• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

The most disappointing thing is that we all thought you would be a league challenge this season. 

IMG_0981.jpg

9 hours ago, Red Rose said:

The most disappointing thing is that we all thought you would be a league challenge this season. 

Oh dear.  Another one of the Bonnyrigg brigade on a fishing exercise. On here at 1am because even his wrist turned him down.

You are the only one that considered we would be a challenge this year, no noises of the sort from our side.

17 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Boness 5 Tynecastle 2 FT.

The BU's were booed off at halftime trailing 0-1 after the worst BU performance I have ever seen. I was at Carnoustie when we were 5-0 down at halftime and we were better in that half than today's "effort". Feckin shameful performance.

Second half the introduction of Campbell for Sime and the switch of McMullin to left back and a big increase in pace and effort saw the BU assert themselves.

Game of 2 halves if ever there was one.

100% Correct. When Campbell went into the dressing room at HT it was obvious a change was on the cards. That had the desired effect and we ran out easy winners in the end. Our lack of composure on and off the ball smacked of complacency and we were simply shite. Who do you lay the blame at because that team is full of experienced players?  

10 hours ago, Red Rose said:

The most disappointing thing is that despite a comfortable win for your team a fortnight ago, you are still here spouting pish, all butthurt and really, really angry about all things Bo’ness. Bizarre.

I'm sure the BUs played Eyemouth in a friendly a number of years ago but I can't remember the details. I'm sure Jambo'ness will have them. Cheers

19 minutes ago, John S said:

I'm sure the BUs played Eyemouth in a friendly a number of years ago but I can't remember the details. I'm sure Jambo'ness will have them. Cheers

Your memory serves you well John.  It was back on 11th January 1969, at Newtown.  It finished a 2-2 draw, with the BU scorers being a trialist and Ian Wodecki.

14 minutes ago, John S said:

Cheers Jambo'ness I thought there was one not quite so far back.

There might be a more recent game but you can never rely on the Journal where it comes to Bo'ness matters.  They've historically given the inside-leg measurements of every player the wee rose sign but sadly negligent on BU games and signings.

What's the situation at Eyemouth regards having a team for Saturday? Been speaking to a couple of supporters who are concerned the game might not take place.

1 hour ago, boheesian said:

What's the situation at Eyemouth regards having a team for Saturday? Been speaking to a couple of supporters who are concerned the game might not take place.

Not heard anything 

In the last hour the Eyemouth website and their Facebook and Twitter accounts have all been updated with details of the Eyemouth v BU fixture. No suggestion the fixture is not proceeding.

This bumface might ken...

[mention]heedthebaa[/mention] do you ken?

1 hour ago, 8MileBU said:

This bumface might ken...

[mention]heedthebaa[/mention] do you ken?

:lol: Game on as far as I know and wrap up

17 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Never mind trivia like "will the game be on ?"......the big question is - is there a pie hut ?

Yes of course, but there’s usually 6, hopefully there’s a knife to half them 

2 hours ago, heedthebaa said:

Yes of course, but there’s usually 6, hopefully there’s a knife to half them 

Well that's DD catered for what about the rest of us?