Bo'ness United 2018/19

I think it just underlines how short of bodies we are up front.  Injuries & unavailability are always going to mean you need good back-up.  The idea of playing Campbell or Hunter up front just doesn't work.  We've tried it late on in matches we've been behind to no result.  Their scoring worth comes from dead-ball situations only.

We really need to get another body in soon.  A great pity it isn't likely to be Kelly.

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

I think it just underlines how short of bodies we are up front.  Injuries & unavailability are always going to mean you need good back-up.  The idea of playing Campbell or Hunter up front just doesn't work.  We've tried it late on in matches we've been behind to no result.  Their scoring worth comes from dead-ball situations only.

We really need to get another body in soon.  A great pity it isn't likely to be Kelly.

Can play a trialist of course. Recent paper talk is that a good number of players from the SFL are still without clubs.

Too true Sheep 3points but not a lot to get excited about. Morgan and Donnelly ended up front in a 4-4-2 formation that saw out the victory. Thought the Boness second goal was just offside but the fat linesman was wobbling back 15 yards up the pitch and wasnt in a position to assist the ref. Thought the Crossgates penalty was soft. Yes it hit the arm of Josh MacDonald but he was only 3 yards away and it was blasted at him. Thought it was a clear case of ball to hand .

Few howlers by the officials today. Amateur hour.

17 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

3 pts   That’s all folks 

Three points indeed and hard-won.  Primrose are not a pretty side to watch but do the simple things well.  Their number 4 is a no-frills defender who kicks the ball the way he is facing and usually out of the park.  

Considering our dearth of attacking options we did well to get the points but a real striker up front could have reaped a few goals today.

Good to see Syme back after a bout of chickenpox and Josh Watt also looked lively when he entered the fray.

Now I know that both Wright and McKenzie were absent today - both at weddings - why wasn't Rintoul given a chance. Keast was then injured taking the penalty and had to go off- why wasn't Snowdon given the chance to atone for his last penalty miss? - and we replace him with a defensive midfielder and still no Rintoul. He then substitutes Prentice for Watt - who IMO did not look fit - still no Rintoul. Now I don't know if Jacobs had taken a knock but to substitute him for Gray was IMO a poor move as the guy is not fit. 

Rintoul has bags of energy and would have been an ideal target for an out ball but no he brings on two unfit players in Watt and Gray. If we were 4 or 5 up yes but hanging on 2-1 it was madness. 

My MOTM split between Gemmell and Morgan. As Sheep says 3 pts and I agree but the man management in that game was terrible.

Hunter6 where are you?

Agree with much of what Boheesian says. Rintoul seemed the obvious choice to put on but alas the manager had other ideas. Though Primrose did well to drag us down to their level of playing style. When we played it on the deck we looked better than them. When we punted it up they just punted it back. Thankfully our defence coped with it.

Edited by Deanburn Dave