Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

That’s a poor argument Dave. Why were there barley any home fans at your recent game against us? That’s not me, that’s your own fans voting with their feet. 

Why do your players prefer to go away on Jolly’s mid season instead of competing in your most important game of the season? Or phone in sick? That’s your players, that’s not me. 

Edited by Red Rose

It must be painful when the away team outnumbers the home suppprt. Not unexpected, mind.

If you genuinely believe Bonnyrigg had more supporters than Bo’ness at Bo’ness last week then I’d suggest one of the following:

A: You’ve just made that up.
B: You’re blind.
C: You weren’t even there.

So is it one of the above or all?

That’s a poor argument Dave. Why were there barley any home fans at your recent game against us? That’s not me, that’s your own fans voting with their feet. 
Why do your players prefer to go away on Jolly’s mid season instead of competing in your most important game of the season? Or phone in sick? That’s your players, that’s not me. 

“barley”

My guess would be that a fair few supporters decided to do other things as they knew we’d likely get beat since we knew for a week that there’d be about 6 or 7 likely starters missing the Bonnyrigg game, which then increased with the guys that called off sick.

Regardless though, the most puzzling thing here is; Why have you come on here, in a right state, a week after a 4-1 win, ranting angrily about the numbers in the home crowd?

Red Rose should remember that in the last 10 years the BU fans have usually outnumbered the Rose fans when we have made the trip to Bonnyrigg.

Might have been the case 10 years ago but certainly hasn't been in the last few seasons.

I was genuinely shocked at the lack of home support there last week and the lack of kids there was really noticeable. I had initially thought the shed was full of BU supporters until the first goal went in to reveal a good number of away fans in there, and we won't mention those who started sneaking out when the third goal went in!

Genuine question - Whats the club doing to bring in the next generation of fans?

I couldn't see how many Rose fans were in the West end of the ground but I know BU fans were spread around the ground and not just in the covered enclosure. As far as Rose fans outnumbering the home support I think that may be a claim too far.

Seeing as Bonnyrigg usually bring about 50-70 to Linlithgow I cant see them taking 3 times that to outnumber the Boness home support.

I had initially thought the shed was full of BU supporters until the first goal went in to reveal a good number of away fans in there

I was in the enclosure for the first half. A dozen Bonnyrigg fans in there if you’re lucky.

In fairness to them there was a larger visiting support than in the past but given their recent successes that's only to be expected.

No complaints yesterday we were very poor,  well beaten and 1-0 flattered us.  Thought Boness were very well organised and hard working.  

No complaints yesterday we were very poor,  well beaten and 1-0 flattered us.  Thought Boness were very well organised and hard working.  

A couple of positives:

Your wee goalie is very good. Always like seeing a keeper who’s a good kicker of the ball.

And...

The soup out the hut was magic!

9 hours ago, FuzzyBear said:

Seeing as Bonnyrigg usually bring about 50-70 to Linlithgow I cant see them taking 3 times that to outnumber the Boness home support.

aye of course! we had more than you at your place last time

Bonnyrigg have never had more than the home fans at Linlithgow in the last 40 years you weird stalker.

On 11/11/2018 at 21:51, FuzzyBear said:
On 11/11/2018 at 21:12, Pete77 said:

Bonnyrigg have never had more than the home fans at Linlithgow in the last 40 years you weird stalker.

lies. you wouldnt have been there anyway you psycho.

15 hours ago, Pete77 said:

lies. you wouldnt have been there anyway you psycho.

Psycho - :lol::lol: .

I resume you have figures to back up your argument that Bonnyrigg had more fans at the game than Linlithgow.

A work-mate who plays for a side in a different conference asked me today how we didn't score at least seven at the weekend.

He'd watched the highlights and commented on the number of balls going across the face of goal and not being converted.  Reassuring that I was not just watching the game from a BU bias.

Tomorrow we play a side just scudded 9-1 at home and now managerless.  We all know results like that don't happen two weeks in a row and their boys will be fighting doubly hard.  Our forwards need to be doing what they are paid for and hit a handful at any rate.

The argument about fans is very much my dad is bigger than your dad logic.

I never made the game at Boness but have been plenty times before and dont think we have ever outnumber Boness supporters, same is true for Linlithgow.

If the statement is remotely true about Boness then their core support must have fallen and our usual away support must have really increased for this game.

I remember several season back, Max Christie era i think, and we had a stag doo and half of the team were away from an important match which i think we lost. I remember how pissed off i was at that so if i were a Boness fan i wouldnt be happy at a similar occurence especially in a "big game" 

2 hours ago, Boomtown Boy said:

The argument about fans is very much my dad is bigger than your dad logic.

I never made the game at Boness but have been plenty times before and dont think we have ever outnumber Boness supporters, same is true for Linlithgow.

If the statement is remotely true about Boness then their core support must have fallen and our usual away support must have really increased for this game.

I remember several season back, Max Christie era i think, and we had a stag doo and half of the team were away from an important match which i think we lost. I remember how pissed off i was at that so if i were a Boness fan i wouldnt be happy at a similar occurence especially in a "big game" 

Our away support is where I would judge a drop a in numbers. eg. v Dundonald 2 recent games away the total attendances was 584,  removing that from their overall home matches gave them an average out of the remaining 8 of 136. So roughly we take 140/150 to away matches. These are the core of the Club supporters.

Bonnyrigg's continued success will get the supporters to follow them away from home. They brought a good few to the last match but to outnumber the home support was flying a kite. Methinka a bit of shit stirring was at work.