Bo'ness United 2018/19

I don't think I've ever seen a player happier than Michael Gemmell was last night, after scoring the winning penalty.  That man is the heart and soul of the club! 
Andy Murphy?  You always felt he was going to save at least one and indeed got touches to 3 of the first 4 and yet again he came up trumps.
Morgy?  I think we should approach Duracell for sponsorship, as he never stops.
On to Max.  What a terrific job he has done in his time with us.  Turned round a team that looked lost, into a team of 'never say die' winners.
To the people of Bo'ness, support this team, they WILL reward you!

Just came on to say that about Max. Since he took over BU never look beat. Long may it continue!

31 minutes ago, seenitall said:

Just watched highlights , what a statement from Bonnyrigg manager saying we just had to find who was sober .
Bad loser me thinks , be more professional man .

Says a lot about players and club and shows complete disrespect for their own fans and opponents.

35 minutes ago, leftbehind said:

Just seen the highlights of the game and cant believe a manager would make such a statement.    Must have been some binge taking in 2 days of celebrations at the clubs expence.  OK they were crowned Champions but this is a bit OTT   if its true.   Maybe some of the spend could of helped boost the Flood Lighting Appeal.

Bet they got sober quick enough when that email came in.

Can’t believe that the comments made by Robbie Horne were anything other than tongue in cheek. He said that Bo’ness deserved to win over the 90 minutes and in the extra time he felt his own had the better of the game. Wished Bo’ness good luck in the Final and mentioned they are a good team. 

FFS listen to what the man said.

Edited by boheesian

The highlights show how unlucky Dev was with that 2nd yellow. He is about 18 inches from the Bonnyrigg player when the Bonnyrigg player's boot up the park hits off him to the sound of "handball" from the Bonnyrigg players.      

I have absolutely no issue with the Bonnyrigg managers comments.     I think 13 of the 16 players on show played in their 3-1 defeat a few weeks ago at NDP so it was hardly a makeshift team.  

Semi final game was a good contest by 2 good teams. Dev sending off was as poor a decision as ive seen recently and denies the player a game in the final. My biggest disapointment in games ive watched this season , is the referee assistants lack of decision making. I always thought their position was to gain experience so as to progress. Very impressed by the 2 teams in this semi final and unlucky to have a loser after a good show by both teams. Good value for anybody that wants to watch decent football locally. I also watched EOS play off final last Saturday at Broxburn and that was as exciting as well. Great value and keep it up too all teams...you are providing great entertainment

Semi final game was a good contest by 2 good teams. Dev sending off was as poor a decision as ive seen recently and denies the player a game in the final.

Piss-poor that Dev will miss the final, and what makes his red card an even worse a decision is that literally 2 minutes later, the exact same thing happened in the Bonnyrigg penalty box or just outside it, (couldn’t tell from where I was stood) but the referee waved away the BU claims and the Bonnyrigg player went unpunished.

On 5/2/2019 at 06:32, Jambo'ness said:

They have a cheek.  We've put money into their coffers 4 times this season, probably all in their top half dozen gates, although not so many the other night from either side which can be explained by kick-off time in midweek and maybe previous antics.

Nimmo is back

51 minutes ago, gogsy said:

Worst kept secret in history.:lol: Best of luck to Ian Nimmo, very good player in the short time he was at Kelty.

It certainly was gogsy. Talented player and would imagine that the management team will get the best out of him.

3 minutes ago, Deanburn Dave said:
On 07/05/2019 at 08:06, AlanCamelonfan said:
Bonnyrigg game will be Saturday 18th if we beat them on thursday night or spartans make lowland league cup final 

Camelon 2 Bonnyrigg 1 was FT score.

Yeh so ur kings cup game vs bonnyrigg or Jeanfield should be 18th

Watched a few Musselburgh games from this season on YouTube and there was some slick play up front and a couple of nice finishes. Looked like they have a few youngsters in the ranks with pace. Our defence will need to use their experience to discourage their opponents.

7 hours ago, Deanburn Dave said:

Watched a few Musselburgh games from this season on YouTube and there was some slick play up front and a couple of nice finishes. Looked like they have a few youngsters in the ranks with pace. Our defence will need to use their experience to discourage their opponents.

Looking forward to the mach tomorrow. Bo'ness are always a hard team to play as we know whenever we play away. Harder still because of the great run you are on now Max is the manager.

However, as you say, some of the goals we have scored involve good slick passing movements. We also have a management team that wants us to play the right way!

Who knows how it will go, especially at a neutral venue. As I've said before, no matter how the match goes; Musselburgh can be pleased the way the season has gone - and we achieved our aim of playing in the top EoS league next season - Saying that; no one ever wants to get beat in a cup final so hope the sun is shining on us come 4:00pm.

Hopefully the management team can also get him to cut out all his backchat to the referees.

^^^ 100% this.

He’ll need to work hard to even get in the team as things stand because our three central midfielders have been outstanding recently. To be honest though, I only see him competing with Comrie for a place as Gemmell and Morgan must be the first two names on the team sheet.