Bo'ness United 2018/19

Just checked out the "official" Boness United website. Looks totally different .

The list of players has been updated.........and the absence of Calum Scott from the list appears to confirm the story I heard on Saturday from another P&B poster that he has left the club.

BU;- Murphy, Jacobs Some Campbell and young trialist (Raith rovers ?). Middle 4 Gemmel, Morgan, Prentice and trialist 11(Will Snowdon clone). Front 2;Wright and Rintoul.
Team v Pollok is Murphy, Jacobs, Sime, Campbell and Hunter. Gemmel, Gray, Morgan and Watt in midfield. Front 2 Keast and Prentice. Early sub first half injured Prentice off and Marty Wright on.

Boness 0 Pollok 1 FT. Thought it was two evenly matched sides but the BU strikers struggled to create clear chances against the Pollok defence. Pollok had 1 good chance and took it well. Happy with the new boys and good to see Dougie back but I reckon we need big McKenzie back and creating a target for others to play off.

Back home with a cold drink so some more thoughts on the friendly v Pollok.

The BU back 4 apart from the goal looked solid with Gray the main holding midfielder. The other midfielders were passing the ball around and the possession was good but there wasn't much in the way of creating clear chances. I thought Keast and Wright (sub for Prentice) struggled to run through or around the Pollok back 4 and we just didn't create enough danger in and around their box. For the last 10 minutes it looked like we just run out of ideas and energy.
Pollok will rightly feel the happier side with the victory but that game tonight was a better exercise than the game v West Calder. We need more presence up top like big McKenzie to tie up the opposing defenders and allow Keast and attacking midfielders a bit more time and space.

Overall I think the new lads definitely improve the squad.........now if only our strikers could start creating chances and taking them.

9 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

New signings hurrah. Murphy and Marshall battling for the no 1 jersey. MacDonald looks a good prospect.

Competition for the keepers jersey definitely needed but on last nights showing, Murphy should be number 1.

Josh at the back had a hard time off their number 14 but at least was able to keep apace.

Of the other new boys, Syme & Watt continued to impress.  It really is a joy to have a proper left-back on the field!  Morgan did well too  and it was after his withdrawal we seemed to fall out of things.

I keep saying it but we are way too light up top.  Kelly & Millar lost in the close-season, we really need to sign at least one decent striker.  Where from?  I'm not the one holding the purse-strings but I would be trying really hard to get Zander Miller back from Broxburn.

5 hours ago, Jambo'ness said:

Competition for the keepers jersey definitely needed but on last nights showing, Murphy should be number 1.

Josh at the back had a hard time off their number 14 but at least was able to keep apace.

Of the other new boys, Syme & Watt continued to impress.  It really is a joy to have a proper left-back on the field!  Morgan did well too  and it was after his withdrawal we seemed to fall out of things.

I keep saying it but we are way too light up top.  Kelly & Millar lost in the close-season, we really need to sign at least one decent striker.  Where from?  I'm not the one holding the purse-strings but I would be trying really hard to get Zander Miller back from Broxburn.

Zander Miller no thank you