Bo'ness United 2018/19

26 minutes ago, 8MileBU said:

Fucking hell emoji1.png

I criticised their method of heating food actually.

It was Specky................we really shouldn't expect sensible posts from him where the BU's are concerned.   Obsessed hatred bordering on bunny boiling.  He needs to take a chill pill.

11 hours ago, Specky said:

8mile you criticise Tranent's facilities but at least they have their own ground.....

I didn’t. They do. 

9 hours ago, Specky said:

emoji38.pngemoji38.png OMG the irony is almost funny.

Glad to see my stalking obsessers haven't missed me over the summer.

HTG!

You’re over on OUR thread, brainiac.

8 hours ago, Specky said:

So they're "pie hut" isn't a facility then? emoji15.png

*their 

And yes it is a facility. It’s how they use an appliance in said facility that was being criticised. 

18 hours ago, 8MileBU said:

All that money to pay Ian Black with and they can’t afford a decent working oven. Correct though. Fucking disgusting. Eat before you go or grab something at Greggs down the street when visiting Tranent.

Sorry I’ve no idea what you’re on about?

Glad to inform the food connoisseurs, that Tranent now have a proper, fully fitted oven for heating the excellent pies that they sell on match days?

Tranent look forward to welcoming one of the biggest team in 'Boness' on Saturday 22nd September.

Glad to inform the food connoisseurs, that Tranent now have a proper, fully fitted oven for heating the excellent pies that they sell on match days?
Tranent look forward to welcoming one of the biggest team in 'Boness' on Saturday 22nd September.

As a goodwill gesture for the grilled pies last season, you could buy us all an oven heated one!

Microwave matsui 29 quid from curries

Back to League business this week and a home game to boot.  I'm not underestimating any side in this new set-up but I'm sure Kegs would be disappointed at anything other than a win against Dunipace.  The last three weeks have proved you cannot take anything for granted.

Still waiting for the signing of a recognised striker.  We cannot put the load on our centre-backs to win our games.

Has Marc Kelly put pen to paper with anyone yet?

19 minutes ago, Jambo'ness said:

Back to League business this week and a home game to boot.  I'm not underestimating any side in this new set-up but I'm sure Kegs would be disappointed at anything other than a win against Dunipace.  The last three weeks have proved you cannot take anything for granted.

Still waiting for the signing of a recognised striker.  We cannot put the load on our centre-backs to win our games.

Has Marc Kelly put pen to paper with anyone yet?

Marc Kelly is with the Accies reserves until 31/8/19

I received terrific help on the Junior forum that gave me the forenames of all 30 Bo'ness United players who played for Junior Scotland. However, another match and the 31st player has recently emerged! Can anyone help me with a forename of a player named McKie who played in 1949? 

Thank you.

4 hours ago, bluedragon said:

I received terrific help on the Junior forum that gave me the forenames of all 30 Bo'ness United players who played for Junior Scotland. However, another match and the 31st player has recently emerged! Can anyone help me with a forename of a player named McKie who played in 1949? 

Thank you.

Johnny is the name your looking for. Just got the answer from a man who saw him play.

4 hours ago, boheesian said:

Johnny is the name your looking for. Just got the answer from a man who saw him play.

Thank you very much. Johnny McKie played alongside Bo'ness team mate Willie Mitchell for Junior Scotland at Pittodrie on 5 March 1949 to celebrate the 60th anniversary of the Aberdeenshire JFA.  

Another week passed and still no new forwards on the horizon. Very disappointing. In the local rag, the Manager seems to be quite happy having got passed Crosssgates in the past weeks but no mention of the lack of goals from the forwards. Very disappointing. When both centre halves are among the top scorers it is blatantly obvious that something is wrong up front. Does he have a scouting system in place, does he have good contacts in the game? both serious questions.

11 hours ago, Standalone said:

Another week passed and still no new forwards on the horizon. Very disappointing. In the local rag, the Manager seems to be quite happy having got passed Crosssgates in the past weeks but no mention of the lack of goals from the forwards. Very disappointing. When both centre halves are among the top scorers it is blatantly obvious that something is wrong up front. Does he have a scouting system in place, does he have good contacts in the game? both serious questions.

Very good questions but only he knows for sure.  Going by recent signings, it is clear he knows players in the West (Watt, Prentice, Gray & MacKenzie).  I think Shirra will have been the driver behind Morgan & Syme signings, him being at Sauchie before.  We have only picked up one senior outfield free (MacDonald), which surprises me.   

If you watch the footage of our games this season, it is painfully obvious that our chance conversion rate is very low.  Once again, we have waited too long to do important transfer business.

Edited by Jambo'ness