• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

A new venue for the BU's to visit today and there seems to be a host of midfield options.  Hopefully Gemmell is restored there as he is not a centre-back!

Every game needs to be won just now, to cement a place in the top 5.

Certainly not taking it for granted as Tynecastle began the match at Newtown in fine fashion.

Relegated last season...They are hardly flying high 1 division above the CC ams
All the players they paid while doing well moved on to pennies 
Fair enough. My point still stands though. I've not seen a team in our area being run as well and I used to run one of them!

1 hour ago, grinderbrokeyourhearts said:

Fair enough. My point still stands though. I've not seen a team in our area being run as well and I used to run one of them!

bucfc cc play in stirling amateur league thistle in Edinburgh league 

cc amateur team just moved from Sunday to Saturday amateur 

thistle 12 year amateur a wee bit of a difference 

0-0 FT. Thank feck the referee has blown the whistle and brought that game to an end. Dreadful watching. Tynecastle keeper had a good save from a Hunter header in 93 minutes and that was the total sum of the BU's efforts. Struggling to think of a MOTM to be honest.
Tynecastle set up to keep a clean sheet and the BU's didn't have the guile or drive to break it down.

0-0 FT. Thank feck the referee has blown the whistle and brought that game to an end. Dreadful watching. Tynecastle keeper had a good save from a Hunter header in 93 minutes and that was the total sum of the BU's efforts. Struggling to think of a MOTM to be honest.
Tynecastle set up to keep a clean sheet and the BU's didn't have the guile or drive to break it down.

Awful.

The truly dreadful thing is that - for all that we had most of the game - I can't honestly say that we should have won. Take away that late Hunter chance and we made nothing. Without wishing to be overly dramatic (but you know I'm about to be...!) , that's our worst result in many years, and in due course it could prove to be extremely damaging. 

First half was piss poor, second half was poor! Can’t for the life of me think why Dev was dropped from right back for MacDonald?
Bo’ness were slightly better second half after Tiwi was replaced by Alan at half time!

Murphy made a decent save in the first half,other than that there wasn’t much to say,that’s why he got my MOTM vote

Poor team set-up, with all the midfield wanting to play further back.  I would have expected Stevenson to be deployed further forward, where his pace could have been damaging but instead he sat back.  

No penetration up front but not surprising as little service was provided.  They stuck 11 men behind the ball and we hadn't a clue what to do.

Definitely missing Morgan just now but one man isn't going to solve our problems.

12 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

I presumed that wee Dev wasn't fully fit. Why else would you pick a transfer listed player ahead of a regular.

If ur on about McDonald,he played last week too,as did DJ,mind you I thought that last week,why isn’t Snowdon playing 

Edited by boness4ever

Snowdon refuses to play 90mins on plastic pitches as it knackers his joints for the following week.

That wasn’t a plastic pitch today...?

As for today, team selection wrong, substitutions wrong, game plan wrong. Probably the poorest game I’ve seen this season. Big wide pitch and barely used it until McKenzie (not a winger) came on.
Syme would’ve gave a good wide option too.

Well, I’m fcuking ragin’ after that today. We’ve no leadership on the park or off the park at both coaching and committee level. If Kerrigan is not sacked then he should be man enough to resign. His player recruitment, apart from Syme, Morgan and McKenzie has been abysmal. All the other players he has brought in have not been good enough – Gray, Prentice, Watt, McMullen, McDonald, Comrie, Marshall and Aldin. I’ll exclude Sweeney and Tiwi from that list, but if he thinks that 18 year old boys are the answer to our lack of fire power up front then he’s coaching at the wrong level.

Let’s face it, Kerrigan should never have been appointed in the first place. It was the easy option for the committee but it appears to be laziness on their part not to invite applications for the post. However since the appointment there has been numerous occasions when he should have been sacked. 

•    10 February 2018, losing 4-1 away to a ten man Broughty Ferry
•    His tactics in the replay at Hurlford after going one goal up
•    Losing the last three league games of the 2017/18 season
•    Failure to recruit a goal scorer – I know they are hard to come by but Kerrigan has come nowhere near getting someone who might be what we need
•    Putting Hunter up front near the end of the game against Jeanfield – it was desperation not tactics
•    Narrowing the pitch at Newtown
•    Letting an eight man Crossgates score against us and hanging on at the end. This to me was the worst of the sacking offences.
•    Today
•    The overall disciplinary record this season which has been shocking

I’ll not include the first half performance at home to Tynecastle or the game at Sauchie as I wasn’t there.

There are more. See the comments above about team selection and set up and tactics. He is quite clearly out of his depth. He has taken Bo’ness backwards

8 minutes ago, 3 Valuable Points said:

He is quite clearly out of his depth. 

If only there had been previous proof of that...….say in the East Juniors superleague.

Well, I’m fcuking ragin’ after that today. We’ve no leadership on the park or off the park at both coaching and committee level. If Kerrigan is not sacked then he should be man enough to resign. His player recruitment, apart from Syme, Morgan and McKenzie has been abysmal. All the other players he has brought in have not been good enough – Gray, Prentice, Watt, McMullen, McDonald, Comrie, Marshall and Aldin. I’ll exclude Sweeney and Tiwi from that list, but if he thinks that 18 year old boys are the answer to our lack of fire power up front then he’s coaching at the wrong level.
Let’s face it, Kerrigan should never have been appointed in the first place. It was the easy option for the committee but it appears to be laziness on their part not to invite applications for the post. However since the appointment there has been numerous occasions when he should have been sacked. 
•    Failure to recruit a goal scorer – I know they are hard to come by but Kerrigan has come nowhere near getting someone who might be what we need
•    Putting Hunter up front near the end of the game against Jeanfield – it was desperation not tactics
•    Letting an eight man Crossgates score against us and hanging on at the end. This to me was the worst of the sacking offences.
•    Today
I’ll not include the first half performance at home to Tynecastle or the game at Sauchie as I wasn’t there.
There are more. See the comments above about team selection and set up and tactics. He is quite clearly out of his depth. He has taken Bo’ness backwards

Agree with a lot of that but the bit I’ve made bold is a load of rubbish. I’ve seen enough of Tiwi already to see that if the team was set up better and we created some decent chances he’d have scored against that mob today. Hard to come by at EOS level but good 18 year old boys is exactly what we need. Other than Tiwi, McKenzie and Syme when he gets going, there’s zero pace in the BU squad.

39 minutes ago, 3 Valuable Points said:

•    Today

What a lot of  rubbish 

12 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

What a lot of  rubbish 

12 minutes ago, Sheep77 said:

What a lot of  rubbish 

How ? 

1 hour ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Snowdon refuses to play 90mins on plastic pitches as it knackers his joints for the following week.

Will is injured

•    Today
Wow! So that's a maybe then?