Bo'ness United 2018/19

Is he the big bustling centtr forward that we are looking for!
You know big Hunter will give 100% but he would only last 15 minutes up front these days. Mackenzie makes decent runs and protects the ball well enough but it's the shooting and scoring that's his problem. Meantime Keast and Wright don't know when to pass. Both are natural heads down dribblers who often try to beat one man too many.
Good to have Dougie back. He took a few hefty tackles last night and looked like he was enjoying the battle. A few games away from fully match fit but he will get there.

Played for Arbroath when they pumped you in the Scottish. He was an excellent player back then while on loan from Accies.
An excellent player back then but he is a lot heavier these days. I think he may even be a tad heavier than when he last played for the BU but maybe the yellow tops just make players look bigger.

37 minutes ago, hollydolly said:

Watched him last night ,hardly put a foot wrong .

Agree but let's take into account the opposition.   The big man has a decent first touch, he is left footed, reads the game well, can pass the ball and is sound in the air.   Let's be honest and say if he had fitness and pace he wouldn't be a trialist at the BU's.      

14 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Josh MacDonald from Raith Rovers young team looked decent in the midfield for the BU at Thorniewood. The opponents were getting stuck in and he was more than holding his own.

Marshall is a decent keeper but for me Murphy is better.

Last year, because of the loan deal with Accies, Marshall was guaranteed a game when available.  This year he'll have to earn it.  Can only be good for the two of them.

Today's the day!  Competitive football returns but in a new setting.  I hope the locals get behind the side from the start.

The last two visits from Jeanfield have seen us score five each time but they will be rejuvenated this year and I certainly don't expect a repeat.

Keep tight at the back, make chances and take them.  God, it sounds so easy doesn't it?