couple of BU players, you thought more. That's fine.

I've had the "pleasure" of watching the game fully again (now onto watching the video a second time in full, as most know I do after every game) and I've not changed my mind nearly at half time on the second run through.

See above, I omitted the post in the first half in error, though I had it written down, I didn't count "post" first half fit some reason. Rest of the figures are correct.

Gemmel was not fouled in run up to Dunipace second goal, no idea where you got that idea from. He just makes a mess of it.

No idea what incident you are claiming Donnelly was pushed, don't remember it live and didn't see anything, or any claims, on first full review. No one mentioned it after the game or on here either. When was it I'll look closer at the video?

No one "went through" Gemmel prior to the Dunipace penalty claim. It was a slack pass by his own teammate, Dunipace player got there first and was fouled in the area. Gemmel picked up the ball and made a mess of it which led to the second goal.

I've assumed your a BU follower, yes, based on the content of your posts and a clear leaning (bordering on blue tinted specs ) towards the away side. If you're not a BU follower, I'd be fairly surprised.

It highlights you omitted facts when you gave your stats, you also ignored the Donnelly incident but keep in why you say was a penalty to Dunipace, had they got the penalty it might only have been 5-1, had Gemmell been awarded the free kick there would have been no penalty incident.
It is understandable that you give a one sided view as you are after all a Dunipace supporter.
I'm not a Dunipace supporter.

It was Gemmell at centrehalf that baffled me. Surely McMullen or MacDonald should have paired up with Hunter.
Far too much faffing about at the back .

22 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Never a 5. 2 game  A cant understand why they would play a back 3 and putting hunter on the left side of the 3 

Sheep who was the guy doing the coaching on the far side

That was me! Thought I did a good job! Good result once the lads started listening!

1 minute ago, 8MileBU said:

That was me! Thought I did a good job in the end once the players started listening!

None of them listened to you you were mince one of your players told me that I agreed

None of them listened to you you were mince one of your players told me that I agreed

They did so listen! What I told them to do paid off and I take full credit for the tactical tweaks that changed the game resulting in a 5-2 victory!

39 minutes ago, Mr Prez said:

Don’t know :whistle

9 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

Don’t know :whistle

Thanks for your honesty big yin credit to your club unlike some:P