Bo'ness United 2018/19

1 hour ago, bigwullieac said:

Fantastic result today. A big GIRUY to the Tranent coach sarcastically clapping Andy Murphy when he dropped the ball, wonder if he enjoyed the rest of the game as much?

Brilliant shift from the players today as well, nice to see a team that seems 100% committed to getting a result. 

A thought it was the village people that walked across the pitch at full time 

Just now, Belter1 said:

Why do you think we got him. Braw painter the laddie. Foresters has never looked so good

Just now, Belter1 said:

Why do you think we got him. Braw painter the laddie. Foresters has never looked so good

Got to be good at something 

Took in my 2nd Bo'ness game today and again I left fully entertained, was a fantastic day in the sun, the Bo'ness Committee left today with their pockets a lot lighter as I was selling donuts. Bo'ness committee were a credit today in their hospitality considering they are not in their usual home. I will look forward to my 3rd Bo'ness game.

17 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Better team won today. Tranent lost there discipline in the 2nd half aswell. No excuses. It will be a different game back at Tranent though. Cup games are important now.

Doesn’t matter if the committee wanted a hot drink or not the fact that he had to spend money for food and drink because nothing was offered is a shambles from a club like Bo’ness when there was trays of sandwiches etc for the players. There was Bo’ness committee members sitting like King Henry
with the food. Coffees, donuts the lot.

Last time they never attended hospitality back at Tranent when they spat the dummy out and this time they put nothing on. Shambles.

Bring on the cup game. Just make sure the massive crowd of supporters come to give us some coin.

You are right about the game and you have taken the result in the right spirit.

I cannot comment on committee as I am not on it but hospitality should always be offered.

As for attending the next match, bring it on.  I'm sure it will be as entertaining as the others.

I do know that the behaviour of some of your so-called fans will deter some from attending.  Over the last few games with you, there has been verbal abuse of women, homophobic comments and encouragement to cause injury to a player, knowing full well his parents were in earshot.  It's not big and it's not clever.  Your decent fans have a responsibility to weed these morons out.

You are right about the game and you have taken the result in the right spirit.
I cannot comment on committee as I am not on it but hospitality should always be offered.
As for attending the next match, bring it on.  I'm sure it will be as entertaining as the others.
I do know that the behaviour of some of your so-called fans will deter some from attending.  Over the last few games with you, there has been verbal abuse of women, homophobic comments and encouragement to cause injury to a player, knowing full well his parents were in earshot.  It's not big and it's not clever.  Your decent fans have a responsibility to weed these morons out.

Your fans are far from perfect believe me. Ive heard much of the same shouts from your supporters but you don’t see us complaining about it. You pay £6 to get in and people get carried away at times. I’m not condoning it but as long as it’s not over the top. Your fans have slated Blackie calling him a poof etc when his family are at the game aswell but still no complaints from anyone.

Who cares. It’s just part of the banter.

Looking forward to the next game

1 hour ago, Belter1 said:

Your fans are far from perfect believe me. Ive heard much of the same shouts from your supporters but you don’t see us complaining about it. You pay £6 to get in and people get carried away at times. I’m not condoning it but as long as it’s not over the top. Your fans have slated Blackie calling him a poof etc when his family are at the game aswell but still no complaints from anyone.

Deflection and whataboutery.  You sure you don't support one of the old firm?

5 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Stating the facts. It happens everywhere.

Still deflection.  What about a 'hands up, we are in the wrong but we'll fix it'.

Bo'ness had trouble at games and were forced to get it sorted.  You seem oblivious to the fact that some of your fans actions are illegal and would see them arrested on the spot.

48 minutes ago, Belter1 said:

Seems like deflection from yourself aswell. To be honest I never heard any woman getting abused or that but it’s wrong if that’s the case. Like I said I don’t condone it.

Unfortunately it was the case as I witnessed it. The couple come to most of our games to watch their son and I have never seen or heard them get involved. I am sure that was also the game where Hunter had water bottles thrown at him after he was sent off.

Yes  good natured banter has always been a part of the game but on that occasion it was totally out of order.

9 hours ago, Belter1 said:

Calling someone a 'poof' is never just "part of the banter" not sure why you feel it necessary to defend the actions of a minority of your fans. Any time I hear anything like that from my own fans I'll call it out, sad that you cant do the same. 

As others have mentioned Bo'ness did their part to resolve the issues with a minority of fans ruining it for the majority, sad that the reaction from others is to instead try and deflect in whatever way they can. In terms of Ian Black, I've not heard homophobic abuse sent towards him, but had I done I would be one of the first in calling it out