Bo'ness United 2018/19

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

Looks like it

Remarkable run...

Lost at home to Jeanfield in opening EQL game, meaning had to beat Leith (only 2-1) and Oakley to qualify. Then beat Tynecastle (aet), Newtongrange (on pens aet), Tranent (in 90mins but it was 3-5 from 2-1 & 3-2 down!), and now Bonnyrigg (on pens aet).

720mins + 2 shootouts.

Edited by HibeeJibee

17 minutes ago, HibeeJibee said:

Remarkable run...

Lost at home to Jeanfield in opening EQL game, meaning had to beat Leith (only 2-1) and Oakley to qualify. Then beat Tynecastle (aet), Newtongrange (on pens aet), Tranent (in 90mins but it was 3-5 from 2-1 & 3-2 down!), and now Bonnyrigg (on pens aet).

720mins + 2 shootouts.

Or to paraphrase :   Lucky B@stards !!

Edited by Skipper

1 minute ago, boness4ever said:

As someone once said “UNBELIEVABLE JEFF”this has been a helluva journey in the league cup,all credit to Max and the boys,but can we not win a game 5-0 sometime!!!!

Oh I did get my hat back:lol:

46 minutes ago, B-U-tiful United said:

Hopefully weakened them enough for us on Thursday 

Brian Morgan was absolutely outstanding tonight. MOTM for me. Unplayable at times.

Andy Murphy deserves some plaudits too for a couple of brilliant saves, not just the two penalties.

Hope both are BU players for many years to come.

Both teams deserve huge credit for producing an utterly absorbing 2 hrs + of fitbaw, great effort from both teams - Bonnyrigg in the midst of a gruelling schedule and two days after an epic ten man comeback, and the BUs battling to the end of extra time a man short. 

We started both halves of normal time horribly but were the better side over the 90 and should have won it in the last half hour. Extra time a different story with the sending off - Bonnyrigg will rue some missed chances.

Agree that special mentions are due to Morgan and Murphy. 

After the Blantyre fiasco, hopefully this puts to bed any notion that we can't take penalties in the dark. 

Congratulations BU!

Still the only team (apart from Deveronvale) to beat Bonnyrigg, and tonight again proving it was no fluke. No other team has been near their level, but you have definitely came in 2nd in terms of performance imo...

Possible favourites going into next seasons Premier League?!

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

On Saturday it's Bonnyrigg v Jeanfield. That game decides our opponent in the quarter final of the King Cup.
It's either Jeanfield on Saturday 18th or its Bonnyrigg on Wednesday 22nd. Personally I would prefer a trip to Perth.

Bonnyrigg game will be Saturday 18th if we beat them on thursday night or spartans make lowland league cup final 

Edited by AlanCamelonfan

1 hour ago, wee dougie said:

thanks for your good wishes , well done you piece of s****

Leave them to wallow in the mire of the Ormiston Draw. Not the defeats by Broxburn and Camelon. 

Max and his team have done an incredible job to turn this squad round. Would say possibly the addition of 4/5 players in various positions  -except Goalkeeper - would be required to improve the team.

I don't think I've ever seen a player happier than Michael Gemmell was last night, after scoring the winning penalty.  That man is the heart and soul of the club! 

Andy Murphy?  You always felt he was going to save at least one and indeed got touches to 3 of the first 4 and yet again he came up trumps.

Morgy?  I think we should approach Duracell for sponsorship, as he never stops.

On to Max.  What a terrific job he has done in his time with us.  Turned round a team that looked lost, into a team of 'never say die' winners.

To the people of Bo'ness, support this team, they WILL reward you!