Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

One opponent to look out for tomorrow is striker Dean Crabbe, the son of former Hearts player Scott.

They are a young team and will have lots of energy but let us hope the guys have been practising in front of goal this week!

A work-mate who plays for a side in a different conference asked me today how we didn't score at least seven at the weekend.
He'd watched the highlights and commented on the number of balls going across the face of goal and not being converted. Reassuring that I was not just watching the game from a BU bias.
Tomorrow we play a side just scudded 9-1 at home and now managerless.  We all know results like that don't happen two weeks in a row and their boys will be fighting doubly hard.  Our forwards need to be doing what they are paid for and hit a handful at any rate.

Probably the most frustrating thing about the BU for about five years! We’ve never been bad at getting the ball in the box....

One opponent to look out for tomorrow is striker Dean Crabbe, the son of former Hearts player Scott.
They are a young team and will have lots of energy but let us hope the guys have been practising in front of goal this week!
Dean Crabbe signed for Penicuik during the week.

14 minutes ago, Gimme said:
47 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Dean Crabbe signed for Penicuik during the week.

Oh well, one less to worry about!

Probably the most frustrating thing about the BU for about five years! We’ve never been bad at getting the ball in the box....
If you don't shoot you don't score. Our forward players dribble, pass and cross the ball but they appear reluctant to shoot.
Hopefully we bang in a couple v Tynecastle.
Mon the BU's !!!

Boness 5 Tynecastle 2 FT.

The BU's were booed off at halftime trailing 0-1 after the worst BU performance I have ever seen. I was at Carnoustie when we were 5-0 down at halftime and we were better in that half than today's "effort". Feckin shameful performance.

Second half the introduction of Campbell for Sime and the switch of McMullin to left back and a big increase in pace and effort saw the BU assert themselves.

Game of 2 halves if ever there was one.

Another good performance from McMullan. Very good with the ball at his feet for a defender.

Also, that’s two games in a row that Donnelly has started as the furthest forward of the three centre midfielders as opposed to Morgan. Totally negates what both of them are best at and should be swapped about.

Missed the  1st 30 mins never heard Bo’ness get booed off like that before but they responded in the 2nd with 5 goals and should’ve scored more 

A quick summary of the first 30 minutes for Sheep :-
BU decided to play "walking football". We couldn't string the passes together and there was no organisation or urgency. We had people hiding on the flanks and a huge hole in midfield.
Feckin awful to watch .

Whenever we ventured forward in the first half, Marty always seemed to have to come wide right.   In the second he was able to stay central and got a brace.  The lad McMullen had a good second half when switched to the left and Syme now has a bit of competition out there, no bad thing.  The young lad, with a first name of Tiwi, looked a decent prospect when he came on.  Still a pupil at St Mungo's I'm led to believe.

One position that does need sorting is in goals.  Marshall is always stuck on his line, which contributed to their late second goal.  For me, Murphy should be number 1.

Genuinely stunned when I noticed we were playing you at your current ground this season. Tell me more about your new ground.