• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
Deanburn Dave

Bo'ness United 2018/19

Hello BUs, need a wee hand...

I’m planning on coming through to the Jeanfield game on the 28th of July. Seems like I’ll have over an hour to kill afterwards - is there a social club or recommended boozer to head to afterwards?

Edited by Born To Run

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

I’m planning on coming through to the Jeanfield game on the 28th of July. Seems like I’ll have over an hour to kill afterwards - is there a social club or recommended boozer to head to afterwards?

That's a social club outside the ground,chemical workers club,or Fisons to the locals,and there's Richmond park hotel about z 2minute walk away

1 hour ago, Born To Run said:

If ur P &B name is an indication of ur music taste,then u have great taste:thumsup2:unsure2:

2 hours ago, Born To Run said:

Walk to Linlithgow, the pubs are better ;)

3 minutes ago, drs said:

Walk to Linlithgow, the pubs are better ;)

Better banter with the BU supporters though8)8)

Still very concerned at the pitch situation.  I have heard club want it delayed to next season but that of course comes at a cost that I'm not sure the NPA can cover.

1 hour ago, Jambo'ness said:

Still very concerned at the pitch situation.  I have heard club want it delayed to next season but that of course comes at a cost that I'm not sure the NPA can cover.

I have heard this too 

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 17:43, 4everblue said:

Better banter with the BU supporters though8)8)

Aye - Yer money or your life is top banter...!!!

2 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Probably a silly question.but is this concerning the weight of needed machinery to dig up grass pitch.

12 minutes ago, lithgierose said:

Probably a silly question.but is this concerning the weight of needed machinery to dig up grass pitch.

Partly true. They have found an old mine entrance/shaft which was filled in - with what they are not sure - around the late 19th century. So it requires a permit from the coal board to determine exactly what the issue is, this apparently takes a couple of weeks to get.

Heavy equipment would be used to scrape the surface in preparation for laying the new surface so Health and Safety is a priority.

3 minutes ago, boheesian said:

Partly true. They have found an old mine entrance/shaft which was filled in - with what they are not sure - around the late 19th century. So it requires a permit from the coal board to determine exactly what the issue is, this apparently takes a couple of weeks to get.

Heavy equipment would be used to scrape the surface in preparation for laying the new surface so Health and Safety is a priority.

So is the shaft entrance located on the actual pitch.seems a bit of an overreaction.considering the mine probably heads in the shore direction ? Gone are the days of,get on with it.h&s :(

1 hour ago, lithgierose said:

So is the shaft entrance located on the actual pitch.seems a bit of an overreaction.considering the mine probably heads in the shore direction ? Gone are the days of,get on with it.h&s :(

Obviously  this will take time even if permit in place  has bu got plans in place  in case a delay to work on park  ie pre season, start of season or the brothers Grimm wanting NPA  to do this work for them 

51 minutes ago, Bublue said:

Obviously  this will take time even if permit in place  has bu got plans in place  in case a delay to work on park  ie pre season, start of season or the brothers Grimm wanting NPA  to do this work for them 

I would imagine once the problem has been rectified and the delay is factored in then work might not start to next season. Remember it was to start mid May and we are now a month from that date and nothing has started.

Why the bitterness at the finish of your post? Can you not try and work things out yourself.

The NPA will inform the Club when it has a clearer picture and then United will come up with a solution. There's no magic wand to this problem.

Sure the same was found at Broxburn hence why the pitch ended up so far away from the stand

13 hours ago, Legend5 said:

Sure the same was found at Broxburn hence why the pitch ended up so far away from the stand

Think you are right - I remember something about a hole appearing when it was being built ending up in delays

1 hour ago, Sheep77 said:

Heard we’ve signed a left sided player from Clydebank 

Left-sided maybe but wont be their first choice left - back.  I believe he, Andy Paterson, just signed a new contract

On 17/06/2018 at 09:47, Jambo'ness said:

Left-sided maybe but wont be their first choice left - back.  I believe he, Andy Paterson, just signed a new contract

It' on boness site as Joshua watt former Clydebank player and Chris donned ly signed new deal

23 minutes ago, AlanCamelonfan said:

It' on boness site as Joshua watt former Clydebank player and Chris donned ly signed new deal

Only found a Joshua Watt - a winger - whose last Club was Queens Park and played with Cumnock maybe there is another player with the same name.:rolleyes: 

Hope Chris is over his injury as he was sorely missed when the going got tough.

Edited by boheesian