Bo'ness United 2018/19

43 minutes ago, John S said:

I can see the logic of having two semi professional football teams playing out of Newtown Park, chasing the same sponsors, fans and public generally for cash - NOT! I thought this was December and not April. 

Exactly this! :lol:

So what we know so far is that this rumour definitely originated in Linlithgow.

54 minutes ago, John S said:

I can see the logic of having two semi professional football teams playing out of Newtown Park, chasing the same sponsors, fans and public generally for cash - NOT! I thought this was December and not April. 

Or, alternatively, focus on the positives... increased sponsor base, increased support base and increased opportunity for home grown talent to develop into the senior team and save on transfer and player fees....

10 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Exactly this! :lol:

So what we know so far is that this rumour definitely originated in Linlithgow.

If any truth in rumour and truth in it surely all parties will have ironed out any issues you guys are talking about 

i heard rumour in bo’ness 

its definate December the man in imaginary red suit be here soon lol 

If you read the pyramid threads the sense of such situations don't seem to matter.

It all seems to be about having more teams and to hell with common sense.

Or, alternatively, focus on the positives... increased sponsor base, increased support base and increased opportunity for home grown talent to develop into the senior team and save on transfer and player fees....
U20 team in the EofS League will do that. Next logical step for the BUs

6 minutes ago, John S said:
54 minutes ago, Sure & Stedfast said:

U20 team in the EofS League will do that. Next logical step for the BUs

Yes probably right an under 20 team be good IF BU Persue this haven’t so far and no movement to do so 

Linlithgow Amateurs?

They were well linked with Bo'ness previously and could be a natural step for them.
Auld Heid has hit the nail on the heid.

My source told me weeks ago that a number of the Linlithgow Thistle players were told that from next season they planned to be playing as Bo'ness Juniors and be based at Newtown Park.
I would imagine that Linlithgow Thistle are monitoring the ERSJFA/EoSFL situation before making a final decision on their future.

Wouldn't it be great if Newtown Park was a busy hub for Football in the town. Youngsters of all ages playing on a 3G pitch getting coaching and encouragement through the age groups in the BUCFC. Then players moving up to Youth Football, under 20 football and then Junior (if still around) and Senior levels.
Add to that girls/women's teams , walking football for the over 40's, 50's etc and Newtown Park would be at the centre of the community.

If the various groups get their heads together, forgive and forget the past and move on for the common good a lot can be achieved.

5 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Wouldn't it be great if Newtown Park was a busy hub for Football in the town. Youngsters of all ages playing on a 3G pitch getting coaching and encouragement through the age groups in the BUCFC. Then players moving up to Youth Football, under 20 football and then Junior (if still around) and Senior levels.
Add to that girls/women's teams , walking football for the over 40's, 50's etc and Newtown Park would be at the centre of the community.

If the various groups get their heads together, forgive and forget the past and move on for the common good a lot can be achieved.

Dave well done a man that might have the vision on potential of hub at newtown if anybody ever in doubt of work that could be achieved speak to members of BUCFC. I know a few supporters of BU and united club were along at murries in summer and my contact says it’s impressive set up  which has potential to support BU 

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

That sounds a fantastic thing if it can be achieved. 

Rumours of new teams aside what is the definitive side of getting the new pitch in place as, if memory serves right, that requires all of the above plus a lot of money.